Rumored Toy Story Mania! dates

I hope that this stays on schedule, we are scheduled to arrive on May 28.....my boys would love to do this.

I second everyone's questions about how a press event on the 16th might affect the park as a whole. Anyone have any idea based on past experiences with other rides hyped a fair amount?

I'm supposed to go over to DHS later that day and wonder if I just need to abandon those plans altogether. How many vacation schedule changes can one person make, anyway? I've made so many already, I can't take many more! :eek: :headache:

Ricky Brigante of Orlando Attractions magazine and the "Inside the Magic podcast" has given the tentative opening dates for Toy Story Mania! at DHS. These should be considered rumored dates until Disney officially announces them, but they jibe with what little information Disney has released so far.

Soft opening: April 25
Cast previews: April 26-27
Promotional filming: April 29-30
Cast previews: May 2-4
Media preview: May 9
AP previews: May 10-12
Press event: May 16
Grand opening: May 20

help me out here, i'm a little :confused3 . does this mean that the 25th is the only day when it will be available as a soft opening to the general public/guests. and that only cast members can ride on the 27th & 26th? what usually happend on promo filming days; do the public still get to ride - surely they'd need people to promote it

That sounds great. I'm going back the 15th-21st and if something should happen and things get pushed back a couple days I'd still get to see it as an AP holder. We're planning on going to DHS on the 15th, 17, 18, and 20th. So hopefully it will be open one of those days.

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll play it by ear and if I miss an opening by chance I will be back in October for two weeks so I know I will catch it then at least.

I'm hoping they are wrong because we are there April 28-May 9, so would miss all of the soft opennings. I can't believe they would do 2 weekends of cast previews. Generally it's cast first, then AP/DVC. Guess if this is correct, we'll have to meet up with some of our Cast friends and go with them. Afterall we took our Cast friends during AP preview for Nemo since they missed the cast preview. I'll be watching this schedule carefully. We are AP holders and DVC members (formerly cast).

My son is a CM and I will be down visiting him on 4/26. Hope we get a chance to check it out. Otherwise we'll have to wait til July.

I hope their right! We will be there May 17 to May 24. It will probably be are last trip for a few years so that would be AWESOME. :goodvibes

Any AP's want to bring me in as a guest? (If it's available) I'll buy you lunch or something as a way to thank you. :worship:

When will you be there? I'll be at WDW May 4th to 10th. Will go to DHS on the 10th to ride this if the dates are correct. I'd be happy to help out a Diser if they allow a guest.:thumbsup2

I've been to several Disney press events over the years, and my guess is the crowd impact in the park that day will be minimal. For individual ride openings they don't fly in a lot of out of state press, so it won't be a HUGE press event. Typically there is some sort of private event in the evening after the park is closed to the pubic - it MIGHT result in the park (or just that part of the park) being closed a little early that day. Sometimes there is also an official opening announcement during the day with some Disney suits in front of the attraction but that is usually open to whomever is wandering by. The ride may or may not be open to the public that day, depending on what (if any) preparations may be going on for the evening event.

Bottom line - the park or that portion of the park may close early that day and the ride will likely not be open for public riders part or all of that day. General crowds to the park will probably not be affected.

I am press AND an AP holder, but I'm going to miss both sets of dates. I'll be there the first week of May during the CM preview though. Hoping I can sneak in for a soft opening!

Are these AP previews the kind where you must have an AP to get on or the kind where an AP person can take a friend along?

We're AP holders and will be at WDW from May 7th to 16th - if the dates are accurate we'll definitely have to check it out during the AP preview. :cool1:

Thank you for the information! That's good to know.

Hope you catch a soft opening on your trip!

My son was a CM at AK that year. They opened EE for CM and guest only on Jan 20. Then at random times the next week they started doing unannounced soft openings for guest for an hour or so at a time. Within two weeks or so it was pretty much running an ongoing soft opening that made the ride open almost fulltime until the "official Press Opening" on April 7. I was in the park the day of the official opening and the crowds were slightly larger than they had been on previous days of the same week but not terribly increased. I found the funny part to be that the general public was pretty much off limits to EE for the majority of that day even though they had had almost unlimited access for the two months prior.

We were AP holders during the Nemo and Comedy Club openings and although we did not attend the openings we did get the email invitations giving the dates and instructions on how to gain access for AP holders only. I suspect this opening will be similar.

We're arriving in the World on the 20th - I'm so exited that it will (probably) be open for real when we're there! :cool1:

Subscribing. We will be there from May 1st-9th (are AP holders as well) but it seems like we will miss any "preview" days they may have...:(

Stupid question - where exactly will the "entrance" be located? Will this entrance be used for preview days, etc. or do they usually have you go a different location?

Stupid question - where exactly will the "entrance" be located? Will this entrance be used for preview days, etc. or do they usually have you go a different location?

It will be the regular ride entrance.

It is in the space of the former "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" studio.
Located in the area between One Man's Dream and The Backlot Tour.

We are going Apr 9-16 and while it appears unlikely, I am hopeful they will be testing TSM. Anyone have any recent updates to report on this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter