Rum Point or Tiki Beach in Grand Cayman?

kfamilylovesdisney

Wonder 05/2008 Wonder 05/2009
:) We are a family with 3 children ages 11, 13, and 15 at the time of our cruise. When we travel to Grand Cayman we are looking to have a great beach day on a Caribbean beach. We all love the warm, clear water and will mostly swim around most of the time and explore, have lunch, swim some more :goodvibes

Which beach would you recommend... Rum Point or Tiki Beach (along 7 Mile Beach)? I've heard some negative things about Rum Point: the water was murky, the swimming area was small, there was a lot of sea rock about 5 feet into the water, its a far ride from the port. However, I've hear positives too. It looks beautiful in pictures. I also hear that SMB (Tiki Beach) is nice but very crowded and industrial.

If anyone has experience and could give us an inside tip that would be great!:thumbsup2

I've been to Rum Point Bay. It seems like a long ride to the beach, but it was beautiful! Calm waters, very pretty and you could purchase food from the concession stand too. Now this was 5 years ago but based on my past exeprience I would have no problems going back

They are different beaches.... Rum is not next to 7 mile. I have not been to Tiki or Rum but I did go to 7 Mile beach about 2 years ago. 7 mile is the best beach I have ever been to! Also was rated number 11 on best beaches. There was sand forever.... soft white sand. No rocks at all. Loved it. Food at the hotel was expensive, clean restrooms, chairs to rent and snorkel and more. We rented snorkel but did not really see any fish. My daughter swam way far out and saw some though. Hope that helps. I now want to stay at 7 mile one time for a week :)

kfamilylovesdisney said:
:) We are a family with 3 children ages 11, 13, and 15 at the time of our cruise. When we travel to Grand Cayman we are looking to have a great beach day on a Caribbean beach. We all love the warm, clear water and will mostly swim around most of the time and explore, have lunch, swim some more :goodvibes

Which beach would you recommend... Rum Point or Tiki Beach (along 7 Mile Beach)? I've heard some negative things about Rum Point: the water was murky, the swimming area was small, there was a lot of sea rock about 5 feet into the water, its a far ride from the port. However, I've hear positives too. It looks beautiful in pictures. I also hear that SMB (Tiki Beach) is nice but very crowded and industrial.

If anyone has experience and could give us an inside tip that would be great!:thumbsup2

Just went to Rum Point on Xmas eve while on the Fantasy. It was great. While the boat ride was bit long it was a beautiful ride. On the way back the guys even put up the sails. We have a 8 yr old boy and 10 yr old daughter. They enjoyed the trip. The lunch was pretty good. The water was clear for us and DCL guests have a reserved area on the beach. I would bring swim shoes as the ocean floor was a bit rocky. Also bring cash...there is a bar on the boat and the beach.

Just went to Rum Point on Xmas eve while on the Fantasy. It was great. While the boat ride was bit long it was a beautiful ride. On the way back the guys even put up the sails. We have a 8 yr old boy and 10 yr old daughter. They enjoyed the trip. The lunch was pretty good. The water was clear for us and DCL guests have a reserved area on the beach. I would bring swim shoes as the ocean floor was a bit rocky. Also bring cash...there is a bar on the boat and the beach.

How much cash would you recommend bringing? Did you get to visit the small gift shop there, and if so, can you share your thoughts on it? I'm booked for Rum Point in Feb. and my only reservation is that I'll miss out on souvie shopping. I will be having a few drinks while there, so was wondering what I should budget for. Thanks in advance for any info you can pass on!

saw....never went on...the beaches. didn't interest me much as we have beaches aplenty where i live. However, wanted to take this opportunity to say that Grand Cayman, in my nsho, is a poop hole. Beaches pretty. Rest of it S-T-I-N-K-O!

enjoy the beach and then get back on the ship.

Enjoy a magical vacation!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter