Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

@HopperFan , after I ordered, I said to my DH, "You know, you're going to feel a little left out when we're all in our ROL shirts posing for our family picture at the Tree of Life." He was like, "Hmmm, you're right. Is it too late?" Lime green. :rainbow:

WOOT! :bounce: And you are right, he is the one that will look like a party pooper.

I know some of you here were following the live stream and I apologize but my phone overheated (stupid phone) anyways, it was super emotional. Walt Disney Ambassador Nathaniel Palma was there, Dan Cockerell V.P. of MK was there, some of the original cast from the show...people all the way back to Casey's wanting to see the last show...anyways I'm sure there will be youtube videos soon.

I just ordered my pin. I'll be wearing it on my bag. Estimated delivery is 4-14/15, we fly out on the 16th. Phew, just made it. Thanks @HopperFan
Uh oh!! We leave 4/14!! Does that mean I missed it?! I've been in transit all day long and am just getting home. :(

Darn Amazon Prime for making me think EVERYTHING can just arrive next day now!!

I haven't had a chance to review all of today's posts and don't know if similar stories have been posted, but I did get a call from Disney again this morning. They said that they knew they had promised information on the blog today, and unfortunately, would not be able to post what they had anticipated. The girl apologized for the inconvenience. She noted that they expect to release information this week, and that I would get another call to let me know, prior to the release. I was disappointed that today didn't bring better results, but I was happy that Disney called to "keep me in the loop". So, the waiting continues!

Uh oh!! We leave 4/14!! Does that mean I missed it?! I've been in transit all day long and am just getting home. :(

Darn Amazon Prime for making me think EVERYTHING can just arrive next day now!!

They do offer expedited shipping (for an extra fee), but the 14th-15th timeframe is also what I was quoted today with standard shipping.

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to review all of today's posts and don't know if similar stories have been posted, but I did get a call from Disney again this morning. They said that they knew they had promised information on the blog today, and unfortunately, would not be able to post what they had anticipated. The girl apologized for the inconvenience. She noted that they expect to release information this week, and that I would get another call to let me know, prior to the release. I was disappointed that today didn't bring better results, but I was happy that Disney called to "keep me in the loop". So, the waiting continues!

Thanks for the update, it seems others received a similar phone call today. Makes me so curious what the holdup is for the release. Something is putting a kink in their plans.

Thanks for the update, it seems others received a similar phone call today. Makes me so curious what the holdup is for the release. Something is putting a kink in their plans.

Obciously, so much rumor and speculation floating around, but a number of sites still saying that they are having tech issues and attraction might not open till May -- who knows at this point !!?

I, actually, have no skin in the game 'cuz my trip is so far out... BUT, (ya just know there's gotta back a but), it doesn't make sense that Disney's George would be having his staff call all of youse guys if there wasn't a plan. I don't get the impression that they are really just trying to appease folks. I think (and I'm not midwestern, naive - lol) and I believe that whatever glitch happened, they had hoped to have it ironed out by now and are chagrined at the hold up.
I also believe that someone in George's office is monitoring this thread. (It IS quite famous, you know!) to keep their finger on the pulse of guests.
Now I could just be blowing smoke, but I can't imagine they (Disney) would bother with all these calls if they didn't want you in the loop. And I really believe they expected to have news by today...
On a different note, is there anybody (Bueller, Bueller?) Who is going in December? Am I the only Christmas peep?
Sparkle on ROL folks!

I, actually, have no skin in the game 'cuz my trip is so far out... BUT, (ya just know there's gotta back a but), it doesn't make sense that Disney's George would be having his staff call all of youse guys if there wasn't a plan. I don't get the impression that they are really just trying to appease folks. I think (and I'm not midwestern, naive - lol) and I believe that whatever glitch happened, they had hoped to have it ironed out by now and are chagrined at the hold up.
I also believe that someone in George's office is monitoring this thread. (It IS quite famous, you know!) to keep their finger on the pulse of guests.
Now I could just be blowing smoke, but I can't imagine they (Disney) would bother with all these calls if they didn't want you in the loop. And I really believe they expected to have news by today...
On a different note, is there anybody (Bueller, Bueller?) Who is going in December? Am I the only Christmas peep?
Sparkle on ROL folks!

We're booked at AKV Nov 29-Dec 6!

Sparkle on ROL folks!

December lurker here! Will be at BLT 12/16-12/29 and BCV 12/19/22/22. Really hoping that ROL, with dining package, will be a reality by then, and enjoying this thread in the meantime, though feeling badly for those whose plans remain up in the air!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter