• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ruth & James 10/04/11 *~* TR Day 7 updated 03/11 *~*

You look GORGEOUS!!! Everything seems to be wonderful, can't wait to see more pictures!!

Congrats, MRS!

Thank you, more pics on the way :goodvibes

:yay: So glad you've started!!

How cool that they announced yall on the plane?!?!

And I love the pics you posted from the wedding! You're dress looked amazing on you!!!!

Can't wait to read more.

Thank you, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find a dress that looked good on me... now I want to live in it ;)

Really looking forward to reading your report-we fly out from Gatwick for our DFTW next Friday. Nice to hear about another UK bride!
Quick question if you don't mind-how did you get your hands on a wedding dress box from Virgin? This is exactly what I need as am stressing about how to pack it and we are also flying with Virgin so wondering of they would do the same for me? Thanks!

Hiya, We booked our wedding via Virgin so I think that maybe why I was sent a box. I think you can buy boxes that fit the dimensions needed for hand luggage. Good luck with everything :goodvibes

Oohhh the lounge area sounds so swanky! It sounds like a great start to your trip. (but WOW you must have been exhausted by the time you got to Pop!!)

I'm glad everyone arrived in FL (and, later on, at home!) safely. I can't wait to read more!!

The lounge area was so much fun, it made waiting around much more bearable. I probably should have been exhausted but I was that excited I felt very awake. :goodvibes

Anyway ladies... This is not really an update as such but I just wanted to say my photos are in!. I'm pleased with them, I was worried that I would look awful because I'm not very photogenic. I hate my face :rotfl: I always look drunk in photos but I was pleasantly suprised by these piccies.

http://www.collages.net/consumersite/clientspecificpages/disney/login_fairytaleweddings.aspx

Username: etty / hind wedding

Password: 1971

I probably should wait till relevent points in my TR come up to show the photos but I can't help myself, I've never been good at waiting.

Hey!! I just looked at your pics. They look great!!!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

I had to look at your pictures (Im totally anxiously awaiting our and I'm soo jealous you got your's back already!)! Lovely!!! You look stunning!!! Wow... Just Wow!!!!

When did you have your photoshoot? I was sooo worried that it was scheduled during the rain!!! I'm sooo happy you were able to do it!!! Great pictures!

Hey!! I just looked at your pics. They look great!!!

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Thank you, more trippy reporting on the way :goodvibes

I had to look at your pictures (Im totally anxiously awaiting our and I'm soo jealous you got your's back already!)! Lovely!!! You look stunning!!! Wow... Just Wow!!!!

When did you have your photoshoot? I was sooo worried that it was scheduled during the rain!!! I'm sooo happy you were able to do it!!! Great pictures!

Thank you, I'm glad we got them back already because I'm starting to feel bummed out by being back home/work :laughing: It cheered me up no end!

Our shoot was rescheduled for us, It was touch and go at one point. I could have cried, though as you can see it turned out ok in the end.

Hi Ruth! SO happy for you, I was thinking about you on my wedding day since we got married on the same day. I was terrible and never finished my pj, but i did check out your pics and they are great! you look beautiful. I told Tanis to make sure she congratulated you for me so I hope she did. All the best.

My sweet Ruth - Sorry I haven't commented earlier but I have been on a long stint of shifts, and when that happens, important things, like the boards, seem to take a back seat!!!
What a gorgeous princess you were on your big day!!!! The photos are gorgeous!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it!!!

Hi Ruth! SO happy for you, I was thinking about you on my wedding day since we got married on the same day. I was terrible and never finished my pj, but i did check out your pics and they are great! you look beautiful. I told Tanis to make sure she congratulated you for me so I hope she did. All the best.

I was thinking of you too! Tanis phoned out room just before we were due to leave and she passed your message on. I hope you had a wonderful day too :goodvibes I want to see piccies! xx

My sweet Ruth - Sorry I haven't commented earlier but I have been on a long stint of shifts, and when that happens, important things, like the boards, seem to take a back seat!!!
What a gorgeous princess you were on your big day!!!! The photos are gorgeous!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it!!!

Don't worry about it Joanne, I know what you mean about the boards taking a backseat. I've barely been on here since we got back, Christmas is on its way & I work in a supermarket so it's all go go go. Thank you for your kind comments :goodvibes x

Ok so it's been a while since I updated. Bad me! To be honest works getting busier (big thanks to christmas!) and also I've been feeling a little bummed out about being home. As you may have noticed I have a new ticker so yay for that! It didn't take us long to decide to go back next year.

Any way back to the TR.

We woke up saturday morning early as most people who know me will agree I don't do mornings! All 8 of us needed to be at Downtown Disney for 9ish for our welcome meeting with Virgin.

We all agreed to meet in Pops food court at 8. Most people arrived on time, peoples time keeping got a little bit annoying as time went on:headache: After we all made it to the food court a CM was walking round with a sign saying something along the lines of 'do the twist' naturally I tried to avoid him. My mum had other ideas and thrust me into his path. Now I'm not much of a dancer but I gave it my best shot! I had a bit of a wiggle and earned myself a cute little button which said 'I had a poppin' good time doing the twist'. My Dad and Sister snook into the dance right at the end and manage to get buttons - cheating I think? :rotfl: my Mum somehow got a button and she didn't even move. I had to work for mine :laughing:

Doing the twist - apparently. I think this was taken when I was getting bored. Also ignore the time on the pic, Mum forgot to change it.
IMG_00082.jpg

After all that excitement we had breakfast and headed off to DTD. This was pretty much uneventful really, the group seemed to divide into two. One lot charged on ahead and the rest (me being one of them) dawdled because we were too busy looking at things.

Eventually, when we were all together we were stood outside Disney Quest. James told my Mum that she could get her park tickets from guest relations at DQ. My Mum looked at him and said 'I haven't got tickets for Disney Quest, I've got tickets for Disney World' :headache: Eventually she understood.

James outside DQ
DSCF0245.jpg

We did the welcome meeting and had a laugh with the Virgin rep. We got tickets to enter WWoHP early and have a complimentary breakfast for the first Friday we were there. We had a bit of a wander round DTD, James made us bride and groom t's. Whilst he was paying for them Mum, Dad and Sister sat outside whilst I danced around the water jets. After all that it was off to the Magic Kingdom.

Here's me with the water jets, ignore the time again :goodvibes
IMG_00142.jpg

Dad, Sarah & Mum
DSCF0251.jpg

We got the bus from DTD to the Contemporary to the Magic Kingdom. We decided to walk it because a) it was so lovely warm and sunny and b) because it was a great way to enter with my parents for their first time. One small annoyance though. My Mums a big big big big big Derby County fan (Derby are our local football/soccer team) and She'd figured out that they we just about due to play, so rather then take in the atmosphere of walking into MK for the first time she was going online trying to find out the score. This ended badly for her because she wasted money finding out we'd lost 4-0 to our local rivals Leicester City :headache:

We entered MK and were immediately given 40th Anniversary buttons, I put it next to my Pop button and my celebrating button. I love collecting buttons:upsidedow The first thing wanted to do was the people mover so thats where we headed. The walk down Mainstreet was fun, I love walking down Mainstreet. James however got stressed because our herd of people kept stopping to look at things.

Me & James - not the best pic in the world.
DSCF0256.jpg

Eventually all 8 of us made it to the people mover. MIL, SIL, FIL & my Mum sat in one compartment and Me, James, Dad & Sister sat in the one behind. When we got into the compartment a CM asked my Dad where he was 40 years ago and his response was 'at work' :rolleyes::rotfl: Don't think that was entirely what the CM wanted to hear but there you go.

Dad taking in some sights
DSCF0261.jpg

After the People Mover we decided to do Buzz Lightyear. I have to say I didn't think my Dad would go on alot of rides at all because he isn't a theme park person but he proved me wrong and went on loads of things. He didnt do the rollercoasters but he was pretty much up for anything else. He really enjoyed Buzz, he said he really enjoyed shooting things.

After that it was MILs turn for excitement. We then all rode Carousel of Progress, she loves this ride. Whilst we were on it occasionally we looked over at her to see her miming along or singing along.

MIL & her fave ride
DSCF0262.jpg

Next up was Space Mountain, we all rode this except Dad, Mum and FIL. I always feel nervous before riding this and I don't know why because when I'm on it I enjoy it, I'm just weird like that I guess. Because it was getting to a point where people either wanted to eat or sit down we trecked over to Cosmic Rays. I had chicken nuggets and I confess.... I practically lived off chicken nuggets, they were good.

After everyone was fed and watered we decided to take the newbies on It's A Small World. If I can remember correctly my Mum, MIL, FIL and SIL sat on the front row whilst Me, James, my Dad and Sister sat behind them. We went through the ride and I sang along. Before it ended I looked over at my Dad and he looked so confused. He had one hand under his chin like he was thinking about something, like he was trying to figure out why he was there I suppose :rotfl:

and thats where I'm going to leave it for now because I'm tired and I'm off to bed. I have work early tomorrow :sad1:

Oh Ruth, you all looked like you had so much fun!!! And you got to be there on the 40th anniversary, which is just amazing! (I'll admit it--- I bought a 40th anniversary map and button off of ebay.)

And I love Pop Century and now you're making me miss it SO hardcore. Can't wait to read more!

Love all your pictures!!

Thank you :goodvibes x

Oh Ruth, you all looked like you had so much fun!!! And you got to be there on the 40th anniversary, which is just amazing! (I'll admit it--- I bought a 40th anniversary map and button off of ebay.)

And I love Pop Century and now you're making me miss it SO hardcore. Can't wait to read more!

It was nice to be there for that day, also when booking the DP I didn't realise it was the 40th anniversary so it was a nice suprise when I finally did realise. we had very good seats for the fireworks.

I know what you mean about missing POP, it was bugging me that much that we've booked again for next year. Only 9 months and 3 weeks to go aha! :goodvibes x

Ruth,

Just getting all caught up after 2 trips of our own.

Everything looks lovely. Loved your DPS photos. Who was your photographer, if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats!! I wish you all the best and happy life together.

Can't wait to see more!

OMG! You got married! I cant believe I havent been on here for so long... I come back and your a MRS!

Congratulations! Im so happy for you... the photos you have uploaded are amazing! Your dress is beautiful... really suits you!

Cant wait to see more photos!

Congratulation again on the beginning of your happily ever after!

Fay

xxx

http://www.collages.net/disneyweddings

Rochfort/Biglieri password 1971

I was thinking of you too! Tanis phoned out room just before we were due to leave and she passed your message on. I hope you had a wonderful day too :goodvibes I want to see piccies! xx

Don't worry about it Joanne, I know what you mean about the boards taking a backseat. I've barely been on here since we got back, Christmas is on its way & I work in a supermarket so it's all go go go. Thank you for your kind comments :goodvibes x

Hey girl hey!!!
I know I told you on facebook, but I LOVE your pics! I'm just catching up on your pj! You were a beautiful bride and it looks like you had an amazing day!!

Ruth,

Just getting all caught up after 2 trips of our own.

Everything looks lovely. Loved your DPS photos. Who was your photographer, if you don't mind me asking?

Congrats!! I wish you all the best and happy life together.

Can't wait to see more!

Thank you, our photographer for the wedding was Cassie and she was brilliant. I really liked her and our photographer for the MK shoot was Joe.

I've just caught up with your PJ and everythings coming on so well. It'll soon be here xx

OMG! You got married! I cant believe I havent been on here for so long... I come back and your a MRS!

Congratulations! Im so happy for you... the photos you have uploaded are amazing! Your dress is beautiful... really suits you!

Cant wait to see more photos!

Congratulation again on the beginning of your happily ever after!

Fay

xxx

Thank you Fay. I can't stop looking at the photos from the wedding, it doesn't quite seem real lol xx

Beautiful photos, I looked at them when you first put them up and you made one absoultely stunning bride. xx

Hey girl hey!!!
I know I told you on facebook, but I LOVE your pics! I'm just catching up on your pj! You were a beautiful bride and it looks like you had an amazing day!!

Hiya Kristi, thank you for your comments both on FB and on here. I can't believe it's been 3 months already.

Ur pics from ur trip report looks like u guys had a BLAST!! Ur so cute :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes

Your pics are lovely! I especially love the ones with pascal!

Thank you, I'm not overly keen on my MK pics. The Pascal pic was just there for a bit of fun and we own a chameleon called Pascal so it was like he was there..... sort of. lol Thank you for dropping over to my PJ btw x

Hello fellow brides, please forgive me for being a bad bride. I haven't been on the boards so much... seeing as my last bit of trip report was on the 8th of November. If I'm being honest I lost a little bit of Disney magic... I had the most amazing time and I'm not sure how I can top it ever again :rotfl: oh and I want to do it all over again, I look at other peoples PJ/TRs and I am wishing I could go through it all over again.

We booked to go again in Sept and now that it's THIS year I'm getting the Disney magic back. So I have now ended my Disboard absence.

Anyway there will be 2 updates today. First one is to conclude the first day at WDW with the dessert party and the 2nd one will be Epcot. Sorry about the size of the pics, photobucket is being a PITA. On with the show...

So far the day was going well, my parents were actually riding things and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves as they soaked up their surroundings. Next on our agenda was Haunted Mansion. I love HM, it's definately one of my WDW faves and we were eager to experience the new queue. We (I'm pretty sure everyone...) enjoyed the queue. We only went through it twice I think but yeah it was good.

DSCF0270-1.jpg

DSCF0274.jpg

My camera died pretty much after this.... After HM we did Hall of Presidents, which some of us were forced into. I was concerned time wise because I had this weird paranoia about missing my desserts. I also didn't want to miss Jungle Cruise which was after HoP. With not much time to spare we decided we could sqeeze in Pirates. Another ride which my Dad liked. :thumbsup2

We just managed to get off Pirates at about 7.55pm we had DP ressies at 8pm. Because it was girls only James, FIL and my dad went back to POP. We headed for dessert! I know it wouldn't have happened but I was terrified someone would eat all the desserts before I got there :rotfl: We got to Tomorrowland and I saw a whopping great queue :scared1: I was a little annoyed because we'd left it this long to queue.

During the wait a fellow Dis'er was infont of us. I saw her LGMH and we had a little chat...but we failed to swap screen names. :headache: Eventually they started to seat us, by time we got to the front a man sort of barged infront of us and started firing questions at a CM. To cut a long story short he was annoyed because it was reservation only, his annoyance annoyed me because he was the only thing stood inbetween me and them beautiful fab desserts. ;)

We got let in and was shown to our table. It was great because we were sat infront of the railings so we had a brilliant view of the castle. We grabbed some lemonade and let the desserting commence! James lent me his camera for the evening so here are some piccies!

My sister, Me and SIL
DSCF1065.jpg

My first plate of desserty goodness
DSCF1054.jpg

DSCF1052.jpg

DSCF1051.jpg

The castle :lovestruc
DSCF1062.jpg

DSCF1057.jpg

DSCF1071.jpg

I loved the DP and I would do it again without hesitation! I love dessert infact I live for dessert so it was perfect for me. :lovestruc

That concludes our first full (& tiring) day in WDW. Only 13 more to write about. xx

Right then.... Day 2. Obviously day one had to be the Magic Kingdom. Me and James decided that day two would be Epcot. I was looking forward to taking my Dad on Test Track.

We all met in Pop's food court at 9am - People even turned up early/on time!!

Through out the trip when ever we entered one of the parks be it a Disney park or a Universal park someone always had trouble getting through the barriers. It was usually FIL and at Epcot he did not disapoint.

After we had all got through we stopped to gawp at Spaceship Earth and to also take photos. I really wanted a family pic because we are never going to be in Epcot as a family ever again. My Mum on the other hand had other ideas, she doesn't like being in front of the camera so she took my camera for me and went to take a photo of me, Dad and Sarah.

Mum: It won't work!
Me: Just press the big button...
Mum: Nope! It will won't work. (I take the camera off her...)
Me: Mum, you're filming us. :headache::laughing:

No idea how she got it on to video. lol. Eventually after a little pursuasion she had her photo taken with us.

My Dad, Me, Mum & Sarah. If you can make it out my Dads wearing a Sam the Eagle t-shirt that we brought him from our Feb 2010 trip.
DSCF0283.jpg

After photos it was time to go on Spaceship Earth. This ride was a hit with everybody. Whenever we mention Spaceship Earth infront of FIL we end up teasing him. Apparently many years ago when they visited Epcot they went on Spaceship Earth and when they go past the view of Earth FIL had his hand to his chest and said 'It's get's you right there doesn't it'.

As we lined up to get on the ride the phrases 'It gets you right there' or 'it's so inspirational' would work their way into conversation.

If I can remember correctly the seating arrangement went like this, Me & James, Dad and Sarah, MIL and SIL, Mum and FIL (meeting of minds this pairing :rotfl:).

After SE me & James had a dinner reservation at Nine Dragons. As we headed in that direction we made a swift detour to Club Cool. It was Beverly time!

Suprisingly my Dad and Sarah seemed to like Beverley. Everyone else not so much. Sadly I don't have any good Beverley facephotos, so here's a smiley :sick:

Anyhoo, we left the rabble behind and headed over to Nine Dragons. We got there 5 minutes before our ressie and were asked to take a seat. We were sat close enough to the CM on the door that we could hear more or less everything he said. It had gone 10 minutes past our reservation time and a couple walked in. The CM asked if they had a reservation and they said no, to which the CM said OK and led them to a table. Pfft! We were hungry lol. Eventually we were seated. The food was good, we always enjoy Nine Dragons and the service was ok. The only thing that happened (and is would have to happen to me.....) was that a female CM came over to refill our coke and somehow managed to chuck coke on my leg/foot. It was cold because of the ice and I swear my foot went temporarily numb :rotfl: The CM gave a half hearted apolgy and wandered off leaving us to clear the coke.

After Nine Dragons we went to meet up with everyone else at Test Track. Before we got to TT we had a play around with my new camera...

DSCF0305.jpg

We continued our walk to TT and along the way bumped into a friend...
DSCF0307.jpg

Mary was lovely, she said she liked my dress and complimented my on finding James, she even likened him to Bert.

In the time it took us to eat, photograph and meet Mary, our group had been on Ellens Engery, Test Track and Mission Space. No one wanted to go on Test Track again so we headed off towards Mission Space because when the others went on it they did the green version and some wanted to do the orange version. We were a bit evil to FIL. Me, James and SIL convinced him that it went upside down.

Me and James sat in one compartment with 2 nice gentlemen whilst FIL, MIL and SIL sat in the one next to use. We could see them as the doors closed, FIL looked a bit green.

After MS we headed over to the Seas to do Nemo. Everyone enjoyed that ride, then it was time for Soarin. I sat Soarin out because I hate it and I had no plans to make an idiot out of myself as I panic on it. My Mum and Dad didn't go on either, apparently if it's something I wont like the chances are they wont like it either lol.

It was nice in a way because the three of us sat on a wall outside the entrance to the Land. we had time to chat about the up coming wedding.
Apparently on Soarin because Sarah had flat shoes on she left them off on the ride, when the ride lifted her up she left the shoes behind and when she came back down she was placed back into her shoes perfectly much to the amusement of everyone else.

Time was ticking on and it was nearly time to leave Epcot so the ones going to MNSSHP could get changed. We had time to fit in one more ride and me and James wanted to do Test Track, so thats more or less what we did. However on the way to TT a CM spotted my Mums Derby County tattoos and tried talking to her, turns out he is from Stoke which isn't far from us so they started trading football insults we had to drag my Mum away, thinking about it we could have left her with him as she didn't want to go on TT. In the end she was the designated Bag Lady!

We came off TT found my Mum and got our bags back. Me, James, Sarah & Verity (SIL) headed off back to our hotel rooms to get ready for MNSSHP.

It didn't take long to get ready, especially for James. Presenting to you..

The Corpse Bride (Sarah), Snow White (Me) and Red Riding Hood (Verity)
DSCF0329.jpg

Not forgetting Tony Stark (James)
DSCF0352.jpg

My only regret with MNSSHP is that we didn't get there early enough, lesson learnt.

As soon as we got there we headed over towards Spash Mountain and along the way we met a furry friend. I had my piccy taken with him. We then joined the long queue to meet the 7 dwarves which was hilarious!

DSCF0337.jpg

As soon as we walked up Dopey grabbed me and pushed me onot the stool. As the photos were being taken all I could hear was a kissing noise. When I turned round Bashful was trying to Kiss Sarah and kept pulling her away from us. It was so funny, no one could stop laughing - it's coming to the cinemas near you "Bashful & the Corpse Bride"

DSCF0342.jpg

It was dark by time we'd done that so we went on Big Thunder Mountain. When we got off the ride we walked past a CM.

CM: Ah Snow White!
Me: Hi!
CM: Oh and Red Riding Hood!
CM: and who are you?
Sarah: The Corpse Bride.
CM: Oh...

He didn't seem overly thrilled to see the Corpse Bride and it was funny how his enthusiasm changed.

Next we headed over to Haunted Mansion, which looked fab under the coloured lighting. As we queued my costume did not go unnoticed by Madame Carlotta who was sat near the haunted coach. She was already talking to another Snow White and when she saw me she started shrieking about how I'd stole the other girls costume and that there were alot of Snow Whites

DSCF0347.jpg

After HM we went to Cosmic Rays, we sat outside and had a pretty good view of Hallowishes. We followed that with Space Mountain. Also though out the night we hit nearly every candy person possible. We were getting pretty tired by this point so we decided to go back to POP.

...or well we were! As we walked home I spied Jack Sparrow. We'd seen him earlier but James wouldn't let me Queue up for him. Well... actually I just told a little lie. Jack wasn't there but the queue was. I made everyone wait for him, I was getting my Jack.

When he arrived he was great. I walked up to him and he spied the tattoo on my chest.

Jack: Ah! I see Norringtons branded you too!
Me: Ha ha he has yes.
Jack: Has he had you in his *chains* yet?

and the conversation went from there :rotfl:

DSCF0360.jpg

Here are some pics from MNSSHP.

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0333-1.jpg

Can't remember when we did this but we stood infront of the carriage
DSCF0353.jpg

DSCF0354.jpg

DSCF0358.jpg

Candy Candy Candy!
DSCF0361.jpg

DSCF0363.jpg

And I leave you with a nice pic of the Castle :lovestruc
DSCF0334.jpg

Up Next: Animal Kingdom with a message from the Mouse himself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter