• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Running Trails at Disney World

fordchevyguy

FordChevyGuy
Does anyone happen to know if any of the running trails connect on property? My son is currently training for a triathlon (since princess got cancelled), and would like to run one long trail rather than completing the same loop over and over. We are staying at Old Key West, and are not as familiar with the area since we always stay at Boardwalk.

Does anyone happen to know if any of the running trails connect on property? My son is currently training for a triathlon (since princess got cancelled), and would like to run one long trail rather than completing the same loop over and over. We are staying at Old Key West, and are not as familiar with the area since we always stay at Boardwalk.
There is a trail that connects Old Key West to Saratoga Springs. This allows you to do two big loops around two big resorts.

Long continuous trails aren't easy to find on property. The one mentioned above is probably the longest I can think of. You can make the Crescent Lake loop a little longer if you add a few out and backs to the Boardwalk but if you really want longer distances you'll need to head off property. I really like running Celebration and you can make that a very long run. There are also some county trails that are nice. The West Orange Trail is on my list for my next trip down.

Long continuous trails aren't easy to find on property. The one mentioned above is probably the longest I can think of. You can make the Crescent Lake loop a little longer if you add a few out and backs to the Boardwalk but if you really want longer distances you'll need to head off property. I really like running Celebration and you can make that a very long run. There are also some county trails that are nice. The West Orange Trail is on my list for my next trip down.

I second the West Orange Trail. I used it in 2019 when I came down to run Gasparilla and also do another 13 miler in prep for Boston. But of course, you need a car to get up there. I parked in Winter Garden, which was really nice in that afterwards I went to the farmer's market and had a great coffee.

Hey guys - we are headed to WDW in late-April staying at AoA. We stayed at Pop 8 years ago, and I have ran around Hourglass Lake, but I'm running more miles now and am interested in running to other parts of the WDW property in the morning if it's feasible.

Are there more trails we could hook up to from this area, or is there a longer run route from here that any of you could recommend? We would be interested in running 5-6 miles at a time. I know that CBR is an option, but didn't know if they have a path that runs around the resort or not... we could do an Hourglass/CBR combo perhaps...

Hey guys - we are headed to WDW in late-April staying at AoA. We stayed at Pop 8 years ago, and I have ran around Hourglass Lake, but I'm running more miles now and am interested in running to other parts of the WDW property in the morning if it's feasible.

Are there more trails we could hook up to from this area, or is there a longer run route from here that any of you could recommend? We would be interested in running 5-6 miles at a time. I know that CBR is an option, but didn't know if they have a path that runs around the resort or not... we could do an Hourglass/CBR combo perhaps...
Hi a-mad. Any luck connecting Hourglass Lake to CBR?

We'll be at Riviera next week and I'm trying to string together a longer loop. I've looped around CBR in the past and that worked out really well (sorry I didn't see your post before your trip!) But I need to get more distance in to stay on track for the Marathon in January. Looking at the satellite map, it looks like they can connect, but that North end of Hourglass looks like it might be just a backstage/service area.

We'll be at Riviera next week and I'm trying to string together a longer loop. I've looped around CBR in the past and that worked out really well (sorry I didn't see your post before your trip!) But I need to get more distance in to stay on track for the Marathon in January. Looking at the satellite map, it looks like they can connect, but that North end of Hourglass looks like it might be just a backstage/service area.

Unfortunately... no. We were successful one day in leaving AoA/POP property and headed down the road to CBR to add in some miles, but we had to enter the property via the guard station, and he asked if we were CBR guests. My BIL said "yes!" quickly like he was bugged by the question... and we just kept running, and the guard didn't challenge us again. But because of that, we didn't attempt it again, and we just ended up doing several loops around Hourglass lake.

I love staying on-property... but I wish they had some way to connect the resorts via running trails somehow. They do make it difficult to try and walk/run anywhere but where you're staying, outside of taking the risk of running on the highways.

I should add - you may have better luck running from CBR to AoA/POP. I don't think we were questioned when we came back into AoA/POP from CBR when we ran "off-campus" that day.

Many years ago, I ran from pop to CBR without issue. You can see the map and my commentary here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...-of-enlightenment-pg-14.3595467/post-58692087

I’ve run All Stars and then to Coronado to get in a long run. I did run roads between resorts, but it was all sidewalks, and I did have to cross at traffic lights. It was a few years back, so I don’t know if that’s still an option.

IMO, the best places to run at WDW are the PO resorts and CBR - both are big enough to get in a pretty long run without having to make small loops.

Thanks for the info. I was planning on at least trying to connect to AoA/POP from CBR, just to see, but holy cow the humidity! I managed to get 2 miles in looping thru CBR, but then had to give up and finish with 20 minutes on the treadmill. I made it to 4 miles total, but it was pretty miserable. I'll call that a rest/recovery week and hope for a decent mileage jump this weekend.

Is there still the trail from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness or is it closed due to construction?

Is there still the trail from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness or is it closed due to construction?
Unless it has reopened recently, and I don’t think it has, it’s been closed for at least 2+ years due to construction on the hotel that has now been scrapped (temporarily or permanently?) between WL and FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter