• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Running late for reservation?

CWarkenthien

Earning My Ears
I understand that when booking they tell you to leave an hour or so for travel, but does anyone know how long of a grace period you have for reservations??

I'm attending a tasting with the F&W festival, and am afraid it will run late. Otherwise I only have 5 minutes to get from the F&W Welcome center and Le Cellier.

I don't want to lose my table! It's the first time in YEARS that I've even been able to get a spot.

I understand that when booking they tell you to leave an hour or so for travel, but does anyone know how long of a grace period you have for reservations??

I'm attending a tasting with the F&W festival, and am afraid it will run late. Otherwise I only have 5 minutes to get from the F&W Welcome center and Le Cellier.

I don't want to lose my table! It's the first time in YEARS that I've even been able to get a spot.

You are supposed to arrive at your reservations 15 minutes early.

Normally, they will hold your reservation for 15 minutes past your time. However, there have been reports of various restaurants giving no grace period. Will that happen to you? Most likely not (it does seem to be rare), but it is a chance you must be willing to take.

we had reservations at the Yachtsman, but were delayed by 30 minutes because we happened to get on a bus where the driver was training, and it took FOREVER. We literally left POR at 3, and got to the Yachtsman at 5:30 by the time all was said and done. Our reservation was for 5:00. We called to let them know we were running late, and they told us they would hold the table for 15 minutes. Well, we were 30 minutes late, and they seated us with no problem at all. It really depends on the restaurant. Due to popularity, I would imagine Le Celier being more strict than the Yachtsman. I would really try to make it on time, or as close to as possible, and call if you're running late. Good luck!

You are supposed to arrive at your reservations 15 minutes early.

I think they are actually telling you to show up 20 minutes before your ADR now.

If your tasting runs late, you may be in trouble. I can't imagine they would hold your table for very long there, as popular as it is.

We ran late for our CRT reservation, so I called and let them know and they told us it was no problem, and they would hold our table as long as needed. I think we were 20 mins late, and they let us right in. :)

I'm worried a bit about our Ohana breakfast reservation, because we are supposed to drop the kids off at the GF at 9 for the Pirate Adventure, and our ADR is at 9:30. I might send my dad on ahead, so he can let them know what the deal is, but IME Disney is really accommodating.

Can you get a later ADR? I would guess not, or else you would have already. ;) I guess you can try, but be OK with them not holding it for you, as well.

We were 20 minutes late for Boma one evening and we were turned away. :sick: I do believe they try to accommodate guests but if they are busy and don't see a way to now squeeze you in, they probably aren't going to.

We were 15 minutes late for our Boma breakfast ADR last year and we were seated with no problem. However, it was around 11 a.m. and there were very few people left anyway. :thumbsup2

I was 25 minutes last for my Coral Reef reservation and they said they could no longer accommodate me. As you can see, others were just fine arriving late. I guess it really depends. Good luck.

For the people who were not accommodated, did you call to let them know you were going to be late?

We almost missed a Kona Cafe breakfast when our taxi didn't show up for us. In fact, the CM at check in told us that the only reason they hadn't yet bumped us was because the monorail was having issues, so they were giving people more leeway time for making their ADRs that morning.

I was 45 minutes late for Teppan Edo and 20 minutes late for 1900 Park Fare and they sat us at both places with no problems!

Is there a list of phone numbers somewhere for the Disney restaurants? Or is it like the hotel numbers where there are individual numbers that all funnel into the central call system?

Thanks guys for the information.

I actually work in reservations at a restaurant in NYC so I totally understand if they don't hold the table...I'll just have to keep looking and cross my fingers that something opens up between now and then.

Who do you call if you're running late? Can they take away your other ADRs if you miss one? I'm concerned about our dinner ADR on the day we get in. Our flight is supposed to arrive at 3:35pm and our reservation is at 6:45. What if the plane is late and we can't make it? If we miss it and can't call, are our other ADRs for the rest of the trip ok? Thanks for the help!

Who do you call if you're running late? Can they take away your other ADRs if you miss one? I'm concerned about our dinner ADR on the day we get in. Our flight is supposed to arrive at 3:35pm and our reservation is at 6:45. What if the plane is late and we can't make it? If we miss it and can't call, are our other ADRs for the rest of the trip ok? Thanks for the help!

Your other ADRs are fine even if you miss another one ones. In my experience the 3 hours you have from landing to ADR will be just enough time. If your plane is late though, you won't make it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter