RUMOR HAS IT... (My Dec 2007 Disney Vacation)

SO we head over to Liberty Tree Tavern. The girls wait outside while coach and I go to check in, we didn't want Coley to know that we were planning a surprise for her.

We were early, they weren't ready to serve dinner yet, so we just gave our names and ordered a cake for coley, then we called the girls in to sit and wait with us. I love this place and took lot's of pictures, (which I wish I could post) Coach and I decided to head up to the bathroom before the place got busy, we went upstairs and I thought it would be great to get a picture of the girls while I was looking down on them from the balcony. That's when I heard Reese say "I love my mom, just not at Disney." It broke my heart:sad1: I wondered what I had done to make her feel this way. Then she looked up and saw me, I tried to act like I hadn't heard her and just said smile, the picture turned out nice, but looking at it brings back that wretched feeling in my gut.

After we went back downstairs it wasn't long before the characters came out on the balcony and waved down to us, I snapped more pictures, I had my camera ready at all times because I didn't want to miss anything.

None of us were that hungry, but we were excited to be there, we were seated in the back of the restaraunt, the salad was good, I ate lots of it so did Coach, the girls thought it was icky. the characters made it to us before our food even came, which is nice, usually they show up just as I shove a spoon load of food into my mouth.

Minnie was the first to visit, she noticed it was COleys birthday and started clapping then gave her a hug. Pluto was next, he was quick to get in and out of there, we all got our pictures with him though, he was more about the little kids. I know I am 30ish but in Disney years I am still 5:lmao:
Chip came through he danced around Coley when he spotted her Birthday button, then Dale came over, Chip pointed to Coley's button and then they both jumped up and down and made a big deal over it. Coley was eating it up, she loves attention and this was perfect for her.
Goofy came over he gave Coley a thumbs up, he is the only character that I stood up to get my picture with. Everyone else I stayed seated, but in order to give a proper hug one must be standing, and it's not that the other characters weren't worthy of a proper hug, I was just saving all my love for the Goofster.

Our food came and we really tried to eat alot but we were still pretty full from Pecos Bill. I learned that too many of our TS meals were booked too early to lunch time, we are late eaters in this family, sometimes dinner doesn't happen till 8:00pm, but Coach doesn't eat after 7:00pm, it's part of her new lifestyle change, I wanted to honor that, but really I was always full at dinner then hungry come 10:00pm.

We finished what we could and our waitress cleared our table, then she came back with all the characters and alot of the wait staff, they presented Coley with a cake and sang happy Birthday to her, she was looking around the room at everyone and nodding, pointing to herself, "Yup, that's me, it's my Birthday, I am Coley." I have it on video, it's really cute to see. They also gave her a card signed by all the characters. The cake was chocolate and so gooooood, I only had a bite cause I also wanted to have the dessert that came with dinner. Apple cobbler and vanilla ice cream, looooved it, but still only managed a few bites of that as well, I was about to explode.

We paid our bill, which was only $12.00 for the cake, I wanted to pay for half of it, but Coach wouldn't allow it.

We decided to just browse the stores, the girls found a bench to sit on and coach and I went into Ye Olde Christmas shoppe, it was a bit crowded for me, I did a quick run through then left to go sit with the girls, only they had found a couple of boys to talk to , so I went across the way and called my mom, told her she really needed to take a trip to Disney, and she agreed, I was floored, she has always said no, now she is up for it. We talk until Coach comes out of the store, she had a pretty full bag.

We all gathered to see what we should do next. Coach and I wanted to go see Wilderness Lodge, the girls wanted to do Downtown disney. I wouldn't allow Reese to go there without an adult, it's not likei t's enclosed, I didn't think it was safe, Reese was so angry with me, but I had to stand my ground, so I said I would go to DTD with the girls and COach would check out WL and take pics of it. We left the park and that's when we found out that we could all take the boat to WL and then catch a bus to DTD, everybody wins.

We get to the boat landing at it's ready to go, we hop on quick and find seats in the back of the boat, we sat outside and it was so gorgeous, then the fireworks started to go off at MK, it was perfect. then COach handed a box to Reese and another to Coley, they opened them, Coach had gotten each of them a Cheerleader Minnie. Very nice of her. Reese loved it, Coley did too, but Reese really went on and on about it, then she noticed it was missing a pompom, I said we could exchange it at DTD. Coach wasn't sure if we could because she had bought it at a different park. But I have a way with returning and exchanging things, I knew there wouldn't be a problem, plus we were at Disney, they want us to be happy.

We exit the boat at WL. I loved it from the start, the whole theming is so gorgeous. I am a very woodsy outdoorsy kinda girl, I loved this. I still don't know if I would pay all that $$$ to stay there though, a visit was nice enough.

Inside I took all kinds of pictures, then we made our way to the bus stop. There was a nice couple waiting for the bus, they were going dancing at DTD. Coley anounced to them it was her birthday, he guessed to her be 14, close 15, then he asked if Reese was her little sister, she said no just friends and then told the guy to guess Reese's age, he guessed 11. Are you kidding me? No way does she look 11. It's wierd though cause the night before at Planet Hollywood the waiter thought she was 9 and gave her a childs menu at first.

The bus was empty when it came, then it made a few stops, I don't like that WL shares transportation with other resorts, that reason alone would keep me from staying at WL. By the time we got to DTD we were packed in like sardines, it smalled like sardines too. Not me, I didn't stink, my very berry lotion was still quite noticable.

First thing we did was go exchange the ornament, and there wasn't a single problem, easy as pie I tell ya. The girls wanted to go off on their own, I was so against it, but finally gave in and told Reese to not leave with anybody, don't help someone who says they are looking for a lost puppy, don't let some perv con you into carrying a box to his car cause he has a bad back. She answers, "I'm not stupid." I know she isn't stupid, but all moms worry like this right? and we have to tell them things like this to help us feel better about them going off with out us.

Coach and I got our shop on after that. I went and bought the wallet Reese was looking at the night before. IT was pink plaid with a green Minnie mouse embroidered onto it. IT was going to be a christmas present. We went into the soap store, it smelled so good, I wanted to buy so much, but the whole nonpayment from Sears and having to up the insurance thing was on my mind and I refrained.

Coach and I went back to the beginning of DTD and grabbed a table outside of the scrapbook store to wait for the girls, they were late by 10 minutes, I called Reese and she said that Coley was still in line at the Virgin store, so I gave them another hour to make it back to our meeting spot. I called my mom again, and then called my sister, kent and Jimmy. Kent had gotten an insurance quote and it was within reason, so I felt a little better. Jimmy said he was having some friends over that weekend, they were going to work on their music. IT made me feel better to know that Jim wasn't going to be spending his weekend home alone doing nothing. I think the whole time I was at Disney I talked to jim more than I did Kent.

Coach and I just sat and people watched for a bit, she journaled a bit about our day, Reese called sounding royally ticked. "Where are you, we have been waiting here forever for you?" I said I am at our meeting spot, I have been here for the past hour. "Well I don't see you." The girls had gone to the bustop, I guess they weren't really paying attention when we told them where outr meeting spot was, I didn't want them going to the bus stop alone. So Coach and I get to the bus stop and there they are. I was ready to lay into Reese about not listening to me, but she handed me a candy apple. "I know they are your favorite." She had used her own money to spend on me, I could have bawled. I ended up not laying into her, I just hugged her, and in a moment of weekness I also gave her the wallet that was supposed to be a present at Christmas.:confused3

The bus ride back was pretty empty. The girls jumped off the bus and left us in the dust, so coach and I decided to go to merchandise pick up and get the picture we ordered from the day before. IT was a very long wait. They had moved it to the dining area because they were so busy. All the chairs they had provided were taken so we just stood along the wall, all eyes were on us, it seriously looked like they were all there to see us, it probably didn't help that the 2 of us were extremely slap happy and we found everything to be funny, then we start with the dares again. She dared me to put on my google eye glasses and act as if nothing was wrong, so I did. One customer started throwing a fit because her merchandise had been sent to a different resort. They said they would send someone there to get it, but the lady was mad that she had to wait even longer and said she wanted some sort of compensation. Just then the CM looked at me and busted out laughing, the lady did not appreciate that, she thought the CM was laughing at her, then all the people sitting around started laughing too, I played along, asking coach very loudly, what's so funny? is there something in my teeth? Is it my hair, this just made the CM laugh harder, the lady stormed out of there. The cm told me I needed to get those glasses off before I got her fired. "What glasses?, these are my real eyes, I know they stick out far, it's hard to keep contacts in." Coach lost it then and slid down the wall laughing. It was good times.

WE finally got our picture then headed back to the room, Reese was coming out as we were headed in, I dropped of my bag and then went out to talk to her. We got a hot chocoate and went and sat by the pool. I told her that I had over heard what she said to Coley at LTT. she blushed a bit. I asked her what I did to make her feel that way and she told me I was over bearing, not letting her do her own thing, wanting to take her picture everywhere and everytine she did manage to get away I would call her 40 times (that was an exageration) and that I was treating her like a 4 year old instead of a girl who was almost 14. I told her I didn't want to ruin her trip but I wanted us to share it together, we talked alot about this and then I finally agreed that I would let up a bit, let her do her thing as along as we could do the big rides and meals together, she agreed. COley called right then to tell Reese that their CM friends were out and asking for her so we said goodbye, I gave her a midnight curfew then I went up to the room.

I hadn't noticed earlier but balloons and a picture signed by all the main Disney characters was waiting in the room for Coley. I hoped they would do the same for me on my B-day.

I jumped in the shower while Coach put all my pictures onto a disc for me. Then I ate a granola bar and drank one of our waters. Watched a little T.V. then lights out. I was sleeping hard when coley and Reese came in. I woke for a few minutes to ask if they had fun, they said yeah, then I was back to sleep. When Reese climbed into bed she leaned over and kissed my cheek, "I love you Mommy." I smile "I love you too baby girl."

That's when I heard Reese say "I love my mom, just not at Disney." It broke my heart:sad1:

I was sleeping hard when coley and Reese came in. I woke for a few minutes to ask if they had fun, they said yeah, then I was back to sleep. When Reese climbed into bed she leaned over and kissed my cheek, "I love you Mommy." I smile "I love you too baby girl."

That made the whole day worth it, I'm sure! I can understand everything you are going through with her. Our 'only' daughter just did the college program and she'd call and tell me she was WALKING to DTD by herself!!! I was so worried, she likes to run and walk and she does this all alone! I hated that I worry so much, but she is my daughter and I guess I will always worry. I so glad Reese came in and told you she loved you that night.

Oh, and I bought that same wallet (and matching purse), but for MYSELF!!! I loved it, so cute.

:sad2: :hug: Is it wrong of me to slightly dread those teenage years? My stepdaughter is coming up on those quickly, but luckily my two little ones have awhile. I am remembering myself back at that age and all the horrible things I probably said about my mother to my friends in her absence...But when it all came down to it, I loved my mother more than anything. Yeah, she drove me nuts sometimes and I know for sure I was no peach a lot of the time. But that all comes with being FAMILY! It still hurts to hear something like that though! Oh, and I know what you mean about the solo trip. To me, part of the joy of vacations is sharing it with someone you love. I would miss the shared memory. But, at the same time, if it got me to Disney....Hopefully your mamma will take a trip with you. I would have loved it if I would have been able to take a Disney trip with my mom as an adult. Our last one together was when I was about Reese's age and it still holds it's place as one of the best memories of my life. :angel:

Great update Ty!:goodvibes I am glad you and Reese had a nice ending to Coley's b-day, sounds like she had a good one. How did you like LTT overall? I am considering it for our next trip:confused3 Ty, if you're having the blues about Disney, you can follow along with me and my trip planning over on my Pre-TR;) (shameless plug I know):rotfl: Looking forward to more:thumbsup2

pjstevens I tell Reese all the time that she won't know what real worrying is until she has a child of her own. It starts from they minute they start kicking in the womb and never stops.

Reese has already lost her wallet from Disney.

xoprincessmomxo no there isn't anything worng with dreading the teenage years. They are rough, but they do come with lot's of pleasures too, I know Reese is growing up and doesn't need "MOM" hovering, it was the days of her no longer wanting me that I dread. But I know from experience that once she is older with her own kids she'll want me again.

dddisrunner Yea, it was a good day, I don't think COley can complain how she spent her 15th B-day at all.
YEs, I have the Disney Blues, we are talking about going back again in a year, but things are tight. I thought you were inviting me to go on your trip then i re-read it and you invited me along on your pre trip report. Shameless plug? You bet, but we all do it, I welcome anybody to plug their TR and PTR's on my report, that is how we make more friends right?

"Up and at'em. Today is going to be awesome. I am so excited. MGM, Tower of terror, Rock-n-rollercoaster, dinner at Sci-fi, let's do everything we missed last time." Reese just groans and rolls over. I was ready quick that day.

Temperature: a hot 80 degrees
lotion scent: Strawberry Fizz
lip gloss flavor of the day: Strawberry fizz, it was a package deal at victorias Secret.

I put on a pair of shorts and a striped shirt, plain and simple. I did however have trouble with socks that day, I wasn't going to wear any but I can't stand the feel of my crocs on bare feet, so socks it is. sweaty feet again.

Reese of course does the outfit dance again, it's a morning ritual. I am wayready to go before anybody else, Coach is ready close after me so we head down to the pop shop, her for coffee, me for hot chocolate, it was warm out already, so I skipped the hot chocolate and settle for juice instead, we grabbed a table by the pool and waited on the girls. I really didn't think they would go faster with us out of the room, we gave them half an hour, it was a wait and see game right now.

I was thinking, it's only day 3 of our vacation, I love that it's not flying by, I'm not even the slightest bit tired yet, I think it's because of the crocs, I was doing good. Still no blisters.

30 minutes go by, still no girls so we head back to the room, they are coming down the stairs as we are heading up, so Coach and I dump our mugs in the room then catch up to the girls.

The line for the MGM bus was massive, I knew we weren't getting on the next bus, and if by chance we made the second bus it would be standing room only. We chatted with 2 nice ladies from California, we asked them how the 2 Disneys compared, and they said they both have their charms but they like Disney World better because it has more to offer. I can believe that.

The bus comes and they have to load a handicap person first, there are 15 people in his party, and you know what? only 2 people got on the bus with him, the rest got in line and said they would meet them at the hat, the bus driver told them they could board now but the people said they would wait there turn. I have never seen that before. I told COach that on the boards here sometimes people are little put off that everyone in the party boards first, she shrugged, she's like that. We have nothing to do but wait anyway. So this bus fills up and the next one pullls in right after this one departs, it fills up right away, we chose to let others go before us because we did not want to stand that day, it was just too hot to start being jammed in with people so early in the day. we wait another 10 minutes and a new bus comes, we are first to board. I am thinking all the way there this place is going to be packed, all the fast pass times for RnR are gonna be used up, the standby lines are going to be an hour, I think all of this, but I say nothing.

The ropes drop just as we get in the park so we make our way to ToT, I am so ready for this ride, and this is the one ride that Coach said she had to do or die. We stop of course and take lots of pictures, you can already hear the screams of the people riding it now, my heart swells with excitement. I ask Reese if she is going to ride and she says yes, so we keep making our way to the line, we take more pictures of the sign, there was a girl who would not get out of the way for our picture, so I finally told her if she's going to be in our picture then we need it to look like we know you, so come stand closer to us. She looked apalled and walked away. Coach laughed at this, and told me I was impatient. I just want you all to know that I was in no way snotty when I said this to the girl, I was smiling and even extended my hand out to her to come link arms with us.

Ok, back to ToT, it was a long walk up to the line, or no line actually, there wasn't even a wait time, we went right into our library room, I was snapping pictures left and right, I never noticed too much detail last time, this time I was visually and kodaKly (it's a word now) sucking it all in.

The doors close, the lights go out, tiny wimpers are heard, it's me, I'll be honest, but they were little wimpers of joy, I was trying not to shout out OMG, it's MGM's ToT, I just felt all kinds of nestalgia being back here. remembering the first time I rode this and still as excited this time. It never gets old, it never will. I listen and watch as they tell the story of how this hotel became what it is today. The lights come on I start to move towards the door, but they don't open.
Really it's hard to explain in writing how this next part goes down, but I will do my best to create for you the whole story.

CM: I am sorry but your rooms are not quite ready yet, so unfortunately you are stuck here for another 15 minutes.

ME: aaaahhhh, is it broken down? (my mind starts racing here, that's ok, we got all day for them to get it up and running, she did say 15 minutes so really maybe it's something small, maybe a barf incident, gosh I hope they get the smell out, maybe we won't get put in that car......)

CM: but you know Disney is hosting the year of a millions dreams.

ME: wha..

CM: and all of you in here.

ME: wooooooooow

CM: have been selected

ME: noooooooo (arms in the air jumping up and down)

CM: as winners

ME: YEEESSSSSS (running in circles)

CM: and will receive

ME: I won a dream! I won! I won!

CM: Dream fastpasses.

ME: :woohoo: :banana: :yay:

Coach::sad2:

Reese::lmao: at me

Coley::confused3

diza.jpg
[/IMG]

dizg.jpg
[/IMG]

I so could not believe it. Now I can die, but not really I still had 4 days of Disney vacation left, but you get what I mean. I wanted to win a dream, I didn't care what dream, I just wanted one and this one was cool.

We make our way onto the ride. the CM's playinging their parts to the hilt, I want their job by the way. We are in the front, it made me feel a little vulnerable, like if something were to break off and hit someone, it's be me, well more likely it'd be Reese because she has that kind of sour luck, we don't call her Murphy for nothing. We get all buckled in and Reese starts with her, "What if I die?" I answer "I get your fast passes then." Coach just laughs, cause that's what Coach does, she is our designated laugher and never misses a cue.

We go up and the show starts, Coach laughing and saying "Oh my Gawd." Reese just freaking out and Coley yelling "when do we fall, do they tell us?" The drop was nice, it did it's job, which is to put your stomache in your throat. it dropped again and again. The ride is over and we disembark making sure to take all of our belongings with us. we check out our picture, I didn't snap one with the camera because i had my video camera on so it's there, but Coley has her hand on top of Reese head, why? Who knows:confused3

We browse the shop for a few, I call my mom and tell her I won a dream, "Oh, honey that's nice." She is clueless, my excitement is wasted on her, so I call Kent at work, he is a little more excited for me, well he acted excited anyway, I say I will take what I can get, but really, it's not enough, so I call Jim at school, risking him getting his cell phone taken if a teacher hears it ring, it goes straight to his voice mail, good boy Jim, I leave him a message, then call my sister at work, now here is where I get what I needed, she anounced it to all her co workers and patients that her baby sister has just won a dream at Disney world, I can hear the applause, my sister never lets me down.

We make our way over to RnR, ready to use our fastpass, maybe grab one from the machine too, but the stanby line says 10 minutes, we can't wait a fastpass here, we'll use it later, when we really need it. We walked right up into the recording studio, they closed the doors just after us. I alway slove seeing Aerosmith, I said to Coley that they must get real tired of having to say the same thing over and over all day. For a second I know she believed me.
The doors open and you can hear the roaring of the car engine and screeching of the tires, I am immediatley separated from my group, I got squashed into the wall while thousands of people mad rushed to make sure they didn't miss the concert. The sad thing is my posses didn't even know I was missing:sad2:

I had to butt in front of people and say excuse me a bazillion times till I got caught up. I was nervous for this ride, I hate that feeling of zero to whatever in just seconds, the stomache is not meant to be plastered flat against your spine, it's just not! I even thought of backing out, Coach said there was no doing that. I'd never live that down anyway, so I got in the limo, checked and double checked that my harness would hold.

We all said we would pose cool for the cameras, I said I would do my best but there is no telling how cool it would look, it's hard to look cool when you are jet blasted into the abyss.

The ride inches us forward, I'm ready, I'm waiting, hurry up, I might not be ready in another second, screeeeeeeeeeech, That's the tires, not me. I think I did ok with the cool pose. We are all over the place, Coach is laughing, cause remember that is her job, she deserves a raise, Coley and Reese are screaming like banchees, I am yelling ouch and wow with every hair pin turn and cork screw, I'd like to believe that this is where my ovary twisted and I really think that Disney should add this to their warning signs,

If you have back or neck problems, are pregnant or have twistable ovaries, do not ride.

Of course how can anybody know for sure if they have twistable ovaries, so a sign like... MAY CAUSE YOUR OVARIES TO TWIST...RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK! would work better.

The ride was over faster than I wanted it to be, it was good times. We exited and went to look at our picture, I think I did ok. Coach failed the posing cool part if you aske me.

dizc.jpg
[/IMG]

I snapped a picture of it, and then we all shopped a bit, I got some guitar picks for Jim, we left and went outside to take more pictures.

dizb.jpg
[/IMG]

All I can say is, Wow I look tan in this picture, I swear I didn't fake bake before I went, I just soak up the sun fast.

We decided to head over to the other side of the park and see what it had to offer. On the way we ran into a guy who was sitting on some suitcases, he said he was on his way to Hollywood to get famous. I asked if he would pose for a picture with me, he said what for? I told him it would make him famous, he got all kinds of happy, did a little dance. So we got our pic together, Then Reese introduced herself as Hannah Montana, he got even more excited "Shut the front door." he said and wanted his picture with her, it was fun, then he gathered his stuff up and said he had to catch his bus, as he was leaving he was telling people that Hannah Montana was here and pointing at Reese. She loved it.

dize.jpg
[/IMG]

Coach decided right then and there that she wants to retire in FL. and work at Disney as a street actor.

We kept making our way to somehwere, where ever the road took us is where we went. We ended up at the little mermaid, a show was starting in 5 minutes, we used our fastpasses although really we didn't need to.

I really loved this show, The little Mermaid is one of my favorites, and the actress playing Ariel was so perfect, I got teary eyed, I couldn't believe I had skipped this the first time I went, I was livid with myself for a minute, but then I simmered down and just enjoyed the magic. I do wish the show was a little longer, but I understand why they had to do it that way.

We exited and had to look on the map to figure out what we wanted to do next, we decided to go on the Great Movie ride. We passed Donald and Daisy meet-n-greet on the way, the line had been closed, I was so bummed, I wanted to meet Daisy.

The line for TGMR wasn't very long, we waited 10 minutes maybe, I wasn't all that thrilled with it, I did love the Wizard of Oz part, would I ride it again? Yea, of course.

We came off the ride and Donald and Daisy were on their way out again, so I jumped in line and got to meet Daisy, she is a sweet duck.

Reese was doing horrible by now, she was whiney, her knees hurt and she was so tired she felt sick, plus she skipped breakfast, so we all thought it would be a good idea to grab some lunch now, and I thought Reese would feel better after she ate and took some motrin.

We went to see if maybe we could switch our ADR's at Sci-Fi from dinner to lunch but they didn't have anything available, from the way Reese looked I was thinking she wasn't going to make it till dinner. We ended up going to Toy story Pizza Planet, yet another place I feel foolish for skipping out on last time. I really messed that park visit up. But I was making sure to redeem myself where I could. The girls grabbed us a table outside, Reese put her feet up and her knee was so swollen, I could tell she was close to tears, I was ready to cry for her. Coach and I got in line. We all got Pizza and salad, I got Reese and I cookies for Dessert, Coach got Coley the cookie too but didn't want dessert, I had to fix her right way, "Dude, you already paid for it, get it and save it for later." She got a rice krispy treat and apologized to me for almost ruining my whole trip. I knew it was a joke, that was actually Reese and Coleys favorite thing to say to eachother.

We dug into our food, the pizza was yummo, the salad was fresh, the cookie was moist, I was in heaven, Reese was still in pain, she asked if she could go back to the room, I didn't want her to go alone, so I said I would take her and meet Coach and Coley somewhere when I got back, but Coley said she wanted to go back to the room too and straighten her hair for dinner. So the plan was to let the girls head back alone, call us as soon as they got to the room. Reese would sleep, Coley would shower, and we would all meet for dinner at Sci-Fi that night.

I hugged Reese and kissed her goodbye, I was letting her do a grown up thing by allowing her to go back to the room without me and by letting her do that I was growing too.

Ty, YOU WON A DREAM!!:cool1: :thumbsup2 That is AWESOME! I was soooo hoping you would after all that build up for your trip!:dance3: :yay: Poor Reese!:sad2: I hope she is able to recover and bounce back:confused3 I know how hard it is to do Disney with bum equipment.(knees,legs, etc.):goodvibes Looking forward to more!:surfweb:

Awesome update!!

Woohoo on the fast passses. Didn't it make you feel famous?? Did everyone stare?? I LOVE IT!!!!

I'm glad to see you got your pics going. We didn't pay too much attention to the street performers when we were there, but I will be making up for it when I go back. They look so funny.

Your a good mom letting Reese go alone. Mine wouldn't leave my side for nuttin!! I can't wait to hear how it went.

Fantastico update!

Will you be at the cheer event at U of DE tomorrow? If so, see you there!

MousekaMaddi Thank you. I am glad you like the report so far. The whole trip was so much fun.

dddisrunner Yes! a dream, that's all I wanted no matter how big or small.

ILMICKEY I didn't feel famous, just super special, people did stare so I ended up keeping the fastpass in my bag.
It took forever to get those pics uploaded, but I kept at it just for you. :)

ElizaB39 Hey there, we don't have any comps until March 29th, and we still don't know if we're doing the one in Philly or the local one here in York. How's your DD's squad doing?

OMG you won Fastpasses! That is SOOOOOOO COOOOOOLLLLL:cool1:
We only saw the DREAM TEAM I think maybe 3 times and all the times we were in Epcot and they always went the other way! I did get excited though on day 2 because we were asked to do a survey and I was like OH YEAH DREAM TEAM!! We won a night in Cinderella's suite. BUT NO ! it was an actual SURVEY!:scared: :scared: :confused3
So CONGRATS TO YOU FOR GETTING A DREAM!
I hope Resse's knee is feeling better!

So I left off with Reese and Coley heading back to Pop for a nap.

Coach and I walked around taking pictures of everything outside of Muppets
3-D then went in for the show, I wanted to see if the key was under the mat, at first I didn't see it, it blends in so well with the carpet, but then there it was, glued down. I took lot's of pictures inside before going and taking our seats in the theater. I was looking forward to this, I really enjoyed it last time. and as always it was really cute, the only thing is the person behind me kicked my chair through the whole thing no matter how many times I turned around and gave the evil eye he didn't stop, I asked him finally to stop kicking my chair and he said the aisles were to small for his long legs.:confused3 why does he have to kick my chair? SO I just tried to ignore it. when the show let out coach said she felt the kicking the whole time too.

We then headed over to ride Star Tours, this ride makes me queezy and i didn't want to go, but Coach did and she didn't want to ride alone, I told her to wait for when Coley came back but she really wanted to go now, so I went, the upside is i took lots of pictures. There wasn't a line so there wasn't a need to use our dream fast passes. we were right up in the front on the ride, I don't know if it makes a difference where you sit on this ride, but the queeziness was minimal and once the ride stopped so did the sick feeling. we walked around in the shop a bit, neither of us sure of what we wanted to do next. We stepped outside and looked at our map, and decided to go take in the Indiana jones stunt spectacular. I wasn't the least bit excited for this, it was just something to do, we get there and again no line, so need to use the fast passes. we walked in just as it started and we had great seats, no hats or big heads in my view. From the very beginning I got chills watching this, it was really neat and I kept thinking that Kent and Jim would have enjoyed this, why did we skip it last time? I knew my mom would love it too and was already putting it on the mental list for our trip, whenever that would be. I tried taking pictures but all my pictures came out dark, I don't think my flash reached that far. Coach managed to get some pretty decent pictures though, I was wishing I had kept the video camera with me, I forgot to grab it from Reese's bag before she left.

Once it was over we headed over to pick a spot for the parade, I called Coley and she said that Reese was asleep, i just wanted to make sure they had gotten back to the hotel safely, they were supposed to call but both forgot.

The parade was so cute, I was snapping pictures like crazy, so was coach, I said I wanted to video the parade on our next MGM day. Pluto wasn't paying attention and he ran right into me, then he just patted me on my head. OK:confused3

After the parade we headed over to get pictures with Woody and Buzz, we had some time to kill before they were scheduled to come back out again, so we took a seat on the bench and soaked up the sun. I called my mom and was excitedly telling her about MGM and Indiana Jones, that's when she told me she was too depressed to even think about Disney. My brother had just lost his job do to cutbacks, I wanted to cry. He just bought a new truck and he and Lola moved to a bigger apartment so rent was higher and they have a baby on the way, I felt guilty for being at Disney right then, I felt even more guilty for wishing my Mom hadn't told me this news, couldn't she have waited until my trip was over. She knows that Matt and me are so close and that I would worry about him the whole time. I hung up with her and called Matt, he was nowhere near the depths of despair that my Mom was. He told me he had enough in savings to carry them through till he gets a new job and that Lola made enough to take care of everything should his savings run out. He called this a blessing in disguise because now he would go back to school and graduate before the baby made her debut, probably even have a better job too. He had stopped going to school after he had gotten this job, the money was amazing for a kid his age, but I felt his education and money my parents put out for it was being wasted, but now he was going back. He told me to not worry about anything, just enjoy Disney to its fullest.

A young couple had showed up to get pictures with Buzz and Woody, their little girl was not a happy camper, she looked tired and hot and just kept screaming, the Dad was saying she needed a nap, the Mom was saying after she got her pictures with the characters she could sleep, the Dad didn't care about pictures at this point, the mom said they saved for 2 years for this vacation and they were getting pictures with the characters. The little girl was hysterical so the Dad picked her up and was walking with her, then the Mom freaked out on him because the girl was close to falling asleep. Coach T who always minds her own business spoke up and said "let her sleep, she can still get her pictures with the characters, just have Dad hold her, it will make for a cute story when you get home." The mom said she wanted her daughter to remember the characters. Hello, the kid was like 3 at the most! Needless to say the couple left with their sleeping daughter before the characters came out.

A line started to form so we headed over to Buzz's line first, Coach T was freaked out by him and refused to get her picture with him, she said it was something about those big eyes of his. Instead she helped other parents wrangle their kids, and get half decent pictures. she used my camera and got pictures of me with buzz, I don't know if I mentioned this earlier but when Coach would take pictures of me with characters she didn't jst take 1 posed pictures, she would snap away and get everything, I loved that.

dizj.jpg
[/IMG]

See that bruise on my arm? That bruise was over a week old, at one time it was huge and looked like a purple heart, I got it from coaching Red Lion, Reese was doing a straight up extended liberty and fell to the side, I caught her, but her elbow went right into my arm. anyway.....I got Buzz to stamp his autograph for me and one for Coley since she was missing out.

Next we got in line for woody, he truly is a gentleman cowboy, he kissed my hand and hugged me and posed for all kinds of pictures, then the photographer asked if Coach wanted her pic with Woody, she declined, so Woody came over and took her by the hand and Waltzed her around, it was almost romantic, she had my camera so I wasn't able to get pictures of it, but the photopass dude was snapping pics left and right.

dizi.jpg
[/IMG]

After this we just walked around the streets of America taking more pictures, I can't believe there was so much to see and I missed it all my first time there, maybe Jim would have wanted to come again if he knew how much we had actually missed out on.

We chose not to do the stunt show or the back lot tour without the girls, we would do that later in the evening or when we came back for our 2nd MGM day later in the week.

Our ADR's were still 2 hours away so we spent alot of time shopping, not really finding anything to buy. I wanted a certain pair of mouse ears but couldn't find them anywhere. It was getting close to the time to meet the girls so we started heading over to the sorcerers, and on the way we ran into.....

dizh.jpg
[/IMG]

I was elated, how cool is this. Reese would be bummed that she missed it.

At the hat High School Musical was going so i knew it would be hard to find Reese and COley, I also knew they wouldn't hear their phones ring, so I stood on a bench and spotted them, they could not see me, I swear at times they looked right at me and I would wave frantically only to have them look away.
Then I spotted my mouse ears, I made my way over to the cart and I bought up the last pair. By the time I paid for them and stuck them on my head the girls had found me, Reese couldn't believe i was going to wear the ears, but I say it's all part of the Disney experience, and when I go back I will take those ears with me.

We started making our way over to Sci-Fi Dine inTheater and on the way we passed some Star Wars thing going on, I stopped and took some pictures. That Darth Vader is huge, he doesn't seem so scary on T.V. but up close he is intimidating. It was a cute show.

We had some time to wait for our ADR's they were packed and told us they were running 20 minutes behind, the did have a place available on the picnic benches in there but we wanted to wait for a car. so we made a potty stop and freshened up for dinner. Reese fell asleep waiting for them to call our names, we waited more like 30 minutes before they called us. I was so hungry. It took forever just to get our drinks, she brought them and we were ready to order our appetizers but she just gave us our drinks and said she would be back for our order in a minute, Reese fell asleep waiting, she finally came back and we ordered our appetizers, we told her we were ready with our whole order if it would save time she said she would get that order when she came back with our appetizers, luckily it didn't take too long for those to come. I had gotten the artichoke dip, mainly because I was craving tortilla chips, I never thought I would love the dips so much. (I want some now) Reese skipped the appetizer and just nibbled on some chips. when she gets really tired it makes her feel sick and she won't eat, even though I tell her that the food will give her enrgey and she will feel better. Our waitress came back with our food orders, I had gotten a chicken breast with bruchetta on it, Coach got steak, Coley got a hamburger and Reese ordered some pasta dish. She had also ordered an oreo cookie shake and the sugar was waking her up a bit.
I have to say I didn't enjoy this experience as much as I did the first time. I know my family fell in love with this place and I couldn't wait to go back, but it was really busy and our waitress had little time for us, we waited so long for everything, we had to ask for the check twice before she brought it. She wasn't a bad waitress, just a super busy one. I would still go again, think I would go for lunch though and not dinner, I like the lunch menu better. Coach and Coley liked this place too, it's a neat place to dine, I was just expecting it to be like it was the first time, and really it just made me miss Kent and Jim alot.

dizk.jpg
[/IMG]

After dinner we just parked ourselves on a bench to let our food settle. Reese was feeling much better by now and we were ready to hit more rides.

I will be back with the reast of this later, I want to try and get more pictures uploaded. But I will leave you with an idea of what's to come.

Reese gets trapped in a bathroom by a dozen screaming girls. Think about this while you wait and ask yourselves, What has Reese done now?

OMG you won Fastpasses! That is SOOOOOOO COOOOOOLLLLL:cool1:
We only saw the DREAM TEAM I think maybe 3 times and all the times we were in Epcot and they always went the other way! I did get excited though on day 2 because we were asked to do a survey and I was like OH YEAH DREAM TEAM!! We won a night in Cinderella's suite. BUT NO ! it was an actual SURVEY!:scared: :scared: :confused3
So CONGRATS TO YOU FOR GETTING A DREAM!
I hope Resse's knee is feeling better!

I tell you, nothing beats the feeling of winning a dream. I never saw the dream team again after that.

The same thing happened to Coach T and I on my birthday, we were asked to fill out a survey, I was sure we had won something big and here it was just a survey:surfweb: I thought maybe w would get something when we were finished like a pen or maybe a sticker, all we got was a thank you, which was nice, but a thnakyou followed by a "Here have this pen." would have been so much nicer.

Oh, I can't wait to hear what Reese did??!!! Another great update with great pics!

After dinner and then resting a bit we had planned to go use our fastpasses on ToT and RnR. We had said that specatcle of lights would be saved for our last day at MGM, which would also be our last night at Disney, what a nice way to end things right? But we somehow ended up at spectacle of lights and once we saw it we could not walk away from it.

Reese was in awe of it, I video taped her watching the lights more than I video taped the lights. Every year it's a tradition of ours to drive around at Christmas and look at everybodies light displays, when the kids were younger we made a huge deal of it, we would bring hot chocolate and cookies and sing carols. but Reese would get so upset if there were more lights on Jim's side of the car then hers and she would scream, "All I got is a piece of a junk"! So when Reese was looking at the lights and told me this was a far cry from a piece of a junk I had to laugh and cry.

SIDENOTE: Everything with Reese had an "OF A" in it. She would say do you have a lot of a money. Can I have more of a soda. she was a cute toddler.

Anyway, back to the lights, I loved the dancing lights and the snow, it didn't feel like christmas though, I guess cause I was in shorts and a T. but golly those lights were beautiful and so worth seeing. we slowly walked all around taking in everything, we didn't do alot of talking, we were too busy looking. I got rammed in the ankles by the same stroller 3 times within 5 minutes. I thought I had shut my camera off at this point, but at home we were watching it christmas day, and you can tell I didn't know the camera was on cause it was down by my side, but you can hear me saying "Hit me one more time with that stroller dude, I dare you." We all got a laugh out of that, then my dad said "Geese Ty, you're just like your mother." That was hurtful!!!!

tntlights.jpg
[/IMG]

This is Coach T and I. She loved the lights too, she kept saying "Oh, my gawd." I was so happy that she was enjoying herself, I think I worried way too much about this when planning for the trip."

dizl.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's Reese and Coley. Reese was feeling much better by now.

We spent about 45 minutes walking and looking and taking pictures of the lights before we started to make our way over to the big thrill rides. I don't know what made Reese do this but she told a family passing by that Hannah Montana was over at the lights, the family gasped and took off in that direction. Coley thought this was funny and told another passer by the same thing. Then Reese would say loudly "I can't believe I got Hannah Montana's autograph, a couple people asked her where and she said at the spectacle of lights. I got the video camera back out for this. The girls kept this up for the longest time, then when we got to Tower of terror a lady passed us by she was on her cell phone saying. "I heard she's at spectacle of lights, I am going there now, get Bridget and meet me there." All I could think of was if they are looking for Hannah, then poor Bridget.

Coach and Reese stopped to go potty before ToT and Coley and I waited outside for them. Coley kept up with the Hanna montana is here as people passed us. I was starting to get nervous thinking we were going to end up being kicked out for starting a riot. But it really got funny when people started telling us that Hanna montana was at the park signing autographs, one couple said they even got out of line for ToT to go see if they could find Hannah, I told them I just came from that way and didn't see Hannah at all, hoping that they would get back in line, I didn't want people to be uspet, honest.

It was 20 minutes before Reese and Coach came out of the bathroom. I asked Reese if she was feeling ok, she said yeah, she was just stuck in there with a swarm of Hannah Montana fans.

When they had gone in the bathroom Coach saw a few girls and thought she would carry on the rumor, so she said to Reese, "I didn't even know who Hannah Montana was until you got her autograph just now." Well the girls went hysterical asking all kinds of questions, Reese went into a stall thinking she could wait it out. She said she redid her hair, text'd a few friends and after a while she thought they were gone, so she came out and there were even more girls, and they cornered her, so Reese said, that Hannah was at Spectacle of lights but she was probably gone now, they asked if it was Hannah or Miley, was she singing, who was with her, did she get any pictures of her, did she say if she was coming back. Finally Reese was able to get out of there and we went to ToT.

ToT there was no line, we used our fastpasses anyway, the CM in the library was really creepy, he kept staring at Reese, she would say something to him, but he wouldn't answer back, when she would turn around he would pull her air or brush her arm, she would turn to him and he would just stare, she turned around and we all watched the T.V. with Rod, but Reese kept turning to look at him, he never flinched. then as we were exiting she gave him one last look as she turned back he blew on her arm and then took 2 steps to the side, she turne dback and he was gone, Reese yelled "WOW" and she looked like she had just saw a ghost, it was hilarious. We were laughing about that in line, I asked Reese to say into the Camera what had just happened, so she starts explaining it and says, "The guy didn't talk, I think he was foreign and didn't speak English." Coach and I lost it at this point. He spoke English, his name tag said he was from New Jersey. It's so much fun to laugh at reese and it didn't end with that. We got in our elevator seats and the CM was acting spooky, doing a real great job of it, he was getting ready to leave and then almost as an after thought he stopped and said to Reese in a normal none spooky way, "Could you do me a favor and give your restraint another tug." so she did, and he said "Good just wanted to make sure they fixed that." Then he closed the door on us. Reese wigged out, she thought he was serious, we had a hard time convincing her that he was joking just to scare her.

When the ride was over we went and checked out our picture, it was obvious Reese was not happy during that ride. Poor kid.

We headed over to RnR after that and used our fastpasses, we walked straight up into the recording studio, I was bored with it, I wanted to ride already. We finished the story and then was let out to get in line for the limo, the 2 CM's were talking about how Hannah Montana was at the park, the one CM said she had never even heard that hannah was coming, the other guy said they must have kept it a secret to keep the park from being swarmed, I bet some people got a sweet surprise. Then COach says to me "Or didn't."

The ride was awesome, didn't expect it to be anything less. We waited for our picture, it was ok, I didn't even take a picture of it.

We decided to head back to the resort and hit up the shops as we left, I wasn't in a shopping mood. So I went from bench to bench. I did go in the candy store and bought some mints. I like the cute little tins they come in. I bought about a dozen to give to nieces and nephews back home.

The park wasn't closing for another 30 minutes so the line for the bus wasn't too long, we had to wait for a second bus but it was quick. We didn't get to sit next to eachother, poor coach got stuck sitting next to a young college boy with the nastiest of gas, and every time he would crack one he and his friends would bust out laughing, it didn't help that the guys laugh was as annoying as heck. Every person on that bus had their shirts pulled up over their noses, it was a long ride back to Pop.

As soon as we got off the bus I sucked in a huge gulp of air, and the girls as always took off to meet up with their friends.

Coach and I went to the room, I showered and got my jammies, called Kent and Jim and then just relaxed in bed. after a bit I got restless and went to the Pop Shop to get hot chocolate. Reese and Coley were in there eating a Sundae, I got a little put off thinking they used up another snack credit, but Reese said they know the guy at the Sundae bar and the ice cream was free, they said they were getting free ice cream and rice crispie treats every night.:confused: they never offered to share with me....BRATS!

Coley said that a lady was telling them that she heard Hannah Montana was somewhere on the Disney property and she was hoping to see her cause her daughter was Hannah's biggest fan. I think that's when Reese realized that she had probably crushed a million dreams that night. She said she felt bad, but then started laughing again, I know how she felt, it was funny that they were able to get a rumor started but sad that a little girl probably ended up disappointed because of it.

I got my hot chocolate told the girls to be in my midnight and headed back to the room, I read a magazine I had brought from home, it was almost 11:00pm when the girls came in, they were tired and ready for bed.

We turned out the lights and talked for a bit then we all just kind of fell asleep.

Next day would be Epcot.

Ty I have been laughing hysterically as I'm getting caught up on your TR!

Love it, fabulous writing and your pics are awesome. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read about Epcot day, I have a feeling the girls will be making lots of foreign CM friends. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter