• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Running with GoPro HD Camera

ludari

DIS Veteran
I've done some internet research and found very little video footage from people running in the actual race. I understand that most runners would prefer not to carry any additional weight or even wear a helmet with a camera attached to it. My plan is to run with my GoPro HD Camera this weekend at the Bay to Breakers 12K. I have a chest strap where the camera mounts and if the footage is decent and I can tolerate it for 7 miles I plan on running additional races with this rig. What do you people think?

I've done some internet research and found very little video footage from people running in the actual race. I understand that most runners would prefer not to carry any additional weight or even wear a helmet with a camera attached to it. My plan is to run with my GoPro HD Camera this weekend at the Bay to Breakers 12K. I have a chest strap where the camera mounts and if the footage is decent and I can tolerate it for 7 miles I plan on running additional races with this rig. What do you people think?

The chesty is awesome. I'm not a big fan of wearing it but it doesn't seem to bother my DH at all. We have even strapped it on the kids, it's funny to see things from their POV.

I bet the video turns out great!!

-nat

The chesty is awesome. I'm not a big fan of wearing it but it doesn't seem to bother my DH at all. We have even strapped it on the kids, it's funny to see things from their POV.

I bet the video turns out great!!

-nat

Thanks Nat. The chesty doesn't bother me either so I am hoping that everything goes smooth and I would be able to do the same thing for one of the Disney Half Marathons.

Will look for review, example, & report so I can see if this is something I might like to do myself. I was just discussing this as a possibility yesterday with someone, so I can document the events I run for my family and self.

:thumbsup2

I have the chest strap would prefer to wear it there than on my head whilst running

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter