• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor: MSEP closing?!

How can they end MSEP but still offer the MSEP Dining Package at Tony's Town Square? I have this booked for lunch on Nov 2nd. If MSEP ends, I assume they will have something else new ready to start or they wouldn't be able to offer the dining package. At least I hope so.
You must have been reading my mind! They have to have some type of replacement...

On a good note... You will know what is happening with plenty of time to cancel.... Maybe make a plan b reservation just in case?

You must have been reading my mind! They have to have some type of replacement...

On a good note... You will know what is happening with plenty of time to cancel.... Maybe make a plan b reservation just in case?

Good idea

I get it; I really do. :hug: But remember, he'll never miss those things because he has never done them (and he may not even know about them?)! But I will agree that planning ADRs has been tough! And who knows, WDW *could* get something new to replace MSEP!
Don't get your hopes up ;)

After selling (well, sorta)... a whole new event at Tony's to watch the night time parade, which I know is still planned for late Sept (our reservation has not been cancelled) I can't imagine them NOT having something... Maybe PTN... Maybe not..... I doubt that it is something new as there is no way they wouldn't have made a big deal about it, but we will see... I just hope they don't make it a "cavalcade"... That is really my only concern... If they do, oh well... more time to ride rides I guess...
I am almost certain PTN won't be coming to WDW. Disney also could very well still cancel those reservations. It's in the terms and conditions when you book it.

MSEP will always hold a special place in my heart because I remember it from my early years but ugh...I'm still bitter about them taking away Spectro! I would love for PTN to be moved over to WDW because I'm over MSEP.

It might be better to be realistic though. However, you can still hope for the best. Let's just hope they don't replace MSEP with CMs dancing around with glow necklaces, flashlights, and glow with the no show gear:rolleyes:

How about "cautiously optimistic"? And though I hope that it is not replaced with your "vision," I think that I would be entertained!!! It would be so pitiful that one would have to laugh...

@KT0191 - I am nostalgic about MSEP, too. But my kids just have no appreciation for it. :sad1:

Somehow I never saw Specto, so I can't compare. DH and I did catch some of PTN at Disneyland and were blown away! So I think something like would be incredible...and worth the wait.

I loved SPECTROMAGIC and they got rid of that. I've seen PAINT THE NIGHT, it's not bad, everyone has there own tastes. I always thought Spectro was better than the Electrical Parade. Sometimes change is good, many will like "Paint the Night" if it comes. It IS different, just not equal IMO.

:headache: Ok, I'm getting irritated with our fall trip losing things. No Big Thunder, Dinosaur Refurb extended, no advertised super late AK or possible Jungle Book/ROL, now maybe no nighttime MK parade? What the heck is going on?!?
Take take take!! >:(

This is exactly my concern! :mad: My next trip is in November and I'm getting more and more bummed about all of this. It's also my boyfriends first trip, so I'm upset he'll miss out on seeing/experiencing some of these things (some maybe forever! :sad1:).

#thanksshanghai

:headache: Ok, I'm getting irritated with our fall trip losing things. No Big Thunder, Dinosaur Refurb extended, no advertised super late AK or possible Jungle Book/ROL, now maybe no nighttime MK parade? What the heck is going on?!?
Take take take!! >:(

This is exactly my concern! :mad: My next trip is in November and I'm getting more and more bummed about all of this. It's also my boyfriends first trip, so I'm upset he'll miss out on seeing/experiencing some of these things (some maybe forever! :sad1:).

I think both of you should send an email to Disney Customer Service and let them know how you feel. Also let them know that the way they are operating my dissuade you from booking future trips. It won't change anything immediately, and may have no impact on your upcoming trip, but the more people that write in telling Disney they won't be visiting them due to the way they operate should eventually get them to change.

Only when the bottom line is in risk will they change their ways. If enough people start telling Disney that they won't be giving Disney their money, that may grease the wheel.

Speak with your wallets.

Have to say I agree with most of you about the nighttime schedules being painfully slow as the DHS and AK hours update are the last piece in the puzzle for my trip.

I'm going in Nov and desperate to sort out SW fireworks Dessert Party and AK ROL bookings (but if it's still not on, think I might give the Jungle book thing a miss).

AS for MSEP I'm staying positive it is in my plans to attend so I have decided that until Disney tell me it's not on, it is on, (Although you'll probably still find me milling about by the parade route even it they do tell me it finished)

Also I couldn't see them closing it and not replacing it with anything else, as they need it to sell all their flashing tat (sorry bit harsh as normally do buy something, (yes I am a sucker) lol) they have on those carts -as from a distance they look like a very small Rave is going on. :hippie:

I am almost certain PTN won't be coming to WDW. Disney also could very well still cancel those reservations. It's in the terms and conditions when you book it.

I absolutely understand the terms and the conditions... I understand that they CAN do that... Maybe I am giving Disney too much credit, but whatever the plan is was probably something they thought about before they even mentioned the nighttime parade seating at Tony's. It isn't like they have been having Tony's do that for months on end... To me... It sounds like they were subtly testing the idea out first with MSEP... Maybe I am giving them too much credit... But a parade change to anything other than a small cavalcade takes some prep time. Even if it was FoF running at night, they would still need time...

Of course, maybe they are going the DL way and not doing parades every night... It is on the schedule right now (I know before you say it "they can change the schedule").... If they changed it though, I think that would cause even more kickback when people got there and didn't get to a see a parade.... I can't even imagine the kind of lines that would create... People expect their trip to be perfect... most people don't keep checking the schedule to make sure nothing has changed... and then a section of those people will go and complain about how they didn't get what they were "promised".

I think both of you should send an email to Disney Customer Service and let them know how you feel. Also let them know that the way they are operating my dissuade you from booking future trips. It won't change anything immediately, and may have no impact on your upcoming trip, but the more people that write in telling Disney they won't be visiting them due to the way they operate should eventually get them to change.

Only when the bottom line is in risk will they change their ways. If enough people start telling Disney that they won't be giving Disney their money, that may grease the wheel.

Speak with your wallets.

People already are.

In the last earnings call WDW attendance was noticeably down.

But it also said revenue was up. They interpreted that as they have it "priced right."
(Plus, DLR attendance made up the difference).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter