RV shopping by Disney help

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Like to know some RV dealers near Disney that we could look for our new RV at.

We would be driving from NJ to disney and want to check out some dealers there in Florida and maybe on the way down I95.

We are also from NJ! :wave2:

It is about 50 minutes to an hour away, but we bought both of our RVs at Lazydays in Selma (Tampa). Our sales person is Jason Brunner. We got great deals on both units.

Lazydays is HUGE, and has a lot in stock. It is a bit out of the way, but I don't think you will find anyone else to have the stock they have. They will show you all the units you want to see, but they don't pressure you. They are right at exit 10 off I4. Definitely worth the trip!!

http://www.lazydays.com/

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!!

Checked out lazy days online and DH is disappointed they don't have pictures of a lot if their RVs for sale just stock photos. He does like their pricing tho.

Lazydays is awesome, you can spend the whole day there. There is also orlando rv on Fairbanks Ave in Winter Park, about 20 miles east of Disney on I4.

Checked out lazy days online and DH is disappointed they don't have pictures of a lot if their RVs for sale just stock photos. He does like their pricing tho.

Are you looking new or used? What type of RV? We have a class A diesel we bought used. It is a 2011 Tiffin Allegro bus. If you are shopping used in particular, they turn over inventory soooo quickly they they often don't have time to post pics. We traded in our 2008 Fleetwood Excursion last November, and they had a buyer for it before we actually signed the paperwork to make the trade in official.

If you are interested in something in particular, I suggest you call a salesperson and talk to them. Jason Brunner was great to work with. Tell him what you are looking for, he will tell you what he has, and if pics aren't on the website yet, he will go to the unit and text pic to you.

If there is something you really want, give him a $1000.00 credit card deposit to hold it. They will refund it, no questions asked if you change your mind when you get there.

Our Bus was so competitively priced, we saw it while the people trading it in were still living in it. We went right to the office to put a deposit on it, and another salesperson had a deposit for it as well, but got there after Jason, so we got it. I had put a deposit on a different unit the night before, but changed my mind when we saw the Bus. After putting the deposit, then we looked to see what else he had available...

Our first purchase same thing, we were between 2 units, but by the time we went back to see them both again, one was sale pending.

One other tip, when you look at a unit online, look to see the status. If it says incoming, that means it isn't there to photograph.

2 exits or so from Lazydays (you will pass it on your way to Lazydays from Disney) is a big Camping World. So if you plan a day to head in that direction you will have plenty to look at between the 2 dealers, though personally, we have spent whole days at Lazydays alone looking at RVS (and left exhausted).

When are you going to FL?

Good Luck!!!

Christine

I recommend Lazy Days too. We bought a Tiffin Phaeton new. I will be honest and say we have had a lot of trouble with ours. Ours was bought at a time when they had sped up production and our unit was a product of why that is not a good idea. I would still recommend them 100% because I know our situation is not the norm.

You really need to do your homework though. You need to know your prices, used prices, what you want, interest rates (if you are not buying cash) etc. We researched for over a year and were able to get a wonderful deal.

We love camping at Lazy Days too. You get a discount if you buy from them. It sounds weird I know but my kids love to go there and just relax!

I cannot recommend RV World of Florida (they are more central and west coast areas). I don't know what type of RV you have in mind but, we had a horrible, horrible expereince with a brand new Lexington, built by Forest River. So full of mold and mildew that we only used it once! The finance manager told us it became our problem the day we took delivery. A service manager of a major RV dealer told us he is aware that this was not an isolated incident with this model or the Sunseeker line.
I recommend that you speak with a service manager or advisor at some RV places and ask which brands have the lowest number of service calls for problems. We did this too late but that conversation was so very helpful when we began shopping for our new rig.
We love our new Winnebago and had previous excellent luck with our used Itasca and Tioga RVs.
Good luck and happy shopping!

It would pay to camp at Lazydays. While in the area there are other dealers, Bates comes to mind. Also at that point on I4 you aren't far from Tampa and you may find a dealer there.

We also bought our Motorhome from Lazydays!:thumbsup2 We would definetly recomond them. Our salesperson was Ian Sacks. So easy to work with. Tell him the couple from New Hampshire recommended him
:)

If you live in NJ, you might want to consider a NJ dealer. MANY dealers will only service units bought from them. Or if they agree to service yours, you get put on a long waiting list. If you're pretty handy yourself and think you can handle any service repairs, then a discount dealer is the way to go. If this is your first RV, I'd highly recommend a local dealer. Price around, then ask the local dealer to match your discount price. You'd be surprised. We did that, and our local dealer not only met the discount price, but beat it.

Sorry, I must respectfully disagree with dalspot on this. Any dealer selling a particular brand should service that brand no matter where it is purchased' or from whom. If they don't give good service to ALL of their customers, I'd take my business elsewhere. (Unless it is a preowned rig.) When we travel we want to know that we will receive excellent service from any Winnebago dealer. From the looks of the tags in the parking area, our dealer services more RVs from out of state than in FL.
We purposely did not purchase our rig in New England, we did not want one that had sat on a lot in the harsh (ice and snow) northeast winters.

Here is another flip on what dalspot said. There is a dealer local to me that sells Tiffin, and also services RVs. We almost bought a Tiffin Phaeton from him, and while shopping with him he made a point to show me his repair center. But, guess what he didn't mention, they don't work on diesel engines. So they were prepared to sell me a coach with an engine they could not service.

Just a FYI - You want to make sure where you buy from & where you live you can get service. I had a neighbor buy in MI, but lives in MO. when he had warranty issues, the local dealership would not service him. Yes true. I spoke with a manufacturer and they confirmed. RV are not the same warranty repair as cars.... "the local RV dealership is an independent owner"

A local dealer will not turn away servicing the RV. But since the economy downturn its become pretty much SOP that dealers do not like doing warranty repairs on units they did not sell. However, that is something that can still be mitigated with the right attitude.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter