Running The Half, Dis Meets, Deluxe Dining,& SSR! BACK. Had a great time!

Lynn5700

<font color=darkorchid>WOO HOO I will be there<br>
Lynn & Tim's January 2-11 PTR!!!​

:dance3: Welcome everybody!!! Tim and I are yet again heading back to the world!:dance3:

For those of you just joining in on our adventures let me introduce the cast.

Me! Lynn or Lynnie, what ever you want to call me is fine with me
012-2.jpg

I'm currently training for the Half Marathon in Disney, on January 9th! I have always been a runner, but this year I wanted to get more into it. I started doing some races. I have done 3 5Ks so far this year. In the fall I will be doing a 10K, and the Philadelphia Half Marathon! My goal for the Half in Disney is to finish in 2 hours. Under 2 hours would be even better. I know I can do it. Each month I feel my body getting stronger, and I'm running quicker. It's amazing.

I also just started school, which I'm very proud of. It is something I have always wanted to do. I'm going for Elementary Education. Just started yesterday, and I love it! I just have one class in the summer, and in the fall I will be full time with four classes. I work nights in a hair salon, so it works out great with my schedule.

My fall semester ends Dec 21st, and Spring starts Jan 15th. What a great way to end the fall semester, and the New Year with a trip to Disney!

This is my hubby Tim, you will see I call him Timmy a lot. I have to post this picture because this is Tim. Always has some type of face in every picture lol.
IMG_3287.jpg

Those of you who don't know, Tim is known as the pin guy LOL. He is obsessed. I will have him post his pin collection later, along with mine. It's a fun hobby.

Tim went to Disney for the first time with me back in 2003. He loved it there so much. Ever since, we have been going every year. We love it, and we have a blast every time we go. Because we have been so many times, we love to stop, and smell the roses in Disney. There is actually some things we still have not seen in Disney. We will never get sick of going.

Here is a recent picture of the two of us together.
IMG_3108-2.jpg

We were married in Disney at the Boardwalk Resort on May 7th, 2008! We started dating when we were 16 on May 7th, 2000. Feels like just yesterday we started dating. Time goes by so fast.

We're new DVC members as well. We joined last August. Our home resort is AKV. We love it. What a way to save money. I think DVC is very affordable. It's a great way to stay deluxe, and go twice a year.

Ok so on with the plans so far!

WHEN: January 2-11!

I'm very excited because The Osbourne Lights, the Christmas parade in AK, and the Characters dressed in their Christmas costumes at Camp Minnie Mickey will be going on until Jan 3!! So YAY we will get to see some of the holiday festivities. Can't wait.
DisneyChristmas173.jpg

WHERE: We will be staying at Saratoga Springs.
DSC01549.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

We loved it there when we stayed last October. I requested that we be in Congress Park. That is my favorite section. We love being so close to DTD. I'm looking forward to getting my runs in, early in the mornings at the resort.

FOOD: We will be on Deluxe Dining for the first time. Looking forward to it. We are going to be eating at a bunch of 2 TS meals for dinner so it will be worth it. Plus I just love that the food is already paid for, and I hate when you run out of points on the basic because you had dinner at a 2 TS meal.

We have annual passes, and our stay is paid for, so we will only be paying for our flights and food. So it's ok to splurge on the deluxe.

I will post where we will be eating in my next post.

FLIGHT: We will be flying with South West. Have to wait to book our flight because our dates are not available yet. We will take an early flight there, and a late flight back home.

PLANS: Not to much planned right now other than the race. I will be meeting with a bunch of my friends from the DIS. We don't have a set plan yet, but there will be a big meet, and some mini meets as well. There is a new Segway tour that we want to do at Epcot. Not sure about all the details, but I think it is 3 tours in one. Have to look into it. The plans will be more set when I can make my ADRs, and see park hours.

Well that is all I can think of for right now. Next post I will be talking about the restaurants we plan on eating at.

So not only am I excited for this PTR---but I'm more excited that I just noticed we share an anniversary. My DH and I started dating on May 7, 2000 also!! Weird. Granted we got married in October 2005 AND I'm sure there are people all over who started dating that same day---but how weird that I "know" one of them! :rotfl:

Looks like you guys have a great trip planned, can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

Ann

popcorn:: Can't wait to read all about your next trip!! You do a great job tell us everything!! popcorn::

Hi!! Thanks I plan on it :)

Hi! Welcome aboard!

So not only am I excited for this PTR---but I'm more excited that I just noticed we share an anniversary. My DH and I started dating on May 7, 2000 also!! Weird. Granted we got married in October 2005 AND I'm sure there are people all over who started dating that same day---but how weird that I "know" one of them! :rotfl:

Looks like you guys have a great trip planned, can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

Ann

Hey Ann!!! How are you? OMG that is too cute lol!! Aww yay glad we share anniversary. Too cool.

looking forward to your report

Hi! Thank you, so am I lol!

I'm in. So glad you are enjoying school. I am going back myself in the fall as well. However I will have to work something out with my teachers about being gone for almost two weeks in September/October. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Woohoo! I'm so excited you've started your PTR! Can't wait to read more. :goodvibes

Hey!! Thanks and Welcome!

I'm in. So glad you are enjoying school. I am going back myself in the fall as well. However I will have to work something out with my teachers about being gone for almost two weeks in September/October. Can't wait to hear more about your trip!

Hi Tori!!!!!! YAY for going back to school! What are you going for? You should be able to work something out with them. Just talk with them ahead of time.

I'm in!!

I love your reports!

(and wow....this PTR getting subscribed to at supersonic speed) :thumbsup2

I'm in!

I'm running the half as well! Unlike you I have NEVER been a runner and starting was like death! :rotfl2: Now I can run around 5 miles without thinking! This is probably one of the best things I have done. I can't wait to get better! :rotfl:

My fiance is running it with me--is Tim running with you?? We are running a
5k July 18th and a 10k in October.

I can't wait to read your report!

If they offer homeschool days during that time we'll definitely be there and we have to meet up! By then I should be a "skinny" person so I could do the run as well and make it to the end. :rotfl2:Deluxe dining rocks if ya can eat it all! Have ya'll been to all the dinner shows? If not that is the time to try those out too! I'm here with ya girly!

I am excited to be in on this report from the beginning for a change. :yay:

I was considering running the Princess half in March but I don't think it is going to happen. Maybe reading about your preparations will inspire me to reconsider. :)

I am so on the fence with DVC, I think I just need to give it some time.

Can't wait to hear all about your plans.

Hi Lynn, followed you over from your May report. :)

Deluxe Dining sounds wonderful especially if you are going to eat at 2 credit restaurants. I can't wait to hear more of your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter