• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

THANK YOU!!! :cheer2:

I also applied for a job yesterday that would be a great opportunity. It's a full time position with benefits even if I only work 30 hr/week and they'll work around my school schedule, let me take off for finals, offer tuition reimbursement, and-- it's doing something I love and fits in with my major!

So I would very much appreciate prayers, happy thoughts, whatever you're in to! :sunny:
That sounds awesome!! What a great sounding opportunity! Prayers and positive vibes heading your way!!

We're airport-bound! I'll pop in with updates when I can!
:jumping1:
How exciting!!! Have a great trip!!!:cool1:

I love seeing everyone leaving for their trips and updating us while they are there. I love this thread!
Me too!! I'm excited for everyone...and it keeps me excited for my own trip! Love hearing live reports too!

I'm at the airport too, just unfortunately going the wrong way! Safe travels and a magical trip! Can't wait to hear about it!

Time to start planning your next trip!!
Me too! We should start a pool for who will actually see ROL first!
:thumbsup2 Good idea!

Not sure we have a trip planned for summer of 2019 yet. :))
:rotfl2:

Have a magical trip!!!!:cool1:

I just read a nice positive review over on the Port Orleans Riverside thread. The poster commented about not believing all the talk about the loss of the Magic at Disney. They are currently there and have had amazing, wonderful, magical encounters! It's so refreshing to read that people are experiencing the magic...because so often people don't seem to see it...even if it's happening right in front of them. Maybe Disney Magic is always there, but only those that believe in it can see it....

I just read a nice positive review over on the Port Orleans Riverside thread. The poster commented about not believing all the talk about the loss of the Magic at Disney. They are currently there and have had amazing, wonderful, magical encounters! It's so refreshing to read that people are experiencing the magic...because so often people don't seem to see it...even if it's happening right in front of them. Maybe Disney Magic is always there, but only those that believe in it can see it....
Honestly, if someone came in cold to DIS and WDW and set their expectation for level of magic in WDW from here, I think it would be a MASSIVE distortion of reality.

As with anything, negativity gets a lot more play than positivity. We've been going to WDW regularly for about 11yrs and there's no way we would personally chart any sort of precipitous decline in service, magic, or anything else that matters to us on a WDW trip.

Of course it's all subjective, but no social media platform is going to give an accurate view of ANYTHING, IMO. :)

Riverside was one of our favorite places to stay. Absolutely beautiful and the most friendly CMs!

Honestly, if someone came in cold to DIS and WDW and set their expectation for level of magic in WDW from here, I think it would be a MASSIVE distortion of reality.

As with anything, negativity gets a lot more play than positivity. We've been going to WDW regularly for about 11yrs and there's no way we would personally chart any sort of precipitous decline in service, magic, or anything else that matters to us on a WDW trip.

Of course it's all subjective, but no social media platform is going to give an accurate view of ANYTHING, IMO. :)
This is so true! I read everything with a grain of salt and formulate my own opinions. The magic has always been there for us!

We've arrived in the city of the Mouse! My DD3 has been dead to the world since before the flight landed in Orlando and hasn't event cracked an eye open since (after all it's a six hrs time difference) - I think she'll be in for quite the surprise tomorrow when she wakes up. DS7 and DS11 have also fallen into bed like 15 minutes after we got to the hotel.

We'll be at the Dark Side (aka Universal) until Thursday. Talking about the Dark Side - we were all majorly excited that The Force Awakens was a movie choice on inflight entertainment! Perfect start to the vacation! We also had time to watch Tomorrowland (weird movie) and Inside Out on the long leg. The short hop down to Orlando from Philly we all watched Frozen.

WE'RE HERE! WE'RE REALLY HERE!

We are currently en route! Just about the NC/SC border. Hoping DD continues sleeping! It would make the trip just so must easier! Will be at MK tomorrow with my button, hope to see some of you during the week!

Also, crossing my fingers I don't get sick. It will be 30 degrees warmer in FL than home this morning.

We've arrived in the city of the Mouse! My DD3 has been dead to the world since before the flight landed in Orlando and hasn't event cracked an eye open since (after all it's a six hrs time difference) - I think she'll be in for quite the surprise tomorrow when she wakes up. DS7 and DS11 have also fallen into bed like 15 minutes after we got to the hotel.

We'll be at the Dark Side (aka Universal) until Thursday. Talking about the Dark Side - we were all majorly excited that The Force Awakens was a movie choice on inflight entertainment! Perfect start to the vacation! We also had time to watch Tomorrowland (weird movie) and Inside Out on the long leg. The short hop down to Orlando from Philly we all watched Frozen.

WE'RE HERE! WE'RE REALLY HERE!
Pleas tag me if you do a TR as we're going to the darkside for the first time this summer. THNX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter