Rumours found on Facebook!

MJGirl

DIS Veteran
Don't know if this has been posted or not, but I found the following on Facebook in a group known as "A Secret group of Disney's magical theme park Cast Members & Guests." I for one hope it is all true!!! Sounds like there is a lot of new things coming in the future!

Subject: rumors rumors rumors......PLEASE READ, MAJOR!!

OK, so I have found something that is really cool and it all sounds very true. Hope you enjoy!!

Lots of New Rumors...Time to get excited!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am posting this only to see the response to some of the plans we got.... so I'll get right to it

Disney Hollywood Studios

1) Yes American Idol is coming, although the format of the show may be different then what has been published to include a broader range of people.

2) Additions to Pixar Place are as follow, and in order: Toy Story Mania,

Ratatouille Restaraunt- Buffet style restaurant with oversized set pieces to give you the impression of being small.

Monsters Inc ride- will not be like disneylands, will be more more highly themed, it will almost be a new twist on the omnimover system, it can go really fast, and it can go really slow, it has the ability to pick up speed and drop, so excpect some very new technology to be used on this ride.

Nightmare before christmas Dark Ride - like your traditional dark ride, only it will be in a boat like pirates or small world, big drop may be included.

New Muppets themed ride is in the works, but it's construction will be pending on the ratings for the new muppet show debuting this fall.

Magic Kingdom

Revamp of Fantasyland facades to resemble more european architecture (tent facades will be changed to resemble disneyland's fantasyland)

Fantasyland will also be getting 2 new high capacity dark rides based on Pinocchio (more detailed and longer than disneyland's) and The Little Mermaid (more or less like disneyland's with the exception of the way the building looks)

"Mickey's chase" (name might change) new ride to be built in toontown (possible extension over railroad to expanded toontown with fake hill facades like disneyland)...Mickeys chase will feature Mickey Minnie and the gang on a virtually simulated ride through toontown where all disney characters live (think back to the future ride only with all disney characters and the need for 3d glasses.

Space Mountain Refurb is confirmed and will most likely go under the knife this year, completely new ride system and this time there will only be one track to make one incredibly thrilling coaster (this one will cetainly not dissapoint)

Animal Kingdom

major e-ticket attraction based on the lion king. show Building will be a massive "Pride Rock" and ride will be a flume based ride with huge drop at the end.. (excpect lots of large show rooms and many animatronics for this one) this will moost likely be animal kingdom's next big attraction

smaller dark ride based on the movie bambi is in the works, something with a very high capacity. but no where near the size and scale of the lion king ride

Journey to the center of the earth is being worked its way up, and should have final approval soon

Pegasus Adventure- a rework of the search for the unicorn attraction that was planned for beastly kingdom basing it on "pegasus" the unicorn from the movie hercules

Epcot

Mt. fuji will be epcots next big project, and is slated to be a higlhly thrilling ride.....that might also get you wet

New ride planned for Canada although that will be way more down the line, maybe some time between 2013- and 2014 excpect to see construction

Journey to Imagination will be completely removed to make way for a new thrilling adventure ..... think twister, earthquake and the now disaster all mixed into one

as for outside the parks.... plans are being made to develop a new residential community basically geared more towards the employees of disneyworld, alot of high rise apartments but alot of homes ranging from 1 level homes to estates... excpect this community to be big, with a town center and all, and as a nod towards walt disney's last dream... alot is being taken from the initial ideas and concepts walt had for epcot...hint- (spokes of a wheel)

The Contemporary resort will be expanding with the demolition of the south wing to add another new circular building mirroring the new tower for a total of 3 buildings north tower will be dvc while the south tower will be for guests

after all this has come to pass (excpect everything I have mentioned to be officially completed by 2015 the latest.. Disney will announce new plans for a 5th theme park, Park's location will most likely end up on opposite side of bay lake adding 2 more resorts to a new monorail loop on the east side of the contemporary... Park is in blue sky now... and the only info I have so far on that is that the park will be set in different times ie one area will be based in the middle ages, another will be based in the 20th century with a new twist on the "streets of america" idea, only this time, the streets will resemble their appointed decade (theres a 50s street along with a 70's street all with cars and architecture reflecting that time period) there is also a colonial time that designers are being very adiment about (think colonial williamsburg in virginia) theres alot more ideas that are being thrown around and like I said announcements will most likely not be until 2015 but this atleast shows you what direction theyre moving in with the 5th gate

That is all the info I have for now.... Please discuss and be very liberal about your judgements as we are looking for your honest opinions of everything being presented here

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This list is the most absurd list I've ever seen! And the most 2-3 of the items not already announced will happen and I'm certain one of those will be Space Mountain. Other than this we won't see this much added to WDW in the next 10 years!

Not sure who the members of the Facebook are but they certainly have wild imaginations! LOL

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This was posted on another well known fan site by someone who was making it his first post.

Its fake.

OK... Do I feel gullible or what. The group I go to usually has good information and I fell for it. :rolleyes1

It has to be true, it was posted on the Disboard. If it wasn't true, then the poster would receive a 20 point penalty.....:rotfl2:

I've heard some of these rumors before - nothing new, some will come true some will not.
I would not be surprised if Disney was planning the 5th park with 2 new resorts and an expansion of the monorail - NOW, if they actually build this by 2015, I would be shocked. Maybe in the next 25 - 35 years.

I would guess they are always strategically planning - that does not mean these plans will come true.

I've been hearing about expanding the monorail for 25 years. I won't hold my breath.

Someone appears to have combined a knowledge of current Disney projects, previous rumors, and a vivid imagination to create their own fantasized ideas of future possibilities.

Some of the ideas presented here we should be glad will never happen.

Of all the rumors there Mermaid is true, coming to Fantasylanf, around 2010 or 2011. JTTCOFE is being planned for AK, but, who knows since there is going to be a 3D movie about JTTCOTE... Not sure who is putting it out but Brandon Fraser stars in it.... Never heard of a Lion King ride.. And Bambi for that matter.... Some of the other stuff sounds interesting, but doubtful...

Space Mountain, by the way, will not be gutted... Just updated to include better graphics, better scenary, and a soundtrack to the car.. NO discussions of a complete revamp of the track...

'Mermaid' will happen if Paris or Tokyo buy a clone of Disneyland's ride (and it's not a sure bet for DCA either - Disney doesn't build one off rides anymore, nor rides that are just paid for the U.S. parks). 'Journey to the Center of the Earth' was considered, but you got 'Everest' instead (a whole lot cheaper and it shows). The rest is blue sky, fanboi, and corruption of passed plans that never happened. Example, the 'Mickey Chase' sounds like the old 'ToonTown Trolley' ride that died along with the "Disney Decade" years ago.

Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D is being released domestically by New Line, a division of Warner Brothers. It was, however, made by Walden Media - a company that was formally associated with Disney. They had made Holes, Narnia and other movies under an exclusive deal with Disney before they dropped the Mouse. They are now only working with Disney for on the Narnia sequels. I'm pretty sure the novel is in public domain now, so anyone can make a movie out of it if they wish to.

Of all the rumors there Mermaid is true, coming to Fantasylanf, around 2010 or 2011. JTTCOFE is being planned for AK, but, who knows since there is going to be a 3D movie about JTTCOTE... Not sure who is putting it out but Brandon Fraser stars in it....

Being produced by Walden Media and New Line Cinema, distributed by TWDC. Its actually coming out July 11.

Now, the JTTCOTE at TDS is amazing, if they were going to build one it better be a clone of that and not some dumbed-down Brendan Fraser version.

As I read the system, New Line is the US distributor, Buena Vista (Disney) has some international territories.

the orginal post on facebook sounds exactly like something that a person I know would write and I have to admit that person is right maybe 30 percent of the time. my motto is, when it's announced by disney then it's a done deal. and as far as the disney doesn't do anything for one park anymore, mr lassiter has big plans for dca that I know WDW won't get. I hope we do get a little mermaid ride because fantasyland needs it. but most of the rest I wouldn't hold my breath on.

Those are way off from anything I have read from people I trust. they sound more like rumors you may hear from random bus drivers or new members who hear it from a friend of a friend of a barber...

New Muppet's themed ride is in the works, but it's construction will be pending on the ratings for the new Muppet show debuting this fall.

strange.. I don't remember a Muppet show in production...

Those are way off from anything I have read from people I trust. they sound more like rumors you may hear from random bus drivers or new members who hear it from a friend of a friend of a barber...

strange.. I don't remember a Muppet show in production...

I heard that one last year, before the writers strike.

But there is a new star wars film coming out this year coinciding with the new Clones animated series coming out.
Enjoy.

Busta

But there is a new star wars film coming out this year coinciding with the new Clones animated series coming out.
Enjoy.

The new film IS the animated series. Lucas is bundling the first few Clone Wars episodes and charging $10 to see them on the big screen a few weeks before their TV debut.

As for the rumors in the first post, that sounds like 20-30 years' worth of development projects at Disney's current pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter