Rumors of major changes at CR in 2006?

Isn't it a shame the way things have to turn out around here sometimes? It's like I keep saying, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Originally posted by mitros
Isn't it a shame the way things have to turn out around here sometimes? It's like I keep saying, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Agreed, even if they're wrong. The OP obviously has more concerns than just extra traffic, the back peddling was damage control it appears. It seems clear to me that she wants CR to stay like it is WITHOUT DVC regardless of any reasoning. "Separate but equal" so to speak. Go back and reread the first few posts. And that is OK and her right to have that opinion. DVC is not for everyone. It's also others right to have an opinion and post it, even if it contradicts the OP opinion, assuming they stay within the posting rules. It's usually very interesting when someone posts an "opinion" then gets called on it as in this thread. OTOH, it's very easy to write one thing and mean another or to intend something tongue in cheap and not be taken as such.

This is long and days in the making.

This board has been a finacial lifesaver to me. I make my husband sit through every trip report, every great Disney Tip because I value all of your opinions. I care about your trips. I get very upset if someone treats our board members badly at the parks or in the resorts. So I have to say I've been very disturbed with this thread.

I'm staying at the CR for the first time in Sept so I can't comment on the condition, or if it needs repair. I've eaten there twice and would be concerned if the resturants changed. I have done the math and have no desire to spend as much as the DVCers did upfront so hats off to them for giving Disney much needed working capital. I'll eventually give it through disneystore.com purchases, resort stays, Disney media, etc but my contribution will be much slower. Keep in mind that because I am giving it I and other non-owner should have some say. I completely understand that DVCers are proud of their contribution and investment. You very well should be.

However, GeekChic is one of us. I've read and reread her posts. They appeared to be quickly written and slightly biased but nothing purposely hurtful. The responses to her were very mean spirited and hurtful. If a CM had spoken to her the way that some of you did, WE as a group would be giving her postal addresses, email addresses, and TOLL free numbers to complain to. We may even make those calls for her. We'd take care of her because she's one of us. How did we turn so quickly on one of own?

I try and ignore the "bashing" from both sides and stay focused on the substance of teh argument/opinions as they are expressed. I am a DVC'er and prior to that stayed at CR, including the North Wing, and the Poly on several occasions. I thought the north wing was a dump five years ago and needed updating badly so removing it and building a DVC resort in it's place would be a tremendous upgrading of the property. I don't believe exchanging the wing with a DVC resort would increase the ridership of the resort monorail as was one of the original concerns. It may, in the long run, help cut down on the number of other commuters that park in the CR lots and ride the monorail or walk into the MK.

We'd take care of her because she's one of us. How did we turn so quickly on one of own?

know what's sad? that i have never felt that i was one of dis's 'own'

just about everything i have posted here since the day i came has been picked apart, bashed, and attacked.

and i'm giving up. i came here to chat about fun disney stuff, help people plan their trips since i have experience of so many family trips...but it's not worth it.

a lot of people here are just plain mean and i feel bad when i read replies to my posts; and that makes participation here not worth it.

i was not 'backpeddling'. no i do NOT want DVC to take over the property; that is just my opinion and not directed toward people who OWN dvc.

i like the resort the way it is/was, i hated it when they added the convention space (still think it ruins the view) but no matter what i say here people will pick on me so forget it.

look at the smart remark someone made concerning this thread over in the Pirates thread i started and that will tell you, i would bet that person owns DVC! i feel like they're ganging up on me and picking on my posts.

i was going to delete this thread but i'm leaving it because some people did try to be nice. i thank them; they are why i'm leaving it.

likely the people who are picking on me won't care that the result of their posts is my not wanting to post at Dis anymore. maybe that's what they want and they'll be happy.

geek

Originally posted by GeekChic
just about everything i have posted here since the day i came has been picked apart, bashed, and attacked.

GeekChic,
I posted back on page 2 (if anyone wants to refer to it) and my last paragraph was harsh and I apologize for that, might not really apply to you and maybe it wasn't entirely fair.

But, it appears from your above statement that I quoted that maybe your posts might come across as different, thus the "picked apart, bashed, and attacked". Might be wrong, but if this thread is an example of your other posts that might be a good reason why.

I can say that I've posted alot on the DIS and despite the few disagreements I've had the board has over all been very friendly and helpful. And the disagreements I have run into I got over fast.

As far as CR, I truly believe that if Walt could come back he wouldn't just let it sit there rotting for sake of nostalgia. Nostalgia is good and all, but change can be good, too. And I think Walt would want that for his parks. It keeps it new, fresh and exciting. How many of us made a trip back just to try one new attraction? ;) There are classics, don't get me wrong, but CR doesn't look good. And if you refer back to my post on page 2 you will know how I feel about CR and DVC.

I guess DVCers aren't to be messed with! ;) Little protective of our investment from the sounds of this thread. I wouldn't let this thread cause you to leave the boards, but if this is a recurring reaction to most of your posts that might be something to think about.

Here here!! I totally agree, change is good!!

Without change we wouldn't have Mission Space or Mickey's Phil.:earsboy:

would bet that person owns DVC

I guess I'm that someone, and no I don't own DVC, I don't think I even replied to this thread until now.

forgive me for wondering what your criteria for the different standards are? I guess I shouon' have been snarky but it just struck me as odd that you are advocating one change while pleading against another.

like I said in the other post everyone is welcome on the DIS. I certainly don't want to chase any one away. One just has to be prepaired to stand behind what they say when people don't share the same opinion.

RadioNate, now you've got my curiosity.

What other thread are you referring to? Can you provide a link?

Thanks!

i was not 'backpeddling'. no i do NOT want DVC to take over the property; that is just my opinion and not directed toward people who OWN dvc.

i like the resort the way it is/was, i hated it when they added the convention space (still think it ruins the view) but no matter what i say here people will pick on me so forget it.
This was in response to my last post. Since you posted in the middle of this thread that you were just worried about the extra traffic, that was my reason for the backpeddling comment, I guess you were just adding that to your list. It seems you have a problem with DVC but that's your prerogative. If you consider this a harsh thread, you may want to avoid bulletin boards and email lists in general as this is mild, even for DIS, but that's totally up to you.

well i just don't like the idea, and no one's gonna make me! LOL

so that's the end of this thread for me. i don't need to be talked down to, belittled for having an opinion or told my concerns should be 'nil'. they're my concerns. everyone is entitled to have them.

hopefully this thread will die or people will get bored of picking on me for having an opinion and move on.

thanks again plano for trying to be nice to me! i'm moving on now.

geek

Yes, you have been called to task, but if you re-read what you wrote it came across as elitist IMO and your target was the DVCers, as misguided as that may be.

I'm sorry you feel belittled, I really don't see where anyone that replied to you tried to do that. But I wonder how many of those that replied felt belittled by what you said.

You really should stick around, GeekChic, the Dis can be fun!! :)

If Disney would like to build a new DVC, and charge a pretty penny for it, why not make one on the monorail line to Epcot?

I still don't see that anything that Geekchic said was belittling to DVC'ers. I see that she was concerned about the changes this would make and it just happened to be as a result of DVC. But then maybe I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks Geekchic for not asking to have this thread deleted. It is an interesting subject even if some people have gotten their feathers ruffled. Hopefully, any changes made at CR will be to everyone's advantage and not goofy like some of the things that Disney has done.

***"DVC seems to be taking over the property"***

***"personally i would not want to pay deluxe resort rates and have to share the monorail station with people coming in from a next-door DVC resort."***

***" but when i stay at a deluxe monorail hotel i'd like to not have to share the trains with an entire second hotels worth of people,"***

***"but i feel like DVC is taking over, as someone who prefers not to own timeshare after my family's past experiences with it, i just hate the thought of my favorite hotel being monkeyed with to make room for more DVC."***

PG...... not even a little bit ???

Wow, you guys are pretty harsh. I just started posting on these boards and I am afraid that if I post a responce baised on a feeling, that "you guys" will tear into me. Gosh forbid being able to post something that is not your lifes thesis and just have a knee-jerk reaction.

I believe that it is possible to want change at Poly and not POtC. I believe that you can want the Poly to stay the same but want Johnny Depp at POtC. I also believe that anyone should be able to post anti-DVC comments and be hasseled to the point of not wanting to post with other Disney fans.

I also believe that I will be attacked by someone.:D

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by KNWVIKING
***"DVC seems to be taking over the property"***

***"personally i would not want to pay deluxe resort rates and have to share the monorail station with people coming in from a next-door DVC resort."***

***" but when i stay at a deluxe monorail hotel i'd like to not have to share the trains with an entire second hotels worth of people,"***

***"but i feel like DVC is taking over, as someone who prefers not to own timeshare after my family's past experiences with it, i just hate the thought of my favorite hotel being monkeyed with to make room for more DVC."***

PG...... not even a little bit ???

The 1st and 4th comments COULD be taken that way but could also be taken as concern about changes caused by DVC. That is where my tendency to give others the benefit of the doubt comes in.

The 2nd and 3rd comments definitely pertain to increased traffic IMO.

Besides even if the OP hates DVC members and really meant to pick on them (which I don't believe), are these comments really worth all of this?

tigmickey, where do you get off calling all of us harsh? There consider yourself attacked (in jest). ;)

sorry if I hurt any one feeling.

you can't stop progress.

the CR is in bad shape - the plumbing is probably just the start. WDW does not want to spend the money to fix it - I don't know why....they are spending a fortune to fix up the Polyn.

back in the early 80's (might have been late 70's) - when the Cr and the Polyn were added on: the wings at the CR and the 3 building closest to the T/TC at the Polyn - we through WDW was going downhill. the woods that WDW were using were GREEN and other things bother some people. but hey these are now at the Polyn some of the best units.

If WDW is not going to do necessary upkeep on the CR - then yes sell it to DVC who will do upkeep.

CreekChic - believe me I understand your concerns - but also believe that making it part of the DVC resorts would greatly help not hurt the CR. This my mother's favorite WDW resort. So I don't want it to be hurt either.

If DVC does it like it did the other resorts - the rooms would be bigger - so you would have less guests than the current wing. DVC does not built anything higher than the current resort - since we are only talking about the North Wing - I can't see if being built higher than the South Wing - so again only 4 floors.

DVC is not your normal timeshare - there are alot of singles and couples without kids who own at DVC.

I still don't see that anything that Geekchic said was belittling to DVC'ers. I see that she was concerned about the changes this would make and it just happened to be as a result of DVC.

Once again Planogirl brings reason to the insanity.

Not liking DVC and its impacts is not the same as belittling DVC'ers.

....***"I also believe that anyone should be able to post anti-DVC comments and be hasseled to the point of not wanting to post with other Disney fans"***

Did that come out right ??

PG: For the record I have no doubt that Geek was not trying to belittle DVC members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter