Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Rolling cancellations - The rolling cancellations typically start happening on Thursday afternoons. If we see cancellations for June 1st on Thursday, well, that pretty much will tell us we won't see an opening soon.

I thought it was Wednesdays. Well, it was last week.

WDW has not yet cancelled June stays, but they have frozen June stays so you cannot make additional June reservations nor modify current reservations. I think there are two plausible reasons:
1. They are fairly certain they are not opening in June and will continue the rolling cancellations. In the meantime, they are freezing new reservations.

2. They are optimistic they are opening in June, but the opening will be limited (consistent with modification rumors). Freezing current reservations allows them to assess the number of guests that they can allow entry. The reopening may also have very limited or no TS dining and limited or no ADRs, and that is why they are not allowing new ADRs.

There will be two important clues coming within the next 5 days:
1. The CM schedule update - The next one was supposed to be out this morning and is delayed. If we see schedules for late May, we can expect that WDW is ramping up preparation to reopen. If we do not, I would seriously doubt a June 1st opening.

2. Rolling cancellations - The rolling cancellations typically start happening on Thursday afternoons. If we see cancellations for June 1st on Thursday, well, that pretty much will tell us we won't see an opening soon.

I think they’re just continuing the rolling cancellations because it makes it easier for them to make a decision on the fly rather than make a set date in the future which could also potentially get pushed back and anger people even more

The FL Resident Discover Disney tix have been extended through Sept. 30. At this point, after March and now June trips have been/will be cancelled, I'm just not feeling it.

Either go in miserably hot, hurricane-prone August (when Boo is still out of school) or take her out of school for a week in mid-Sept., which is a non-starter.

Plus, new FL resident room rates haven't been released, so I can't rebook until they update the FL Resident Sun & Fun rate that are bookable through July 9th... I don't even know what I'm going to do yet.

At this point, I'm roughly $2500 in... one night at AKV ($450), two tours (horseback riding & starlight tour+/- $300); 4 nights at Pop, 4-day PH tix & 4 nights DxDP ($1750).

I'm thinking of saying "the heck with it" and getting a cabin in the Smokies in August at this point.

Update regarding extra experiences... Last night when you'd try to book things like BBB or Savi Lightsaber it would say "we are working on it." Now it will let you book those experiences from July 1st on, but June is greyed out.
What’s Savi Lightsaber? I can see BBB b/c you can social distance even if the park is open.

I'm thinking of saying "the heck with it" and getting a cabin in the Smokies in August at this point.

I've been seriously considering this myself. I do not want to be around a bunch of other people. If the Smokies didn't get so darned hot, though!

An announcement would be so easy!
They’re not going to make a concrete announcement because they don’t have a concrete plan yet. Things are changing and evolving on a daily basis. They will do rolling cancellations, just like they did for May so they can hold onto deposits and payments as long as possible. Don’t worry, once they know for sure when they’re opening, everyone will know.

They’re not going to make a concrete announcement because they don’t have a concrete plan yet. Things are changing and evolving on a daily basis. They will do rolling cancellations, just like they did for May so they can hold onto deposits and payments as long as possible. Don’t worry, once they know for sure when they’re opening, everyone will know.
I understand that. It doesn't have to be concrete but at this point they know what they are doing with June, at least the first few weeks of it

After reading the first post, just messaging in case Moderator wants to update it...
I have a resort reservation for November 2020 and I also received a survey from WDW related to restrictions and and my upcoming stay. The first post states that guests with reservations through September received surveys. I can vouch, having received one, that surveys were sent for stays beyond September (in my case November).

They went from 55 flights on our days, to 4 flights. So they rescheduled us on flights that turn our almost 6 full days, into only 4 days. No other flight options.
Oh boy! I am so sorry. We had several flights between our WDW trip and our cruise. Before cancellations were even announced, every single flight changed. Everything is such a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter