Run Now! It’s Wine 0’Clock in WDW…Cupcakes Gone W&D16

VCUUBZy.jpg

Sake Martini
Karen "Coy" Sake, Licor 43, and Cruzan Mango Rum with a splash of Orange and Pineapple Juices

If you haven't noticed from my photos - I drink a lot at Disney ;)

I have to say ... nothing from the California Grill drink menu really jumps out at me. I'd probably make a same-day decision depending on what sounds good to me on that given day.
That or I'd just have wine. I'm always up for wine.

Thrifty First Thursday of the Month
January Savings

Thrifty Thursday.jpg

Time to count up the Disney pennies…remember I am trying all the unique ways I can to pay my spending money without taking anything out of my household budget.

Airfare is already paid for without spending anything, thanks to putting DD college tuition on my SW Rapid Rewards card and paying it off the next day. After PHM15 I started saving for BC reservation and I am proud to say that is already paid for without dipping into the household budget through my once a week tutoring job.

So what is left to pay for?
Park Ticket ($400)....Purchase as soon as I have enough gift cards before increase
Race Registration ($300)...Due in March (use tutor savings account)
Spending Money ($250)
1 Night at Value Resort ($100)
Food & Drinks ($600)
Car Service to Airport ($50)
Projected Cost is $1700

Swagbucks
November $25
December $75
January $100
Amount Earned for Trip: $200

This was my best month ever, thanks to Christmas vacation. I know things will settle down and I will be in the $25-$50 range from now on until summer…which is okay with me. I am trying to prep myself that I will probably not earn much of anything in March because I will be gone on a work trip and a spring break trip for almost half of the month.

Walmart Savings Catcher
Amount Earned for Trip: $36.22

I just love this app, all I have to do is scan my receipt. No more running around town for the best deal on an item.

Shopkicks
November-January $25
Amount Earned for Trip: $25

It takes a LONG time to cash out for Shopkicks, in fact it took me nearly 3 months to earn $25. I hope to earn $25 every few months. I am now getting to know the stores and where the sensors are so that I can basically not even walk further in than the door to collect the kicks. It is such a picky app when it comes to the server/router/wifi connection that they use…I have to turn it on and off too many times that I am really working hard to earn a few pennies for Disney.

IBotta
January-$12.75
Amount Earned for Trip: $12.75

After watching Debra have good luck with Ibotta and earning, I finally put the app into action. I am not sure if this app is actually saving me money or costing me money. I found myself putting a lot of things in my cart this weekend that I would not normally buy…but my boys were happy to see some of them.

Children’s Exchange Consignment Clothing
Amount Earned for Trip: $104.00

I did some cleaning over Christmas break and finally dropped off a load of clothes and checked my balance!

Change Bucket
Always adding will cash out in October (if needed, if not roll over until next trip)
Amount Earned for Trip: $0

I should take a picture of my jar. I am trying to get back in the habit of only spending cash on purchases and then any change goes in my bucket.

Tutoring Savings Account
Balance-$150
January-$100
Amount Earned for Trip: $100

I tutor a student for an hour each week in math (4 sessions a month/$25 each cash). This money has always just gone into my mad money savings account (at a bank far away that is difficult for me to get too. It has been my rainy day/vacation fund in the past so I am throwing it into the mix. I did use the balance I had saved since PHM to pay for our BC resort reservation deposit, so I am starting over with January.

Pact
January (1 week PACT)-$2.31
Amount Earned for Trip: $2.31

This is a new app for me thanks to Kafi. You get paid for working out (using Fitbit) and logging your food (MyFitness Pal)…which I am already trying to do more faithfully, so why not get paid to do what I am already doing. The incentive, $5 a day charge if I don’t log in my food or get my steps completed. We don’t need Disney Pennies leaving, only coming in!

Total Amount Earned for Trip: $530.28

Last edited:
Nice savings so far!

I won't think about how I'm paying for this until after Hawaii.

Ok caught up some! I have to say, Tammie, your year of halves has gotten me so motivated! My best running friend did this a few years ago. At the time I thought she was crazy, but now I am thinking if it is something I can accomplish this year. As you know, this is a rebuilding year for me, but I am coming back! My speed is getting closer and closer to my pre-cancer speed. I have been doing CrossFit which is awesome for my strength, and spin class is helping my endurance as well.

This year for W&D, my DH will be running with me. I am working on convincing my best friend's husband to run the race as well. My BF really wants to do the 5k and I will run it with her (she is new to running) and so we are working our magic on her husband. We have March 8th marked on our calendars, which is when we will be in Disney for DH's 40th! I am so excited for this race!!! We are booked at AK-Kidani at the moment since we could do that at the 11 mth window. At the 7mth window I will try to move us to BWV, BCV, or GFV.

I am totally up for Dopey 2018, I will be 40 and my birthday usually falls around that time! I am so excited for this group!!!

Oh, also, great job on the Disney $$ Tammie! I love being able to get $ for "free." I am very successful with SB, but Ibotta doesn't have my usual shopping places on it so I don't get much there. Shopkick has been back on my radar, especially since I was able to register my CC so when I shop at Trader Joe's and BJs warehouse for our groceries, I can get kicks! I have PerkTV as well, but that takes FOREVER to get $. I am just trying to get to the $10 mark so I can stop using it.

Ok caught up some! I have to say, Tammie, your year of halves has gotten me so motivated! My best running friend did this a few years ago. At the time I thought she was crazy, but now I am thinking if it is something I can accomplish this year. As you know, this is a rebuilding year for me, but I am coming back! My speed is getting closer and closer to my pre-cancer speed. I have been doing CrossFit which is awesome for my strength, and spin class is helping my endurance as well.

This year for W&D, my DH will be running with me. I am working on convincing my best friend's husband to run the race as well. My BF really wants to do the 5k and I will run it with her (she is new to running) and so we are working our magic on her husband. We have March 8th marked on our calendars, which is when we will be in Disney for DH's 40th! I am so excited for this race!!! We are booked at AK-Kidani at the moment since we could do that at the 11 mth window. At the 7mth window I will try to move us to BWV, BCV, or GFV.

I am totally up for Dopey 2018, I will be 40 and my birthday usually falls around that time! I am so excited for this group!!!

Oh, also, great job on the Disney $$ Tammie! I love being able to get $ for "free." I am very successful with SB, but Ibotta doesn't have my usual shopping places on it so I don't get much there. Shopkick has been back on my radar, especially since I was able to register my CC so when I shop at Trader Joe's and BJs warehouse for our groceries, I can get kicks! I have PerkTV as well, but that takes FOREVER to get $. I am just trying to get to the $10 mark so I can stop using it.

Jennifer, you have been an inspiration to all of us cupcakes with your amazing attitude & kicking cancers behind!! I am super happy you are up for Dopey 2018! I hope to be able to meet you in Nov.

Yikes, I have missed a lot!! well its probably because now we have recruited Debra into these marathon Workweek Hustles! So each night I am literally crawling into bed( insert the :crutches:smilie). I love you ladies but there is just no stopping y'all. Ok, Im totally liking how the twisted Mai Tai is described on the menu.
Melissa, your descriptions from here and your trip reports of Boathouse is making it so appealing! Maybe now the kids are older DH and I can do a date night one trip. Thank you for keeping this report going. It is almost 30 days away before its time to fight for a race entryo_O

Jennifer, you have been an inspiration to all of us cupcakes with your amazing attitude & kicking cancers behind!! I am super happy you are up for Dopey 2018! I hope to be able to meet you in Nov.

Thank you so much, Debra. I blush when people say I am an inspiration, I just don't see myself like that, but at the same time I want to be very open about my cancer because I want people to take control of their health. If I wasn't proactive and if I didn't have a proactive doctor, I just shudder at what would have been. Also, when I began treatments, my dad (also a colon cancer survivor) said that the most important thing is to not let the treatments control your life, to keep living your life as best you can. So while I couldn't run as much as I did before treatments, I did my best to stay active and say "Take that Cancer! You will not control me!"

I am just so excited to be back to the running community! I cheered DH during his marathon this fall. I had several friends running it as well and while it was awesome to be on the supporting side of things, I was totally envious of them. I have been so itching to run Princess. I bought a wine glass last year and each time I drink out of it, I think of what a great race and weekend that was! I met a woman on the bus from Ohio. We ran the half together and are FB friends. I am planning to run the Flying Pigs with her in 2017. We cannot wait! I love that Disney and Running has brought so many awesome people into my life!

Whet Your Appetite Wednesday:
If I Ever Have Time…

Trying to find ways to pass the next 259 days, so Wednesday is going to be officially called “Whet Your Appetite Wednesday” because Cupcakes like eating and most of this trip will be focused around Food & Wine (and yes running Wine & Dine). Since the menus for F&W are not available for 2016 until the midSpring, I figured we could pass the time away with some of our favorite dining experiences and/or foods from around WDW!

This week we are finding ourselves at the last Deluxe Resort or at least near it…the Wilderness Lodge. I keep hearing about something that I would love to try (someday), Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Review.

1hd.jpg

I know it sounds a little silly and off the wall when you think about the things I like to do in Disney, but the fact is I love to be zany (sometimes) and this reminds me of trips to Branson and the dinner shows I have seen there.

1hd1.jpg

I have to admit that for the inner foodie waiting to burst out in November the food really is not all that appealing to me.

1hd11.jpg

Anyone been there that can share their thoughts, reviews or experiences?

What’s something off your Disney Food Bucket List that someday you might want to make time for?

My husband and I did this on our first night on our honeymoon a little over 15 years ago. In fact, my husband was asked to come up and be part of the show. As far as shows go, we enjoyed it, but I am with you on the food, especially because we are vegetarian. If I had my choice between the Spirit of Aloha or the Hoop Dee Doo Review, I would choose the Spirit of Aloha. The food is better and I think the entertainment if better.

Victoria and Albert's is on my Disney Food Bucket list and Club 33 in DL is on my west coast food bucket list.

Oh please those halves are nothing really to brag about in the grand scheme of things that you have faced this past year. I have no doubt that you will be better in no time at all! In fact, I am pretty certain you can already out run/interval me. I am so happy that you are healing and rebuilding.

Yay for your DH joining along in the crazy RunDisney thing...and your friend. I hope you can switch over and this time join us for a few laughs...instead of watching us from afar!

Your 40th...my 50th...oh are we going to celebrate with doing something crazy. Although I will be doing it a lot longer than you...might be on that course until you turn 50 if Debra gets her way and I become a "DOPE"

Thank you for introducing me to the world of Swagbucks...every little helps. Ibotta is okay and shopkick has its moments. I am terrified of linking my card to either one of them...had my identity stolen once and it was not fun, plus it seems like my debit card is constantly hacked...so much that I am basically not using it (which is a good thing) and trying to pay cash.

Yikes, I have missed a lot!! well its probably because now we have recruited Debra into these marathon Workweek Hustles! So each night I am literally crawling into bed( insert the :crutches:smilie). I love you ladies but there is just no stopping y'all. Ok, Im totally liking how the twisted Mai Tai is described on the menu.
Melissa, your descriptions from here and your trip reports of Boathouse is making it so appealing! Maybe now the kids are older DH and I can do a date night one trip. Thank you for keeping this report going. It is almost 30 days away before its time to fight for a race entryo_O

I repeat...I am not the one that did 32K on Monday, when she said she was only doing 22-23K per day. I love our challenges and daily spars with steps.

Thank you so much, Debra. I blush when people say I am an inspiration, I just don't see myself like that, but at the same time I want to be very open about my cancer because I want people to take control of their health. If I wasn't proactive and if I didn't have a proactive doctor, I just shudder at what would have been. Also, when I began treatments, my dad (also a colon cancer survivor) said that the most important thing is to not let the treatments control your life, to keep living your life as best you can. So while I couldn't run as much as I did before treatments, I did my best to stay active and say "Take that Cancer! You will not control me!"

What awesome advice! We are all thankful that it has come out with a happy ending!

I am just so excited to be back to the running community! I cheered DH during his marathon this fall. I had several friends running it as well and while it was awesome to be on the supporting side of things, I was totally envious of them. I have been so itching to run Princess. I bought a wine glass last year and each time I drink out of it, I think of what a great race and weekend that was! I met a woman on the bus from Ohio. We ran the half together and are FB friends. I am planning to run the Flying Pigs with her in 2017. We cannot wait! I love that Disney and Running has brought so many awesome people into my life!

Yay for finding a running friend!

My husband and I did this on our first night on our honeymoon a little over 15 years ago. In fact, my husband was asked to come up and be part of the show. As far as shows go, we enjoyed it, but I am with you on the food, especially because we are vegetarian. If I had my choice between the Spirit of Aloha or the Hoop Dee Doo Review, I would choose the Spirit of Aloha. The food is better and I think the entertainment if better.

Victoria and Albert's is on my Disney Food Bucket list and Club 33 in DL is on my west coast food bucket list.

YAY I know someone that has actually been there and does not think I am totally crazy! I want to do V&A but I will never get my husband to do that...and it would be so awesome do to Club 33...Melissa did last month and I am super jealous.

I haven't done Hoop-dee-doo in many years. I remember it being ok food wise but not something I truly enjoyed. I would go to it if it was a group thing or bringing people with very limited palettes to Disney.

I got my major Disney bucket list item done this past Disneyland trip with my dinner at Club 33.

I think I've done most people's bucket list items for Disney - Chef's Table at V&A, Wine Dinners, Omasake at California Grill, etc (Resident Disney Foodie here!)

I think I want to eventually try the new California Grill Brunch if its still going on in November for the post Wine & Dine morning, depending on what else is going on for Food & Wine Festival.

I have never done HDDR but really want to. We have been on the dining plan the last few trips so that means its worth two credits which is why we haven't done it yet.

I simply have a very limited experience with Disney Dining and one of the things I want to accomplish on my first solo trip is to expand my dining horizons. I admit, I have a limited palette.

I've never done Hoop Dee Do but I'd love to try it (although it's low on my list because with our special diet, we don't get unlimited food, we get one meal, so it's kind of a huge waste of money).

Since we only started doing ADRs last year, there are about a million different places I would love to try (even though I get the exact same food everywhere I go ... I want to see what all these places look like and experience them!)

Stop the Parade…

e362c5902f6ccb01cfc59a82534a5419.jpg

Time for 2 Major Trip Announcements...:jumping1::dancer:

NUMBER 1: We decided on our Thursday night resort stay (or rather Debra did). At first we thought we would go with POP, but Debra wanted to treat us to a little upgrade now Thursday night will be spent at

maxresdefault.jpg VFPV%20Mardi%20Gras%20Parade%20figureblog.jpg

POFQ! I am super excited as I have only stayed at POR and that was before renovations and it really was a disappointing room and resort stay. POFQ has the next moderate on my list to stay at!

NUMBER 2: Then today Southwest finally released a flight schedule into November, granted it is only departure dates but still we get a chance to plan arrival! However, my excitement turned to sure disgust…they joys of regional airports and a limited number of flights to deal work with…let’s just say my options with SW are pitiful with my work schedule. I was hoping for a late afternoon flight so I could work all day, not happening. So then I looked at early afternoon and just work half day (I can get the boss to agree to 4 ½ days, right). Well that flight ended up being 10 hours long, can you say not happening. No way do I want to be in airports all day. So the only other option was extra early am and getting into Orlando late morning, which means 5 days off of work (yep, that is going to be fun to explain and work out with the boss). I checked other airports that are near but I would have to drive to and then drive back…nada, nothing that really worked any better. I could fly American, but then I would have to pay for the flight instead of use my points. Are you still following along? I looked at prices, because I NEVER BOOK the first day released…I book 6-8 weeks out for best prices. Well 6-8 weeks currently is more expensive then in November. I know there will not be deals out of my airport, sigh. So I did the crazy thing and booked the morning flight…which matches up perfectly with Buffy and Debra…we will all arrive within 45 minutes of each other. Can you say party on the ME? NOW TO GET KAFI TO ESCAPE FROM HERE FAMILY A LITTLE EARLY!

imagesE1Y4999J.jpg

And of course a beignet and All that Jazz upon arrival…hey no judging it will be Happy Hour (okay self-proclaimed but still afternoon) when we step off the ME!

October-1st-and-2nd-198.jpg MuddyRivers_PortOrleansRiverside_AllThatJazz-004-491x600.jpg

In case you’re wondering the All that Jazz is a drink is layered with the green Gata-Melon Juice (Midori Melon Liqueur, pineapple juice, and Monin Banana blended with Piña Colada mix), on top, the orange Front Porch Freeze (blend of Cruzan Mango Rum, pineapple juice, and orange juice along with mango puree) in the middle, and the purple-red NoLa Cola (Cruzan Mango Rum and pineapple juice are blended with Monin Desert Pear and raspberry purée) on the bottom. The colors come together in a very fun and fitting Mardi Gras effect.

Woohoo POFQ and flights! I stayed at POFQ when I was like 3-4 so I don't remember it much. We are usually the same and don't book flights right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter