Rumor: MSEP closing?!

I'm also going to follow along as well!! As much I love MSEP I'd love to see PTN in person as we are heading in February :D

In fairness the first night time parade I seen was Spectromagic back in 2008 and I was really dissapointed when I heard MSEP was replacing it but I ended up loving it as well :)

Color me shocked but Spirit says that MSEP is going to DL for January and PTN is coming to WDW....

If that's where this is going, then they have had that in the works for some time and the Tony's package was a test for the upcoming switch.

This is just seriously ticking me off, as I sit here trying to finalize my plans with so little information to go on.

If that's where this is going, then they have had that in the works for some time and the Tony's package was a test for the upcoming switch.

This is just seriously ticking me off, as I sit here trying to finalize my plans with so little information to go on.

Seriously!! No nighttime parade at all between Sept and Jan?! The already congested MK is going to be a nightmare on non party nights this fall/winter now :headache:

I think that MK was just jealous of AK and wanted their own Rumors Of Light thread hahahaha :rotfl2: . On a more serious note, I am excited about possible changes in the works, it would be nice to get something different (and I like MSEP). Hopefully it would be up and ready by the time I go in December (although I highly doubt that).

So I'm confused now though, why were the dining options released if there wasn't going to be a parade at all until January? I'd have to say the parade returns sooner than later.

Seriously!! No nighttime parade at all between Sept and Jan?! The already congested MK is going to be a nightmare on non party nights this fall/winter now :headache:

I think that MK was just jealous of AK and wanted their own Rumors Of Light thread hahahaha :rotfl2: . On a more serious note, I am excited about possible changes in the works, it would be nice to get something different (and I like MSEP). Hopefully it would be up and ready by the time I go in December (although I highly doubt that).

So I'm confused now though, why the dining options released if there wasn't going to be a parade at all until January? I'd have to say the parade returns sooner than later.

Spirit?

Do you have a link?

NOTE: He did NOT clearly say that PTN would start in January, he said that MSEP would start in DL in January. Context could go either way but it could be his sources only have DL information.

MY OPINION: PTN is in excellent condition and could probably be started fairly easily at WDW while MSEP is probably in need of a good cleaning, maintenance etc to be a replacement out there. Magic Kingdom 45th birthday starts in October so who knows what will happen.

Take this for it is worth, but yesterday entertainment front-liners at DL were claiming a big announcement was coming today.

And they are saying that PtN is coming to WDW (as absurd as it sounds) and MSEP will be returning to DL AGAIN in January. I have no way of verifying this at all, just passing it along.

WDW1974, Today at 6:11 AM (his WDWMAGIC POST)

Last edited:
It's sad. MSEP is one of those unique non-IP Disney things that make a vacation.

I agree but Pete Werner said this perfectly today on the Disunplugged podcast. Disney executives are tone deaf and short sighted. Unless we continue to see attendance drop and possibly revenue nothing is going to change. Stock holders love Bob Iger because of the stock prices but park lovers seem to not love bob so much...

I've said many times on these boards that Disney seems to have lost its way and its vision. Unfortunately, I don't see them doing anything until attendance and $$ at the parks take a severe nose dive.

NOTE: He did NOT clearly say that PTN would start in January, he said that MSEP would start in DL in January. Context could go either way but I it could be his sources only have DL information.

MY OPINION: PTN is in excellent condition and could probably be started fairly easily at WDW while MSEP is probably in need of a good cleaning, maintenance etc to be a replacement out there. Magic Kingdom 45th birthday starts in October so who knows what will happen.

I hope you're right!

Just BOO to all of this.

This has clearly been in the works all along and they didn't think people spending lots of money travelling to the parks deserved to know.

It's sad. MSEP is one of those unique non-IP Disney things that make a vacation.

I've said many times on these boards that Disney seems to have lost its way and its vision. Unfortunately, I don't see them doing anything until attendance and $$ at the parks take a severe nose dive.

When sales start to slide, some companies decide it's time to up their game. Disney has decided to go the polar opposite direction and pull back on their offerings.

When sales start to slide, some companies decide it's time to up their game. Disney has decided to go the polar opposite direction and pull back on their offerings.

Enhancements like purple magic bands and handleless mugs and $100 pin quests don't just invent themselves.

Enhancements like purple magic bands and handleless mugs and $100 pin quests don't just invent themselves.

I have this vision that their marketing staff is sitting around a conference room wondering what went wrong since these very ..... enticing......... new offerings somehow resulted in a 20% slide in attendance. :rolleyes1

So I'm confused now though, why were the dining options released if there wasn't going to be a parade at all until January? I'd have to say the parade returns sooner than later.

My guess is that they put the parade dining package together IN ANTICIPATION of PTN parade coming to WDW because it is SO popular at DL and such a good parade, they had a lot of success with the PTN dining packages and special viewing areas so they knew they could do the same at WDW with similar success. People were lining up several hours ahead of time to watch PTN. If it comes to WDW, they will NEED to have a similar offering for crowd control purposes. So, it is offered as the MSEP dining package and will simply change to the PTN package once that parade arrives.

I will be sad to see it go but it truly is a spectacular parade and is just what MK needs for its 45th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter