runDisney host resorts

bookworm75

I'd rather be in my happy place.
I signed up for my first runDisney race in WDW, the Wine & Dine Half Marathon in November. :cool1: We booked AKV by renting points from our regular contact. I found out this week that AK is not a "host" resort, which means there is no race transportation. My DH and I are flying in for the long weekend, no kids, so we didn't want to rent a car. Our DVC contact has checked and there is no availability at the host resorts. We can still get a room at the host resort if we book directly through runDisney, but of course it's more $. Adding a rental car to AKV is even more though, so now I can't decide what to do. Other important details: the race starts at 10pm, with the finish line party going til 4 am at Epcot. There is no regular Disney transporation available at that time.

AKV, no rental car, no race transportation = $380
Compact car w/AAA discount through Hertz = $410
CBR or POR with race transportation = $460

It seems like a no-brainer, but we are DVC spoiled and appreciate the relationship with our DVC contact. We have already paid for the AKV reservation in full as well. Do we switch?

What would you do?

I'd get a taxi. a taxi from Epcot to AKV would be about $20 including the tip I'd think.

A taxi! Why didn't I think of that? THANK YOU. Sincerely, thank you.

We usually drive our own car to FL, so I've never had to even think about taking a taxi while down there. This is one of those, "well, duh!" moments. :blush:

Nevermind- I see you had already tried what I thought of. Taxi does seem to be the best option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter