Running buddy pouch?

luvfiggy

Earning My Ears
Been looking at getting the running buddy pouch for use in the parks so I don't have to carry a bag. Does anyone know if that is still considered a bag that you would need to go through bag check line with?

yes still considered a bag.
Anything that is not attached to your clothing (for example pant/jacket pockets) is a bag

yes still considered a bag.
Anything that is not attached to your clothing (for example pant/jacket pockets) is a bag
Thanks so much! Going in August for the first time since our honeymoon without kids! Looking to avoid the bag check so pockets it will be.

Thanks so much! Going in August for the first time since our honeymoon without kids! Looking to avoid the bag check so pockets it will be.

Something I noticed last week is if you get selected for the metal detector you have to empty your pockets, but if you're carrying your bag all you have to do is hand over your bag and walk through. And there were a lot of people being selected for the detector (I was 3/6 for the week. :D ). Ultimately we just decided to plan for the parks like we normally do and let the chips fall where they may.

Something I noticed last week is if you get selected for the metal detector you have to empty your pockets, but if you're carrying your bag all you have to do is hand over your bag and walk through. And there were a lot of people being selected for the detector (I was 3/6 for the week. :D ). Ultimately we just decided to plan for the parks like we normally do and let the chips fall where they may.
Thanks, good to know! DH does not want to carry anything so he plans on wearing cargo shorts to carry his phone. Looks like we will take our chances with being selected. Don't plan on bringing anything but my phone, lip balm and hand sanitizer in to the parks.

We use a buddy pouch at Cedar Point to ride intense coasters where you cannot carry anything on and we don't have to worry about anything falling out of pockets. It is great for that. We never use at Disney. It isn't super comfortable (gets hot and sweaty easy). It really doesn't hold much and it is not a big deal to do bag check to us. Also you can carry bags on all rides there.

I used a running belt -- worn just like a belt, has a zippered pouch for my phone -- and found it very convenient, and not at all uncomfortable. I detest carrying any kind of bag along all day, but want my phone with me (for MDE and pictures). As for bag check, I don't know -- we usually get to the park slightly after opening and the lines weren't long at either, when we were there (September) so it didn't matter.

Maybe I did it wrong, but I just got back using one everyday, and I never went through the bag line. I did get pulled aside for the metal detector 2 times in 10 days, and I would take it off and put it in the bowl, along with my Fitbit. We usually entered the parks twice a day. I never tuck in my shirts, so the Running Buddy was never visible - I saw no reason to go through the the bag line....:rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter