• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Running route from AKL?

disneyma2

Mouseketeer
Hello Everyone,
We'll be at AKL on NOv 30- Dec7th, concierge, and I'm looking for a running route for a 5-6mile run. Any one have any ideas?
Thanks
Gretch :cool1:

The only place to run at the AKL is in the parking lot. If you try to run on the road, the Mickey Police will pick you up, no kidding, they did so with my DH.

Anne

Oh No..you are kidding! Great, I was thinking I could just head out of the resort and start my run....what to do now? I don't like running on a treadmill!

Thanks for your help
Gretch

Three choices, run in the lot, run on a treadmill, or drive to another resort to train.

Anne

Best outdoor bet for AKL is to go over to BWV. The path there is fun to run. You can add an addition 1.5 miles to the defined loop by running all the way down to MGM.

Also, as long as you run just after dawn, i have never had a problem with Security. I was stopped once and they "explained" how unsafe my actions were, but I was less than a quarter mile from my resort entrance. I think that it helped that i had a reflective vest on while running.

Charles

My BIL ran a trail that was at WL it went thru the Campground. And I think you can run around Bay Lake or is that Seven Seas Lagoon I get those confused :confused3

Kae

Ducklite is correct. Your choices are the parking lot--NOT fun for 5-6 miles, the dreadmill, or drive to another resort. My DW and I run frequently while at WDW; in fact, we're going to be in the middle of marathon training for our October trip. Our favorite runs are the Epcot resorts (BW/YC/BC area including the path to MGM), WL/FW trails (nice on the legs as some of it is on packed dirt), and SSR through Downtown Disney early in the morning.
I have a 12 miler to knock out on our last full day in October, and I'm debating between the Epcot resorts and SSR.

You can also check out this site for trail maps and reports for the various resorts:
http://www.disneyrunning.com/

Hope this helps!

Steve

We usually run/train at BC/YC/BW regardless of where we are staying at Disney.

Go to another resort and run. We won't be returning to AKL with DS because he can't do his daily runs (he's a long distance runner) without going to another resort. Really not safe to run on their roads with all the buses and the tourists who don't know where they are going ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter