• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rusell and Dug from Up in DCA starting June 25th.

Oh my, we looove Phineus & Ferb...I had no idea. My daughter will be thrilled. :goodvibes

These changes have improved this area a bunch.

Now you become a Wilderness Explorer from "UP" Ka-Kaw Ka-Kaw
They give you a map with six tasks. Each time you finish one you scratch off to indicate that you have completed that task. After a short show with Russell, you get to meet and take a photo with him and receive your Senior Wilderness Explorer Badge sticker. (Or you can get one when you exit.)
018b.jpg

There were twice as many kids having fun now. They had their maps and something to explore. Dug the Dog was there also for a meet and greet. The show area only holds about 60, but is very well done. The kids were really into it and the Wilderness Guide does a teriffic job.

If you have small kids do not miss this.
They will want to earn a Senior Wilderness Badge.
RedwoodCreek001a.jpg

I expect you to climb the rope bridges next time! ;)

Oh, I'd climb rope bridges alright! I just didn't know if I was allowed. ;)

Were adults getting their pictures taken with Russel and Dug? Is it a normal line like for all characters? I just love UP! Russel is such a cute little boy. :goodvibes

Oh, I'd climb rope bridges alright! I just didn't know if I was allowed. ;)

Were adults getting their pictures taken with Russel and Dug? Is it a normal line like for all characters? I just love UP! Russel is such a cute little boy. :goodvibes

Dug is a normal Meet & Greet.
008a.jpg

Russell is only at the AHNIAHNEE Camp Circle show at: 11:00, 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:30, and 4:30. Even Kevin Pops up during the show. After the show Russell stands at the exit. Dug had persons of all ages pose with him, but the Adults tended to not pose with Russell? Russell was mobbed by the very excited kids.

Is there some kind of technology that allows these characters to speak? I'd love to hear Dug, best minor character ever!

Is there some kind of technology that allows these characters to speak? I'd love to hear Dug, best minor character ever!

NO....
For the show they have Russell's voice over the speakers, but the character's mouth doesn't move.

Great Idea... If they had the talking collar on Dug, I would fall on the ground laughing.:rotfl2: (Kinda like PUSH)

Thanks for the awesome pics and info 1951, my little bro and sis are going to be extremely pumped for this. :banana:

I excitied about this. My DH's name is Russell so we like this movie that much more. And we especially love Dug 'squirrel'. We saw them in WDW but would love a new picture with them outside when we go in August.

I don't understand why they can't have Dug's talking collar working so he can interact with guests the way the high tech talking Mickey/ PUSH do, it is like no brainer! and doesn't cost much neither!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter