• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rusty's, Fishlips, or Grills for seafood the night before?

We ate at Seafood Atlantic right near the port and while it's very casual, the seafood was all really fresh and really really good.

My Wife and I as well as our friends have different opinions. I vote for fish lips because I like there menu better!! My friend is Grills all the way because of the Lionfish and their side or potatoes (forgot what they call them). My Wife says Grills served the BEST FISH TACOS SHE'S EVER EATEN!!!!! But she thinks Fishlips has the better and more diverse menu. End of the story we have eaten at both a couple of times and we both highly enjoy our meal. We now rotate whenever we go.

Never tried Rustys but if it gets good reviews here we might!!

I was actually coming on here to tell you about the Florida Seafood Bar and Grill, but looks like someone mentioned it to you 7 years ago. This is one of our favorite places for the seafood. Service itself can be hit or miss.

Thanks again everybody. We have always gone to Fishlips but I was thinking we should try a new place. (So, when I did a search, I came up with my old thread! Ha ha!)

We have done Grills- fun place to eat and start your cruise. We are from New England-used to good seafood and we are foodies-so while it is not the best seafood we have had, it is a fun vibe, gets you in the mood for a great vacation. Wish I was having your decision as to where to eat before my cruise! Have a wonderful trip!

We have eaten at Fishlips twice now, because when we look at the menu, it seems like their food choices are more in line with what we like. The first time, we ate upstairs and had a very early dinner and watched two cruise ships sail out around 4:00 or 4:30 - so much fun, and really built the anticipation for our cruise the next day. The second time, just last April, we had other plans during the afternoon, so didn't eat until about 6:30ish, but still chose Fishlips. We ate inside on the lower level this time, and saw dolphins playing right outside the windows. Food was great both times. One of the BEST memories of this past trip was drinking a key lime martini that the bartender concocted. Seriously one of the most fantastic drinks I've ever had in my life. I need to try to re-create it, for sure! I may send them a recipe request, just in case one exists!

Grills has the best fish of the three IMO - the day boats from the fishing guides unload the catch right at the back dock of Grills, so your snapper, tripletail, and others are super fresh. They do have lionfish, which is pretty good, and not typically served at most Florida seafood places. The live music on weekends is also a very good touch, but it is usually very crowded on Friday and Saturday nights. Fish Lips has great seafood too, so if you have been there, then you already know that. I feel that Rusty's is a step below, but still have always had a good experience there. The restaurant at the former Ron Jon is also very good, as PP stated.

OP here. Well, we'll be there tomorrow! I am thinking of trying Grills since we always go to Fishlips. Thanks, everybody.

Great thread! So a Friday in mid July... would we have to book one of these places for 11 people? :) or do they not reserve tables... does anyone know?

WOW! I didn't realize it was so close to the other 3. This makes the decision harder!

We wound up there because Fishlips and Grills were packed to the... ahem... gills. It was nice and quiet with fantastic food.

OP here, reporting back. And, this is just our opinion.

We tried Grills for something new because we always have gone to Fishlips. We got the same thing we always get at Fishlips - crab legs. Grills offers 2 sides and Fishlips offers 1 side. For us, we like Fishlips better. Grills crab legs were totally overcooked and even though they offered 2 sides instead of 1, the sides we got weren't very good. And, Grills is slightly more expensive. Next time we will probably go back to Fishlips or try another place that was mentioned.

But, we had a great time watching the dolphins right outside the window. It was amazing! There were so many! We even got to watch the Dream sail by (we sailed on the Fantasy the next day).

We've done all three and to our mind they are pretty much interchangeable. I'd just go with whichever you can get that has a table on the water.

When I'm at the coast, my first choice is Fishlips, then Grills. When in Titusville, Dixie Crossroads is my family's favorite. Never tried Seafood Atlantic so I'll have to check it out next time I'm out there.

We were at both fish lips and grills a few weeks ago and Grills remains our favorite by far. The fish at grills is so good. Fishlips had a lot of bones in my grouper and was just ok.

Dixie crossroads is good but my hubby swears it just isn't what it used to be years ago. It's also a 30 minute drive from the cape.

Which of these restaurants should we eat at for some good seafood the night before the cruise?

Rusty's - http://www.rustysseafood.com/

Fishlips - http://www.fishlipswaterfront.com/

Grills - http://www.grillsseafood.com/
We live 20 mins from the Port and have tried Fishlips and I didn't like it. Have had Grills in Viera and not to my taste either. We have eaten at http://millikensreef.com/
and it was ok. I'm from the Gulf Coast and found the seafood in this area to be lacking.
I have not tried Rusty's yet.

since all of you know the area so well, can I hijack and ask a related question? We are staying at the holiday inn resort (former Ron jon's). Can we walk to these places or would we have to grab a taxi? Looked on google maps but it isn't clear if it's s good call to walk or not. Thanks!

since all of you know the area so well, can I hijack and ask a related question? We are staying at the holiday inn resort (former Ron jon's). Can we walk to these places or would we have to grab a taxi? Looked on google maps but it isn't clear if it's s good call to walk or not. Thanks!

It's about a mile and a half walk, and there are sidewalks the whole way. I wouldn't do it (not much to see) but it can be done. Do a Google Map search for the route and then use Street View to see if the walk would bother you or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter