Run Now! It’s Wine 0’Clock in WDW…Cupcakes Gone W&D16

I suppose we can let your life get in the way lol. Glad to see you have an update.

You are a brave soul to be drinking unlimited mimosas a day before the half. I know i lack self control!

Are those mimosas I see?!?!?

MAYBE

I suppose we can let your life get in the way lol. Glad to see you have an update.

thanks Ryan...the last 4 months have been pretty tough on the emotional side of things...but I am slowly digging myself out of that mess. Been trying to catch up on your latest.

You are a brave soul to be drinking unlimited mimosas a day before the half. I know i lack self control!

Melissa...who said unlimited? LOL...you know me too well! It is mostly orange juice right? I have the rest of the day to hydrate by the pool...

I am so excited about the Parisian breakfast! Not so much about being sweaty, but I'll take a wipe bath for your benefit beforehand! LOL!

I am a little nervous about the mimosas, because who doesn't like a mimosa? But seriously, self control is not my strong suite. But like Tammie said, I have the rest of the day to hydrate away! And I'll be eating tons of carbs so they'll soak it all up, right?

I had the pleasure of skimming over this thread yesterday before work and can't wait to sit down today and read more. I do multiple RunDisney trips a year, and most of them are paid for with the money I earn on some of the same sites you mentioned. I had to smile after I read that and can't wait to read more today.

Thrifty First Thursday of the Month
Update on July & August Earnings/Savings

Thrifty Thursday.jpg

Time to count up the Disney pennies…remember I am trying all the unique ways I can to earn my spending money without taking anything out of my household budget.

Goal of $1400
PURCHASED MVMCP Ticket $91
PURCHASED 6 Day Park Ticket $378
7 Day Expenses (Spending/Meals) $900

I purchased my park tickets a few weeks ago using my “Disney Pennies” apps! I am going to really have to kick it into high gear to get to my goal in less than 2 months. I figure I have to have everything cashed out and wrapped up by midOctober. I have been just going through the motions with Swagbucks, reaching that daily goal and not much more. We won’t even discuss my slacking with Shopkicks and Perktv lately. NOT GOOD!

My July earnings were at $109.87
My August earnings were at $149.36

Swagbucks
November $25
December $75
January $100
February $25
March $75
April $75
May $75
June $50

July $50
August $75

Amount Earned for Trip: $625

Walmart Savings Catcher
Earned $3.24 in July & $9.59 in August by just scanning my receipt each time, better than I had expected!
Amount Earned for Trip: $71.98

Shopkicks
November to January $25
January to April $25
April to June $25

June to August $25
Amount Earned for Trip: $100

PERKtv
May $25
June $50

July $50
August $25
Amount Earned for Trip: $150

IBotta
I earned $8 during the 2 months from Ibotta.
Amount Earned for Trip: $77.50

Check Out 51
I managed to earn 50 cents…not a lot of good rebates out there. Not looking like an app that is really worth my time…but every little penny helps.
Amount Earned for Trip: $5.75

Children’s Exchange Consignment Clothing
Need to cash out and clean out some more drawers.
Amount Earned for Trip: $104.00

Pact
Still counting those calories in MyFitnessPal, getting my steps in with Fitbit each day and logging those fruits/veggies. I earned $6.13 & $6.77.

Amount Earned for Trip: $58.48

Total Amount Earned for Trip: $1192.71
($207.29 from goal of $1400)

I am so excited about the Parisian breakfast! Not so much about being sweaty, but I'll take a wipe bath for your benefit beforehand! LOL!
I am a little nervous about the mimosas, because who doesn't like a mimosa? But seriously, self control is not my strong suite. But like Tammie said, I have the rest of the day to hydrate away! And I'll be eating tons of carbs so they'll soak it all up, right?

Thanks for reminding me to add Wipes to my packing list. I have little self control too, but I figure I will drink that case of water on Saturday in order to hyrdrate/flush...and you are right lots of lovely buttery carbs will help.

I had the pleasure of skimming over this thread yesterday before work and can't wait to sit down today and read more. I do multiple RunDisney trips a year, and most of them are paid for with the money I earn on some of the same sites you mentioned. I had to smile after I read that and can't wait to read more today.

Welcome to the craziness!!! I have both loved and hated the apps...but my trip is basically paid for except race fees and hotels using this...SW & DD college tution helped in the flight costs...and my pay cash and save change paid for the hotel. I love that DH can't say anything about this costing us! Please feel free to share your tips and hints or other apps you might be using. We can all learn!

Maybe we will actually sleep a little.

Would that not be a grand idea...heck who needs sleep when we have Disney and Moscato!

Tammie, you are killing it! I wish I was as disciplined as you with the aps. I have definitely been slacking at Swagbucks as late. My daily goal is down to 50! LOL! And I'm at WalMart 5 days a week and totally slack at Shopkick! I need to get back in it.

Thanks for reminding me to add Wipes to my packing list. I have little self control too, but I figure I will drink that case of water on Saturday in order to hyrdrate/flush...and you are right lots of lovely buttery carbs will help.

Mmmmmm...buttery carbs! Yes, I have a spreadsheet packing list. I made a section for my gear check bag since I don't normally take one, but will for this race. Figure I'll need the reminder when I'm packing up not to leave them at home!

I'm sorry to hear that life has gotten in the way (although I totally get it). I hope things are starting to get a little easier!

Mimosas after the 10K ... that sounds like an awesome celebratory breakfast!

You're making awesome progress on your saving!

It’s 5 O’clock Friday
Sneak Peek of Shirts/Costumes…Inspired by Starbucks

ONLY 8 MORE FRIDAYS!

Excuse me if I don’t focus on cocktails this week, but instead I want to give you a sneak peak on our 5K “costumes” and a shirt that I totally plan to wear around the parks one day…all inspired by favorite seasonal drinks at Starbucks but with a Disney twist.

So bartender, err I mean barista
Pour me somethin' tall an' strong;
Make it a Pumpkin Spice Latte and a Peppermint Mocha…I will provide the spirit, if you know what I mean

It's only half-past twelve but I don't care.
It's five o'clock somewhere…
And there is so little time!

I know fall does not start officially until September 21st but I am so ready for cooler afternoon temperatures so that maybe I can get my short runs in during the week...which I have been totally slacking on lately. Along with fall comes on of my favorite flavors…pumpkin spice ANYTHING. Now if you have followed my PTR/TR you know I am not a huge fan of coffee, but I am starting to like a little bit of coffee flavor (another example of taste buds changing) so I am looking forward to sampling the Pumpkin Spice latte in October (I just don’t see September yet as pumpkin spice). A few weeks ago I came across a t-shirt that I just had to get for our trip from Glitter Ever After!

14040045_395606803943021_1118160788651674526_n.jpg

Plus I have promised myself that if I get off 6 more pounds to reach my next goal (25 pounds lost) I can get Peacock Maple SparkleSkirt! I have a couple of seasonal races that this outfit will double for!

Peacock_SwingStyle_Pocket_large.jpg

Debra, Buffy and I found the perfect run “costume” idea for Jingle 5K on Friday, again inspired by yet another drink. So get a sneak peak at…

th1KR5RMAF.jpg

Peppermint mocha! Just as soon as December hits pumpkin is replaced by chocolate peppermint for me! I can’t wait to show you the full 5K outfit…the pieces are coming together but not finished yet!

Next week we will get back to sharing our eats and drink selections from F&W!

Not a big pumpkin spice fan but ooooooh give me some peppermint mocha! What an awesome idea!

Tammie, you are killing it! I wish I was as disciplined as you with the aps. I have definitely been slacking at Swagbucks as late. My daily goal is down to 50! LOL! And I'm at WalMart 5 days a week and totally slack at Shopkick! I need to get back in it.

Mmmmmm...buttery carbs! Yes, I have a spreadsheet packing list. I made a section for my gear check bag since I don't normally take one, but will for this race. Figure I'll need the reminder when I'm packing up not to leave them at home!

Blame my swagbucks and perk on my Restless leg Syndrome...I tend to have my first goal most days by 3:00 am! YIKES. I have been really slacking lately on shopkicks...need to get out there this weekend. I am about 2/3 of way to another $25 thanks to a computer purchase at Best Buy Last month.

I have my spreadsheet going...heck I even have a suitcase started. LOL

I'm sorry to hear that life has gotten in the way (although I totally get it). I hope things are starting to get a little easier!

Mimosas after the 10K ... that sounds like an awesome celebratory breakfast!

You're making awesome progress on your saving!

HI SARAH! I am hoping things get easier too...at least I have one issue somewhat in the past. Crossing my fingers for next check up. I feel like I am falling apart...and I have not hit 50 yet! YIKES

Not a big pumpkin spice fan but ooooooh give me some peppermint mocha! What an awesome idea!

Well...I did not like coffee either and it is starting to grow on me...now will I ever get to where I drink a full cup...probably NOT but I do like just a hint of the flavor which is a huge improvement. LOL...I still have pumpkin spice English muffins in the freezer from my hoarding last season. Sadly, I need to throw them out not just because they are now probably past freezer burn stage but because I am trying really hard to eliminate gluten from my diet...although all bets are off during our trip! I tend to suffer the stomach pains for all those wonderful food selections...I will never be able to give up bread pudding 100%!

I can't wait to share our full 5K outfit...not really a costume but it is going to be so much fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter