• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Also - as promised...

The first ever... "Rumors of Light" Magic Band (in purple no less!1)

ry%3D400
ry%3D400

Love it - I have magic band envy.

When the app first opens up, you should see the "My Plans" screen. At the bottom (without scrolling), there should be a blue circle with a plus sign in it (if you don't see it, scroll down and then scroll back up and it should appear). Tap the circle and five smaller circles will pop out around it (L to R: FastPass+, Tickets, Dining, Add Plans, and Shopping). Tap the second from the right - it's a little magic hat symbol - and you'll be taken to a screen that allows you to add Parades, Fireworks, Shows, or Notes to your plan. The Notes function allows you to enter a description, details, date, location, and time.

ETA: It is definitely not intuitive, so don't feel bad for not finding it! I only found it by tapping randomly to see what would happen.

I didn't know about this feature either! I've been toiling over spreadsheets for our Park days. I went into the MDE app and entered our first day itinerary into the Notes section. Easy peasy!

I bring rumors of lights rumors. Problems persist but it seems they are back to mostly testing at night. However internally they believe it will be really bad if they can't et this up by July 4th. Thats the new target date for now. Its possible it gets done before that though.

:offtopic: But this group is the best at supporting each other and answering questions. Our magic bands and luggage tags arrived today. :cheer2: Last year, our Magic Your Way vouchers for mini-golf and such came in the box. Our package this year doesn't have any vouchers or coupons in the box. Are they just connected to the magic band now? Will they come later? How do you know what discounts are included in your package? When I purchased our MYW package it said it included some things but I can't find it on any of my email receipts or my MDE page. :confused3

I bring rumors of lights rumors. Problems persist but it seems they are back to mostly testing at night. However internally they believe it will be really bad if they can't et this up by July 4th. Thats the new target date for now. Its possible it gets done before that though.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm sorry. Not funny. But sometimes you just can't help it.

That is 10.5 weeks post announced opening date and 13 weeks after the announced no go for opening.

HOW DID THEY NOT KNOW AT LEAST 6 weeks ago this thing was not going to work?? if they now need 13 more past the epiphany of failure.

Personally, if I'm going to have all these people I hired for the Tree of Life Awakenings, Discovery Island Carnivale, Harambe Wildlife Party ... on the payroll AND the hoards of summer visitors about to descend on the park in one month ............. I would be opening EVERYTHING but Rumors of Light along with the rides.

Catch more flies with honey than vinegar and at the moment lots of folks are gagging on vinegar.

Geez, rteetz, I had chilled about this, it happens, what's another month, I will be there next weekend so I wouldn't see anyway, but was hoping to see when I go in May .......... :furious:

Project Manager ........... You're Fired!!

Blech. We'll be there 10 days before that. <sigh> At this point, I hope that it doesn't open while we're there - it makes my planning life so much easier if I don't have to worry about the night time events at AK. By the time we go again, the Avatar attractions will probably be open so I know I'll need to devote 2 days to AK (never thought I'd actually type or say those words).

I don't mean to interrupt the June/July lamenting, because I TRULY know your pain and anger, but my PINS have arrived - yay!

I bought a multi-pack, and I'm going to carry a few extras so when some other poor April peep says to me, "Hey, love your pin, I'm so sad about ROL being delayed!" I can whip out an extra pin and give it to the person! A small comfort, I know, but still...

In other packing news...I seem to have A LOT of Disney tees...hmmmm....:rolleyes1

Last edited:
EVERYTHING we intended to do this trip has either been removed, being refurbished or will open late.

Wow, you plan light!

;)

While there still is a ton to do at WDW without these things, I, too, and a bit sad that I was hoping to see the Frozen attractions, revamped Soarin', and RoL, and now, it looks like I won't see any of these things in June. I was also excited about Skipper's, before seeing the silly "no ADRs" policy...and the menu.

Have there been anymore rumors for Frozen Ever After opening? Is May 27th not the rumored date anymore? We planned an impromptu trip in early June to catch some of the new offerings, but it's now looking like very few of them will actually be offered.

At Animal Kingdom now. I was told at first the hang up was the seating area, but that is looking good now. Then a barge that was put out in the water sunk. I was told that they did not put in a proper filtration system and it was getting clogged with dead frogs and other debris.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter