Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we hear Universals opening date today, we can probably rest assured that Disney won’t be opening prior to then.

Disney isnt in the position to open before UO unless they rushed to be “first”. Universal is still paying some of their employees while Disney furloughed theirs. And Universal also apparently has extended their AP’s a hard 3 months rather than having it continue to be rolling extensions. Which if thats true, then they’d be aiming for a mid June reopening if they’re comfortable making that extension decision to the APs. If UO announces a date of June 15th today, that doesnt mean Disney cant come out and give out the same date next week

At least there's some hope until you get the email. :) but yeah, considering what came out yesterday from seaworld needing 2-4 weeks to get back up and running, it's doubtful Disney is up in less than a month. You'll probably know today when UO presents if there's any likelihood you can go to Disney on your dates.
I'm just complaining for everyone in general, not me personally. I really doubt it will open by mid-June, I really just want to move on (for me and everyone). I have all but decided that I won't be going on June 16th. No way I want to be there a few days after opening (at least for a out-of-state multi-day vacation) with severe restrictions and modified experiences at the price I am booked at. (and this doesn't even take into account the worry that my family will have if we decide to travel during a pandemic (I am talking my extended family (parents, in-laws)). If I was local, I'd go in a heartbeat.

I am really just holding on to my vacation for no other reason but to see if Disney offers me some sort of "come back later" promotion.

At this point, it doesn't matter WHEN they open until we have more details on HOW they will open. I think a lot of people who have their hopes up for it being open by the time of their scheduled vacation may cancel anyway just due to how "not normal" Disney will inevitably have to be for a month or two after re-opening.

Last edited:
At this point, it doesn't matter WHEN they open until we have more details on HOW they will open. I think a lot of people who have their hopes up for it being open by the time of their scheduled vacation may cancel anyway just due to how "not normal" Disney will inevitably have to be for a month or two after re-opening.
That's true for us, although we have very limited requirements to go for at least a portion of our trip. But, the first hurdle to cross is will they even be open. How they open, if it's after our trip, won't matter to us at all- at least in regards to our current reservation. First things first- they have to open. I'll worry about how they open once we get that news.

I have a split stay 13-15 and 15-29 (I couldn't book more than 14 nights with a bounce back offer). I just got the email that our reservation has been impacted. I'm assuming it's for the 13-15 stay. We are out of state Passholders and the 2 night stay beginning on the 13th was at All Star Movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter