• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ma
Exactly! You are no more likely to get the virus from Disney than you are from the grocery store or Walmart or wherever as long as you take personal responsibilty. Wash your hands frequently and keep your hands out of your eyes, mouth, and nose and you'll be fine.
Social distancing will be a lot harder to enforce/observe at Disney. How can you compare 20 minutes at Walmart with 7 days at WDW? Take posts at face value, mask rules seem doomed to failure. Not sure why anything, anywhere, is closed if washing your hands is all that's necessary.

Exactly! You are no more likely to get the virus from Disney than you are from the grocery store or Walmart or wherever as long as you take personal responsibilty. Wash your hands frequently and keep your hands out of your eyes, mouth, and nose and you'll be fine.

Washing hands and keeping your hands off your face is good but not a guarantee. You can still catch it if you do those things. Nor is it even a guarantee you can do it perfectly if it did entirely prevent catching this virus, because it’s a lot harder than it sounds to NEVER touch your face, NEVER contaminate something before you wash your hands, etc. If it’s a risk you’re willing to take, fine. But there’s a risk there. Pretending there isn’t helps nobody.

People keep making this about fear and I strongly disagree with that. They picture people cowering in fear in their homes over a boogeyman that doesn’t exist. That just isn’t true.

Washing hands and keeping your hands off your face is good but not a guarantee. You can still catch it if you do those things. Nor is it even a guarantee you can do it perfectly if it did entirely prevent catching this virus, because it’s a lot harder than it sounds to NEVER touch your face, NEVER contaminate something before you wash your hands, etc. If it’s a risk you’re willing to take, fine. But there’s a risk there. Pretending there isn’t helps nobody.

People keep making this about fear and I strongly disagree with that. They picture people cowering in fear in their homes over a boogeyman that doesn’t exist. That just isn’t true.

I mean seriously!! Just watch some vlogs of kids at WDW. They touch everything and then the hand goes right into the mouth. My daughter knows better now, but when she was 5 it was a struggle.

.please understand that many many people disagree with you. In my opinion, it’s not about what I do that prevents the spread, it’s what others do. The simple idea of a large crowd in a dense environment is exactly what causes the spread. Walking around a grocery store with 20 people inside is immensely different than going to Disney world, no matter how many times you wash your hands.

Now, if Disney can find a way to avoid that, then great. We will see what they come up with.

.please understand that many many people disagree with you. In my opinion, it’s not about what I do that prevents the spread, it’s what others do. The simple idea of a large crowd in a dense environment is exactly what causes the spread. Walking around a grocery store with 20 people inside is immensely different than going to Disney world, no matter how many times you wash your hands.

Now, if Disney can find a way to avoid that, then great. We will see what they come up with.

Well they can't. It's impossible.

So either people have to be satisfied with whatever Disney implements as precautions and go on their trips, or if they aren't satisfied they will have to stay home until they feel comfortable being in large public spaces.
And same, if people find precautions too restrictive, they will avoid going until precautions ease in time.

:)

I wish my grocery store only had 20 people in it, every time I go it's packed no matter what time I try to go. People licking their fingers to open the produce bags, and then touching produce. People who touch their face (specifically around their mouth) while thinking about what to choose on a shelf and then touching every box/product before finally coming to a conclusion. I have already had the virus and did all the "right" things that WHO and CDC say to do, no one is 100% able to avoid the virus. No matter what Disney/any park does to mitigate the risk it is still up to us as individuals to police our own/families behavior. None of the rumored changes will mean a thing if people don't do their part to make it work.

Which makes sense really. Anyone can see that death tolls are still a huge problem at the moment and there's zero containment for a virus that has no cure and no immunity unless you've already had it. No doubt WDW does not want to play a role in that, and look insensitive or flat out oblivious to it.

That has to be frustrating to those with June reservations though. People who have flights and need to make adjustments. They should at least be able to say we will not open before 6/15 or 6/30 and let people cancel as needed. I understand that when they changed it to 6/1 they believed it was possible. But saying now that they'll continue to take money when they won't open is not cool.

Which makes sense really. Anyone can see that death tolls are still a huge problem at the moment and there's zero containment for a virus that has no cure and no immunity unless you've already had it. No doubt WDW does not want to play a role in that, and look insensitive or flat out oblivious to it.

That has to be frustrating to those with June reservations though. People who have flights and need to make adjustments. They should at least be able to say we will not open before 6/15 or 6/30 and let people cancel as needed. I understand that when they changed it to 6/1 they believed it was possible. But saying now that they'll continue to take money when they won't open is not cool.
I cant see June happening with an official comment like that. They still arent even denying 2021 so seems even they are not confident that it wont keep them closed that long.

Well they can't. It's impossible.

So either people have to be satisfied with whatever Disney implements as precautions and go on their trips, or if they aren't satisfied they will have to stay home until they feel comfortable being in large public spaces.
And same, if people find precautions too restrictive, they will avoid going until precautions ease in time.

That is true. I've seen a lot in this thread about "well you can't do X because it won't catch Y and Z". Bottom line is nothing that is done is going to be 100% (even the tests are not 100%). However just because a procedure only helps 20% of the time doesnt make it not worth doing. That is why there is no one thing that even grocery stores are doing. You layer on multiple procedures that each help a little bit and hope that all combined together you can catch most things and help prevent or at least slow the spread from people who are infected. It's the combinatin of efforts and not just one thing.

My state has opened up restaurants and I have been to one (a brewery near me) but I am keeping a close watch on how the restauranrt has things laid out and how the staff is handing things on cleaning etc. Those restaurants that seem to be doing the right thing by my estimation I'll go to. Those that don't seem to be doing a good job I won't. For me right now with resturants (and I'm not even thinking about theme parks or theaters yet) it is going to vary from place to place based on what procedures they are implementing. The brewery i mentioned had removed a lot of tables. Booths were every other one. Everybody in masks. Gloves used and changed out frequently. In fact when the bartender was serving the beer they wiped down the glass after poouring the beer. I felt they were taking adaquite protections.

Disney will have to put enough measure in place to make people feel like they are doing what they reasonable can. Nothing is going go be 100% and it is just not something that can be expected from anyplace. However just like with anything else they still need to make sure they have reasonable procedures in place to make people comfortable they are doing all they reasonably can.

Couldn't agree more! We cancelled a March trip and moved it to June. Now, if we need to move it again, we will, but please tell us something! I understand the last minute notice in March, but waiting until the week before or something like that for June is unacceptable.

Couldn't agree more! We cancelled a March trip and moved it to June. Now, if we need to move it again, we will, but please tell us something! I understand the last minute notice in March, but waiting until the week before or something like that for June is unacceptable.
Right, we're a almost week into May. If things were going to open 6/1 we'd see a ton of movement on property to make that happen. They need to make an official announcement soon. Even if it's not an opening date, they need to say we are no longer honoring June reservations or something. Anything!

I wonder, from a logistics and PR standpoint, just how close they will have to get to June before cancelling June reservations? I mean - what is Universal doing? It wouldn't be great press if Disney waited until 2 days out from someone's reservation to cancel it from under them...right? Or does that even matter anymore? I don't know - genuinely. How close to the end date can they get before they cancel out?

I wonder, from a logistics and PR standpoint, just how close they will have to get to June before cancelling June reservations? I mean - what is Universal doing? It wouldn't be great press if Disney waited until 2 days out from someone's reservation to cancel it from under them...right? Or does that even matter anymore? I don't know - genuinely. How close to the end date can they get before they cancel out?

April 1st was quite close, although I think then there were less people thinking it would actually open than June 1.

Was it within a week? Anyone remember?

I can't with these threads anymore.

Disney can't open because (insert your own)

Disney is going to implement this measure:
No, it's not safe enough.

But Disney will also implement this...

Disney will required each person to walk in a plastic bubble...

My god. I don't even care anymore when they open. Wait until 2021, whatever.

I'll just hope there's some semblance of Disney left when/if we get to go in May 2021.

See ya on the planning boards, hopefully sooner rather than later!

:)

With June 1st less than 30 days away, Disney needs to make a decision sooner than later. I would be shocked if we don't hear something soon about the first week of June. My guess is that they are doing this "rolling" cancellations just to prevent their custom service system being overwhelmed with calls.

But they should announce what they will look like when the DO open .. so people who have trips in June/July (that may not want a modified experience) can cancel as well.

At this point -- I have a mid-June reservation (June 15 check in), and i am only holding on to it because it hasn't been forcibly cancelled yet. I am waiting for more information on whether to keep it IF they will be open before that date). I hope I get that other information soon (like what the modified experience will be like).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter