Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Haha, I am now feeling what CBR fans have probably been feeling since they found out about a tower there.

On the up side it makes offsite so much easier. I'm thinking I can do a 2 bedroom fully equipped condo for a week what CSR may cost for 2 nights in the future. With AP, parking not a problem.

Haha, I am now feeling what CBR fans have probably been feeling since they found out about a tower there.

On the up side it makes offsite so much easier. I'm thinking I can do a 2 bedroom fully equipped condo for a week what CSR may cost for 2 nights in the future. With AP, parking not a problem.
I always toy with the thought of offsite but then I never do it. Truth be told, I just want to buy into DVC.

Last edited:
I always toy with the thought if offsite but then I never do it. Truth be told, I just want to buy into DVC.

Haha, teasing you with the kool aid pixiedust: I understand the draw but I decided to invest in the beach ... just 1.5 hours away from WDW.

Well I do it all. Last August, October, December, January, upcoming April onsite at values and March (DS hotel).

120+ on site stays but LOTS of offsite as well. But I want to go often so it's all about the $ and which works out best for us. I've done lots of hotel rooms/suites all around LBV, South LBV, International Drive and Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana .....

I thought when I moved to offsite half the time I would hate it but really many times I leave an onsite stay and realize the only thing I used at the hotel was the bus .... I have no issue driving off and on and sometimes even drive to parks when staying onsite because it's faster.

I'm driven by cost, the lower my hotel the more I get to go and the more cash I have for the extras. So I drink the upsell kool-aid.

Haha, teasing you with the kool aid pixiedust: I understand the draw but I decided to invest in the beach ... just 1.5 hours away from WDW.

Well I do it all. Last August, October, December, January, upcoming April onsite at values and March (DS hotel).

120+ on site stays but LOTS of offsite as well. But I want to go often so it's all about the $ and which works out best for us. I've done lots of hotel rooms/suites all around LBV, South LBV, International Drive and Wyndham Bonnet Creek and Sheraton Vistana .....

I thought when I moved to offsite half the time I would hate it but really many times I leave an onsite stay and realize the only thing I used at the hotel was the bus .... I have no issue driving off and on and sometimes even drive to parks when staying onsite because it's faster.

I'm driven by cost, the lower my hotel the more I get to go and the more cash I have for the extras. So I drink the upsell kool-aid.
If the only way I could get to Disney was to stay offsite, I'd do it in a heartbeat. We used to...when I was a kid (I'm 43 now) but as soon as we stayed on once, we never stayed off again. And we actually drive (we are in Gwinnett...I think you are in GA, too?) so we don't usually take the buses.

Also, when I retire from teaching (I have 14 years left....ugh) we will move to FL. Probably around Amelia Island, so while I love the beach, i know we will live there eventually and we have friends who own a condo there that we rent very cheaply.

We used to stay moderate but lately it's been DVC (on cash mostly, but rented points this time) so I've gotten spoiled. DVC makes sense for us but....it's expensive. Gah.

If the only way I could get to Disney was to stay offsite, I'd do it in a heartbeat. We used to...when I was a kid (I'm 43 now) but as soon as we stayed on once, we never stayed off again. And we actually drive (we are in Gwinnett...I think you are in GA, too?) so we don't usually take the buses.

Also, when I retire from teaching (I have 14 years left....ugh) we will move to FL. Probably around Amelia Island, so while I love the beach, i know we will live there eventually and we have friends who own a condo there that we rent very cheaply.

We used to stay moderate but lately it's been DVC (on cash mostly, but rented points this time) so I've gotten spoiled. DVC makes sense for us but....it's expensive. Gah.

Yup, close enough but again just far enough to make it less spontaneous.

Hey, I tell you, the day I was no longer tied to the school calendar it was like WOOT WOOT!!!! :cool1:

@ArielSRL A lot of your post struck a cord ... I'm also a teacher (with 15 years left not counting the rest of this year). Being Canadian, I won't move to Florida when I retire, but I do plan to use my DVC to avoid some of the coldest parts of winter!

My family was another that never looked back once we stayed onsite (at CBR actually). Over the years, we've stayed at CSR, WL, ASMovies, ASMusic, AKL ... and when my nephews came along I bought into DVC at BLT. It was expensive up front for sure, but with 8 of us, DVC makes so much sense. Without it, there's no way would we be able to visit as often, and definitely no way we would be heading back this summer to celebrate my 40th (and hopefully, finslly, see RoL)!

@ArielSRL A lot of your post struck a cord ... I'm also a teacher (with 15 years left not counting the rest of this year). Being Canadian, I won't move to Florida when I retire, but I do plan to use my DVC to avoid some of the coldest parts of winter!

My family was another that never looked back once we stayed onsite (at CBR actually). Over the years, we've stayed at CSR, WL, ASMovies, ASMusic, AKL ... and when my nephews came along I bought into DVC at BLT. It was expensive up front for sure, but with 8 of us, DVC makes so much sense. Without it, there's no way would we be able to visit as often, and definitely no way we would be heading back this summer to celebrate my 40th (and hopefully, finslly, see RoL)!
Here's hoping 14 & 15 years comes quickly....though I'm not sure I want my boys to grow up that fast! Conundrum!

Yeh, I've wanted to buy in for probably 15 years. It's definitely getting closer to reality but I'm not getting any younger, so it needs to be as soon as possible (which still may be a couple years or more...ugh....down the road).

ROL merch is on the Shop Parks app... but it's all saying out of stock. Hoping it just hasn't been fully loaded yet and they aren't just teasing us! I gotta get that blanket!

So is today the "grand opening" of ROL? I was telling someone about this the other day and I called it Rumors of light and had to correct myself. Lol. I hope I can find a way to Disney this year. I want to see this and MNSSHP and FW. Sigh.....

I know...I was just thinking about whether it would be too cheeky to wear my Rumors of Light shirt when I see the show in April! I really like the shirt and it is well themed, lol! Maybe I can add that comment that @HopperFan found above - j/k!

I hope you get there too, @dachsie! Fingers crossed!

I know...I was just thinking about whether it would be too cheeky to wear my Rumors of Light shirt when I see the show in April! I really like the shirt and it is well themed, lol! Maybe I can add that comment that @HopperFan found above - j/k!

YOU are so right, that would make an awesome tshirt!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm :rotfl2:

YOU are so right, that would make an awesome tshirt!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm :rotfl2:

I know, right? The funny thing is, I bet if I wear my shirt, people will be asking me where I got it and probably won't be reading it properly - meaning they will "see" Rivers of Light! But like @dachsie has said, I've mixed it us several times when talking with my sisters!

I know, right? The funny thing is, I bet if I wear my shirt, people will be asking me where I got it and probably won't be reading it properly - meaning they will "see" Rivers of Light! But like @dachsie has said, I've mixed it us several times when talking with my sisters!

I don't think I'll every call it the right name ..... a year of Rumors ...........

I seriously am thinking about asking him to change it slightly and ordering one for my next trip.

Adding similar to that quote to the back ......... priceless.

I was originally planning for a group of 4 (for this coming week) which turned into 5 some of the time but maybe 10 but now is 8. Just found out (like 30 minutes ago) 3 of the 8 won't have parkhoppers. Which would have been good to know BEFORE I struggled to make ADRs for 8, ya know?

ANYWAY.
I thought I was going to miss out on ROL for this trip on account of so many people and only one show per night but maybe the newly added second show on Tuesday will make it workable. Though I was not able to procure a Tusker dining package which would have made my life easier. I'm hoping for sameday FP (but only for 2 of the 8 and the rest will go see SW fireworks) but not holding my breath.

Any thoughts on standby wait times if I can't make a couple of FP materialize on Tuesday? Is it worth trying to stand in line if I can't get the FP? Should I just wait until I'm back (theoretically) in May?

I still have my tank and may wear it in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter