Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the regular disposable 3-ply paper masks. They are bendy at the top and can be bent to fit exactly over my nose. They have a stretchy loop over the ear. Have you tried that kind?

If you're talking disposable surgical masks - yes. They fall off the 1st time I even open my jaw:)...

Not to stir up the M discussion (because we are now calling them face coverings 😷) - here is what Universal is selling - with pricing...

I'm surprised how good the pricing on these is! Especially on theme-park property. I wonder what their specs (material, layers, filter pocket, etc.) are.

Edit: I admit I didn't click in to the link and read their post. Apologies if those details were given in the article!

Edit edit: That info was not included. :rotfl: Also surprised by the $3/bottle pricing for UO branded hand sanitizer!

Last edited:

Tbh it felt normal, not sure if everyone was just happy to be outside walking around, ther face masks became normal pretty quickly and my eye was drawn to people that weren't wearing them because they were eating or drinking
Thanks for the insight. I see they had masks for purchase, but how were they handling anyone who tried to enter without one? Did they have free masks available at check in?

It will go away sooner than you think, the data does not support it. Giving people space and washing hands will be pushed hard but the rest will fade away. One example is the airlines backing off on requiring masks to stay on during flights once they realized policing it is not possible, same with the parks.

I am not as convinced they will go away as fast with the unions involved.

I am not as convinced they will go away as fast with the unions involved.

Enforcement will be an issue.

So what do you do about the guy with a cloth mask that he’s pulled down just under the nose? Most people probably won’t even notice. A CM tells him to pull it back up? Ok so then he walks away and pulls it back down.

Stuff like that will be constant. It’s going to get tiring fast.

My children have been to Disney World several times. We were supposed to go in April for Easter but that was obviously canceled. They were super bummed. Now we're supposed to go in August but I told them we may not be able to go because of the virus. My 4 year old daughter's response, "but we can just wear the masks that Nana made for us."

I'd rather not go if we're required to wear masks but apparently my 4 year old doesn't care lol.
Took said 4 year old to the doctors today for her annual check up. We both needed to wear a mask. She started complaining after about 5 minutes and flat out refused to wear if after 15 minutes. She seemed less bothered by the vaccines that she got than she did having to wear the mask. Also, her pediatrician said she could run a fever 7-10 days from now from one of her vaccines. Potentially not a good mix for parents planning a WDW vacation and possible temperature checks.

So what do you do about the guy with a cloth mask that he’s pulled down just under the nose? Most people probably won’t even notice. A CM tells him to pull it back up? Ok so then he walks away and pulls it back down.

Like I have said before I doubt CMs are going to say things to people just walking around but I expect CMs at queue/shop/restaurant entrances to enforce it before you can enter that area.

I think overall most people are going to comply but there will always people people who are not and are going to make a scene. Sucks but it is what it is.

I agree but still not convinced it will be dropped till spring after winter flu season is over.

I see so many workers at stores not wearing them right as is, and very few customers wearing them now that things have started to open up.

Masks will go away pretty quickly. People will be constantly removing them and/or wearing them improperly. Small children will not wear them. Attempting to enforce it will be futile.

If the union is going to require masks to protect the CMs and the guests don't adhere to the mask requirement and the CMs are getting sick and out of work for 2+ weeks, you're going to see the parks shut down again.

I don’t disagree... If CM’s are getting sick they should close. People not adhering to mask requirements would be an easy thing to pin an increase in infections to but it could just come about from one CM not practicing good hand hygiene and passing it on to other CM’s and so on. I’m not anti mask I just have little to no faith in the public’s ability or desire to adhere to guidelines.

I'm surprised how good the pricing on these is! Especially on theme-park property. I wonder what their specs (material, layers, filter pocket, etc.) are.

Edit: I admit I didn't click in to the link and read their post. Apologies if those details were given in the article!

Edit edit: That info was not included. :rotfl: Also surprised by the $3/bottle pricing for UO branded hand sanitizer!

Not a bad price for “souvenir” hand sanitizer. Considering how difficult it is to find hand sanitizer these days.

If they legit gouged I think they could be turned into the government...

Took said 4 year old to the doctors today for her annual check up. We both needed to wear a mask. She started complaining after about 5 minutes and flat out refused to wear if after 15 minutes. She seemed less bothered by the vaccines that she got than she did having to wear the mask. Also, her pediatrician said she could run a fever 7-10 days from now from one of her vaccines. Potentially not a good mix for parents planning a WDW vacation and possible temperature checks.
Oof! Yeah, good reminder on vaccines! Give yourself/kiddos a couple weeks before travel to be super safe temp check wise.

I don’t disagree... If CM’s are getting sick they should close. People not adhering to mask requirements would be an easy thing to pin an increase in infections to but it could just come about from one CM not practicing good hand hygiene and passing it on to other CM’s and so on. I’m not anti mask I just have little to no faith in the public’s ability or desire to adhere to guidelines.

They will look at the history during the quarantine to gauge how many CMs they can expect to get sick. It will also be determined by how long they are working at the park without guests and the infection rate during that time. If they see a huge spike once the park opens and they have observed a significant number of guests not wearing masks. It won't be too hard to figure out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter