RUMOR: Duffy leaving Epcot after the holidays

I am one who hopes Duffy sticks around, at least through the end of this year.

My 5 yo daughter got a Duffy Bear last year. The night she got it we were on the bus headed back to the resort. It was late, the bus was crowded, and she was tired and cranky. I started making Duffy talk to her - like a puppet. We spent the rest of the bus ride giggling.

After that I get probably one request a day from her to "control" Duffy. So Duffy has become a part of the family in a way, and one of the only things we missed on our trip this past January was having our Duffy meet the big Duffy. I really hope he's there for our trip in December!

How about this I just hate Duffy. I think it was a crazy that he was Mickeys Best Friend. I have always thought that was Pluto. I don't know why but I have always hated the idea of Duffy and I am so glad that he is leaving.

:hug:
The Duffy Bear was first sold as "My First Disney Bear" and had no name other than that. My daughter was an infant when we bought it 14 years ago. It is still her favorite stuffed animal and he goes on all trips with her now at age 15.

She resents that he was renamed Duffy!

I resent it too!! When I bought mine, that was his name as well. Hence, the quote under my name. He will always be the Disney Bear to me; so it doesn't matter. I'll still love him. :hug:

I am one who hopes Duffy sticks around, at least through the end of this year.

My 5 yo daughter got a Duffy Bear last year. The night she got it we were on the bus headed back to the resort. It was late, the bus was crowded, and she was tired and cranky. I started making Duffy talk to her - like a puppet. We spent the rest of the bus ride giggling.

After that I get probably one request a day from her to "control" Duffy. So Duffy has become a part of the family in a way, and one of the only things we missed on our trip this past January was having our Duffy meet the big Duffy. I really hope he's there for our trip in December!

Cute! I hope he sticks around for you too. :goodvibes He's very cute in his Santa outfit.

In early February, there were no more Duffy on a Stick at the Kidcot stations - it was all Perry on a Stick. However, there was a Duffy bear stuffed animal dressed as a tourist (ear hat, T-shirt) that appeared to be a newer bit of merchandise we found at the GF (and was likely in other places, but that is where my son fell in love with him). Maybe they are only phasing him out as a feature at Epcot.

It would be wonderful if Shellie Mae could come and join Duffy. I have asked Cast Members in the past about her coming but just get blank looks!!

Duffy appears to still be alive and kicking, though I wouldn't be surprised to hear that discussions are taking place regarding his removal. I understand that some people have an attachment to "my first Disney bear," but for me personally he just doesn't add to the Disney experience at all. :confused3 I'm sure he'll stick around as long as he's making them money, but I don't think Shellie Mae has enough of a presence to join him in Epcot.

Big Duffy fan here!!!! In our house, Duffy has more outfits than I do! He has an entire room! I can understand if someone wants to say they don't like him, but to say he's only a money maker ??? Huh ??? Disney is a publically traded company....it's all about the money. ....and speaking of things created to make money.....I REALLY don't like Frozen!!!!!

I don't understand why they don't run some Duffy shows on the Disney channel. My daughter has loved Duffy ever since our first trip 2 yrs ago. Didn't know who he was until we saw the short bedtime shows while there and it because her favorite immediately. She tells everyone the story now. Maybe if they would put him on out there more then his popularity would grow. Didn't even know about Shellie Mae until our last trip when a cast member said something about her while we were buying Duffy clothes/costumes. Really hope Duffy is still there in May. We are taking my sister and her family and my daughter has her cousins excited about meeting Duffy. I've already bought each one their own Duffy for their first trip to Disney and talked about How Duffy will travel with them on all their adventures. Very disappointed he may not be there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter