Running My Way To Disney.... Princess in Training ~ Oct Trip Plans ~

I'm back from a week off. Take your time building up, doing too much too soon is detrimental to your progress. Sounds like you are doing well though. These RunDisney events sound like fun, I may take up running myself just to participate. I was at a guys desk at work the other week and saw he had the medals for the 5k, half, and full marathons. Not sure If I could get to that.

I'm back from a week off. Take your time building up, doing too much too soon is detrimental to your progress. Sounds like you are doing well though. These RunDisney events sound like fun, I may take up running myself just to participate. I was at a guys desk at work the other week and saw he had the medals for the 5k, half, and full marathons. Not sure If I could get to that.

Thanks Mike!

You could totally do it!!! I am so excited to be in a Disney Half Marathon! I don't know if I would do it if it wasn't Disney

So I walked 7.5k tonight. I took another 4 min off y 5k time and I did the whole 7.5 in a pace of 16.59 minutes per mile.
For the Princess I have to do it in 16 minute mile so I think I am on target to be able to do it by February!!!

I will stick with 5k during the week and 7.5k next weekend then the following weekend I will bump it up to 10k!

Almost had Tracy talked into coming with us on the trip but looks like that's not going to happen :sad1:

So I walked 7.5k tonight. I took another 4 min off y 5k time and I did the whole 7.5 in a pace of 16.59 minutes per mile.
For the Princess I have to do it in 16 minute mile so I think I am on target to be able to do it by February!!!

I will stick with 5k during the week and 7.5k next weekend then the following weekend I will bump it up to 10k!

:cheer2: Sounds great!! :cheer2:

Almost had Tracy talked into coming with us on the trip but looks like that's not going to happen :sad1:

Spreadsheets were used, calculations were flying, quotes were gotten.... I just couldn't make the fuzzy Disney math work. :teacher:

:sad:

:cheer2: Sounds great!! :cheer2:

Spreadsheets were used, calculations were flying, quotes were gotten.... I just couldn't make the fuzzy Disney math work. :teacher:

:sad:

See you have great Cheerleading skills.... you should come cheer me on!

Fuuzy Disney math didn't work this time but still could :rolleyes1

I'm joining in! I'm running both the 1/2 in January and the Princess. January will be my first half. I started running this last year and we did Everest Challenge in May. It was so much fun and I was hooked! Have you been fitted for good shoes? If not, you may want to go to a running store and have them fit you for shoes. I was having shin pains as well and it fixed the problem by just getting the right shoes. I need to start a running PTR for this next year since we are doing several runDisney races. Good luck with your training! Have you picked out your hotel, yet? The ADR window is right around the corner. :goodvibes

I'm joining in! I'm running both the 1/2 in January and the Princess. January will be my first half. I started running this last year and we did Everest Challenge in May. It was so much fun and I was hooked! Have you been fitted for good shoes? If not, you may want to go to a running store and have them fit you for shoes. I was having shin pains as well and it fixed the problem by just getting the right shoes. I need to start a running PTR for this next year since we are doing several runDisney races. Good luck with your training! Have you picked out your hotel, yet? The ADR window is right around the corner. :goodvibes

Hey welcome!!!

I have not been fitted for shoes yet but I will be doing that as soon as I get back from Disney in Oct!

My shin pain has gotten better so I'm happy

Several Run Disney races.. wow I am just focused on one. Maybe in a few years I could do all the Run Disney races.... think they have a medal for that?

Not sure on hotel yet, but probably value. I am so excited to make ADR's ... man I gotta call Dot and go over what we want

Hey everyone!!!

The girls came for my 5k walk on Thursday night and on our way home we found a plastic bag on the side of the road with 2 little kittens in it :worried:

We took the kittens home and I called animal services since they were only like 3-4 weeks old. We decided to keep one of them but when animals services came the next day they convinced my mom that it wouldn't live if we did so she let them take it :mad:

I came home from work and went on Kijiji to find a kitten for the kids and we got this cute one

305273_10152049533935131_1307457654_n.jpg

We named her Boo

I also went to Dot's house last night so we could figure out our hotel and food choices for the trip since I have to make dining ressies this week

So we decided not to waste money on our hotel and we will be staying at All Star Movies

As for dining we decided on a few places we wouldn't necessarily go with the kids (well not mine anyway)

We will have dinner one night at Coral Reef. Dot loves fish (to eat and as pets) so she will love the aquariums there. Does anyone know if you can request to sit beside the aquariums?

We will also have dinner at Teppan Edo. I'm not sure if my kids will like it here and Dot has always wanted to eat at a place like this but hasn't so I think this one will be fun

And last but not least our celebration dinner on the night of the race will be Narcosse's

I am really looking forward to this meal! I think it will be a relaxing place as I will probably be pretty tired and yet it will be a really good dinner too!

I have to do some research on this dinner!

For our breakfasts we will grab quick stuff at the food court and for lunches it will be QS in whatever park we are in

Glad I got the trip planned finally!!!!

Love the dining plans!!!

You can ask when you check in at coral reef to sit near the tanks.

Love the dining plans!!!

Thanks Jen I am so excited to try a few nice restaurants kid free for this trip and I know Dot is really excited about Coral Reef :cool1:

I am soooo excited this morning! I went for my 7.5k walk and took 6 minutes off my time which puts me at 15.39 minute mile and UNDER pace for the Princess Half Marathon!!!!!!

We'll be doing this too. :thumbsup2 I don't mind waiting for something to become available tank side!

Natalie, I can never remember what we've chatted about here or on BBM :rotfl: but it goes without saying that Boo is ADORABLE and your dining choices sound yummy. The boys and I loved Teppan Edo and we're doing Coral Reef again this trip. I hope you can stay awake for your race night dinner ;)

Oh, and :cheer2: for your time!!

We'll be doing this too. :thumbsup2 I don't mind waiting for something to become available tank side!

Natalie, I can never remember what we've chatted about here or on BBM :rotfl: but it goes without saying that Boo is ADORABLE and your dining choices sound yummy. The boys and I loved Teppan Edo and we're doing Coral Reef again this trip. I hope you can stay awake for your race night dinner ;)

Oh, and :cheer2: for your time!!
Thanks I think she's adorable too!!!

I plan to have a nap before my race night dinner and then watch wishes, perfect way to end the day!

I was so excited when I was done and looked at my time this morning!!!

Awww Boo is soooo cute! :lovestruc I'm such a sucker for kittens...

Yay for the progress with your training :woohoo: I assume you are still injury free?

And your dining plan sounds good too. I think Coral Reef looks awesome and would definitely hang out for a tank-side table ::yes::

Thanks!

Awww Boo is soooo cute! :lovestruc I'm such a sucker for kittens...

Yay for the progress with your training :woohoo: I assume you are still injury free?

And your dining plan sounds good too. I think Coral Reef looks awesome and would definitely hang out for a tank-side table ::yes::

I am a sucker for kittens too

I am injury free and loving my long walks, I crank the music and I'm sure people think I'm crazy as I am singing along

I love our dining choices!!!!

Hi Natalie! Just want to say again how proud I feel that you are doing this! Good for you! You have guts girl! Following a training program like that is not easy... Kudos to you!! I'm feeling a bit inspired by you right now. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter