runDisney anyone?

DisneyMama84

Earning My Ears
Who has participated in a runDisney event? I waiting to register for my first one and it will be the Wine & Dine at WDW this November. I'm excited and nervous but looking for helpful tips!

Me! You should venture over the Wish board in the events and competition section. Lots of info there.

Good luck!

I've done several. The most recent being Princess. Register the day it opens. They've been selling out quickly.

Don't expect to PR. The course is tight and lots of run/walkers. At Princess I added 40 minutes to my PR and I didn't stop for many photos, etc. It was just that crowded. There were at least 3 MILES that I couldn't have effectively run if I wanted to.

My fastest mile was at 13:39 which is 3 mins per miles less than my normal pace.

Complete a fast 10k for proof of time so you can start in the earliest corral possible. This gives you more time for photos and overall time on the course. The 16 per minute pace requirement doesn't start until the last person crosses the start line. At Princess, that gave corral A at least 35 extra minutes on the course.

Did Princess, which was my first RunDisney event. They don't sell out as quick as the PP implies, but don't expect to be able to wait until a month or two before.

It is also not a good race for a PR, however, I highly recommend you enter your time with RunDisney (and submit proof as applicable) to avoid being placed in a higher corral than you should be (I was in C for Princess, but that was because I was a male and that was the best you could be placed in). I finished my 13.1 in about 1 minute slower than my PR; but that is in part to the crowds and hurting my foot; otherwise, I was doing just about 10 seconds off my normal pace at about the 1/2 way point before I hurt my foot.

Just did the princess! It was a ton of fun! Just wish it hadn't been sooooo humid! :sick:

Did Princess, which was my first RunDisney event. They don't sell out as quick as the PP implies, but don't expect to be able to wait until a month or two before.

It is also not a good race for a PR, however, I highly recommend you enter your time with RunDisney (and submit proof as applicable) to avoid being placed in a higher corral than you should be (I was in C for Princess, but that was because I was a male and that was the best you could be placed in). I finished my 13.1 in about 1 minute slower than my PR; but that is in part to the crowds and hurting my foot; otherwise, I was doing just about 10 seconds off my normal pace at about the 1/2 way point before I hurt my foot.

Disneyland Half sold out in 26 hours. Tinkerbelle in less than a month.

Wine and Dine has a bigger field but they allowed pre-registration at Princess.

Disneyland runs are less than 20,000 participants and the market for Disneyland is vastly different than Disney World (just as the parks attraction is) attracting many more locals (local runs get more participants than traveling runs). Although Disney World has a lot of visitors, the vast majority travel, especially for the runs.

Disney's Princess took a few months to sell out (~27,000 runners), Tower of Terror has been on sale for about month now and is no where near sold out. Disney World Full Marathon also took awhile to sell out. There is almost zero expectation that Wine & Dine will sell out anywhere near as quick as the Disneyland runs.

Disneyland runs are less than 20,000 participants and the market for Disneyland is vastly different than Disney World (just as the parks attraction is) attracting many more locals (local runs get more participants than traveling runs). Although Disney World has a lot of visitors, the vast majority travel, especially for the runs.

Disney's Princess took a few months to sell out (~27,000 runners), Tower of Terror has been on sale for about month now and is no where near sold out. Disney World Full Marathon also took awhile to sell out. There is almost zero expectation that Wine & Dine will sell out anywhere near as quick as the Disneyland runs.

Dumbo Double Dare sold out in what...2 to 2 1/2 hours? It was scary fast. So looking forward to this one.

We do almost all of the RunDisney races. Love each and every one of them. Only one we haven't done is Expedition Everest.

Come on over to the Events/Competitions part of the DIS. Lots of great information and support there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter