Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

sorry so many of you are getting nasty winter weather. Here in Minnesota, it's supposed to be in the upper 50s today...heat wave - we'll be grilling dinner. It's been a very strange winter here with little snow, and only a handful of really cold (below 0 F) snaps. I guess we were due for an easy winter after the last few we've had.

Still I can truly sympathize with the feeling of yet another springtime blizzard,....been there, done that, and somehow managed to not do myself, or anyone else, in! Hang in there, ROL friends! Mickey's house will be great!!

I'm with ya. We're also 20 days out and while I say I'm done stressing, I know I'll still be checking. On my AK day I have TH at 6 and 'Ohana at 9:30, just waiting to see which one to drop. Emailed George yesterday to convey my thoughts; no idea if I will get a response. I'm certain this one issue is not enough to really negatively impact my trip.
Happy Sunday everyone!
You will probably get a call tomorrow when everyone gets back in to the office. MAYBE you will be able to BREAK some news for us...

HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL!!! LOL:rotfl:

We're at 20 days...still leaving our AK evening free...just in case. Worst case scenario would be use our late afternoon FPs as scheduled, have a bite to eat, maybe at Flame Tree, then head back to resort for wine and hot tub. Not a river, but still wet!

IF there are later hours, or we have been able to snag the elusive ROL FP, dining plan, etc., we will stay and enjoy the AK after dark attractions...

We'll wait for that phone call, along with all my friends here in the Lounge, and adjust the schedule accordingly.

I'm done stressing about it. :crazy::tilt::teeth:

We're at 20 days, too, also over the stress, and just leaving our AK evening open just in case. If ROL doesn't happen that night, we'll hop to another park after using our late afternoon FPs at AK. We're leaving another evening open a few days later in the trip just in case ROL is delayed a bit - but if we get to see ROL on our AK day, then on that night we'll either hang out at MK or hop to DHS for a second viewing of SW fireworks. Either way, we'll be happy to be at Disney!

ETA: It isn't snowing here but it is cold today and SO windy! I thought the wind was going to blow my puppy away when I took him out this morning before heading to work! Can't wait for sunny, warm weather in Orlando!

Sending warm vibes to all of you experiencing winter still. I can't imagine. Here on the west coast of Canada my son has been camping at the lake for the weekend and my DH was out on the sailboat with a friend last evening. It's beautiful out! Here's hoping you see warm sunny skies soon!:daisy:

Been creeping from the sidelines. Winter has returned here in Dighton MA. :mad: Can't wait to get to POFQ in less than 2 weeks. Need a little sun and some of that Mickey Magic. Rumor I'm hearing is that ADR's and FP has been delayed because of a possible opening delay, but expectations are to open on the 22nd. With this in mind a few questions come to mind. Let's assume that the 22nd is happening since we have no other hard evidence to not believe it. 1. How would we go about trying to get tickets to the premium event? At this rate unless they are all spoken for it will be a mad dash for tickets. 2. I think it would be nice to offer premium for all preview events don't you? 3. How many dinning packages and what restaurants do you want?
There are so many more questions :) but for now I will hate on this cold and look forward to warmer weather
:welcome: Preview tickets, if the event ever manifests, would probably be purchased on the phone. I don't know about online, never purchased any preview tickets before. :) Well, if they offer premium and lower-priced preview parties, then those who may have been priced out of the more expensive option would have a chance, as well as more people because the previously reported premium had half the amount of tickets. It's expected that eventually there will be dining packages for Tusker House, Tiffins, and Flame Tree BBQ. Pretty much nothing is known other than what is obvious on the Disney site... and even the "April 22nd" open date may or may not be accurate. How many dining packages? No one knows. This is a thread of almost 500 pages of "nothing" ... welcome! :rotfl:

I've been on a cruise the last 3 days. I'm feeling mixed emotions this morning. In one way, I'm glad RoL dining packages didn't get released while I was gone since I was abstaining from the internet. But I'm disappointed to log in this morning and find there's still no news on this.

Disney website just bombed.... keep getting server issue try again later....ugh... Only 11 days and trying to firm up Plan B.

The concept art on the wall by tsmm show how the transition from tsland to swland will look like
That's what is being discussed wildly right now because Star Wars land was not supposed to go there. If it is going next to toy story land phase 3 has to go somewhere else but where? This is going to be very interesting.

I just had a call from a lovely young lady named Jenny, whom I believe several of you have spoken with this weekend. Nothing earth shattering to report. There was supposed to be new info yesterday but there ended up not being anything new, so no Blog entered. I was also told I would be called in the event information was to be released - expected this week. None of this is new to the group, as several others posted it yesterday. She sounded very sincere in her sympathy for our plight and I genuinely felt she had no other information to share. I asked if the other night time activities would still go even if RoL was not ready and she said, the information she has says April 22 is still the planned date for everything. No new info on dining pkgs or park hours, just to look forward to some announcement next week. The optimist in me says that at least we are getting a common message for once. I also clearly voiced my displeasure with the lack of responses to the many genuine Blog Comments and suggested they reevaluate what the goal is of putting up the Blog - is it a tool to drive engagement with their customer or just a task Manager's have to do every couple days/weeks.

Last edited:
I sent off an email yesterday around lunchtime and haven't received any sort of response yet.

Hmmm.

18 days and counting, I mean at this point it is what it is, we didn't book this trip more than 180 days out so I think we're incredibly lucky that we got all the reservations we wanted (and more, trust me haha), we've gone from just dinner at Chef Mickey's as our only character meal to 5 character meals since we've found ideal ressie times over the past month that fit into our schedule, one of which is an 8:30am ressie for TH breakfast on 4/22, so we'll get into the park early on Earth Day so we know will be in the park just in case it reaches capacity if ROL is a go, we grabbed the earliest dinner ressie we could (4pm at Yak) so we have plenty of time to hopefully experience the park and special activities before night time, if ROL is a go, great! If ROL isn't, we can leave right after dinner as we have nothing tying us to AK, either way our vacation is going to be full of good eats and fun, so we're ready either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter