• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RV Parking? We need a place to "park" while we cruise? Ideas?

CruisingCamper

DIS Veteran
We will we going back to Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort in March 2010, but the week before we check in we are going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral.

I have called the port and was told that we could park at the port for $36/day.

I was wondering if anyone had ever "parked" anywhere else for a week in Orlando that may have been cheaper.

I checked some rates at a few Orlando campgrounds and found some that are cheaper or equal to $36/day, but I didn't know if we could leave our camper/rv unattended for 7 days at thier sites.

Anyone ever done this before???

Thanks in advance for your replys!!

Did you ask the campgrounds you called about storing your RV? Or renting a site? Storage might be cheaper even if you have to pay for an entire month.

Park at The Fort in the overflow parking lot and take the bus for the cruise.

I've heard of campers being able to do this only if they are staying at FW before and after their cruise. Might be worthwhile to do this anyway? Simply stay at FW the night before the cruise.

$36 a day????? Geez....rent a spot at Turkey Lake campground, its under $20 a day and just leave the camper there while your on your cruise!! Im sure there are even cheaper ways than that...but thats just off the top of my head.

Thanks for all the ideas! I'm going to go find out about the Turkey Lake Campground! That may be a great option!

We can't take the bus, b/c it isn't the Disney cruise that we're going on..:) LOL..couldn't afford that again.

I called and asked a CM about parking in the overflow lot, but they had no idea what I was talking about, so I guess I need to contact the campground directly.

My friend has an RV dealership minutes from Port Canaveral and has storage facilities, you can park there for $5 a day.
You would have to find a way to get to and from the ship and the gate is only open during business hours (closed sunday), there phone number is 321-636-2010

Actually, someone quoted you wrong. If you park at the port it is $15 per day. There are park and cruise hotels near Port Canaveral which require a one night stay and you can leave your car while you take your cruise out of Port Canaveral.

Thanks for posting this! :) We are looking to buy a Class A, and was wondering what the parking cost would be. If it is $36, I am happy with that. I thought they would charge more.

Portcanaveler, I believe the $15 quote is for a car. The OP is looking to park a RV. They take up more space, which is why the quote is higher (at least that is what I believe).

They told me to park the 36 ft camper would be $21, then the truck would be an additional $15.

Now, the good news is that I hope this weekend we are trading the camper for an RV!!!:cool1:

CruisingCamper, Congrats and good luck! :)

Cool....so it may be cheaper!! We are looking to buy a 35 or 36 ft RV. I am sure the cost would be what you were quoted of $21. That is great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter