• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rum Point or 7 Mile Beach

jcandtjsmom

Earning My Ears
I am trying to decide what to do in Grand Cayman. We are thinking of doing the NativeWays excursion that includes Rum Point Beach and the stingrays. I was just wondering what anyone's opinion was of which is a better beach, Rum Point or 7 Mile Beach. Also, is it still worth it to see the stingrays if you don't get in the water with them? We are also considering just going to 7 Mile Beach and renting snorkeling equipment there. Any help would be appreciated!:confused3

We did the stingray excursion with Nativeway last year - we did Stingray City, snorkeling, and Rum Point (so I can't really tell you about 7 Mile Beach). However, I can tell you that Rum Point was incredible. The water is crystal clear and shallow, so you can go pretty far out & the water is only about waist-deep. Lots of fish swim around you (very cool!). Rum Point had a very nice souvenir shop, as well as a restaurant and rest rooms.

Stingray City may have been the highlight of our cruise. Even the people who did not venture off the boat said they had a great time watching the stingrays & people together (just watching some of the expressions on the faces is hilarious). The water is very clear and very blue, so you can see everything (water was only about 4 feet deep where we were).

Don't know if I really answered your questions, but if you take that excursion you won't regret it.

We went to Rum Point Beach for the day. We rented a car and drove over. It was real nice being there for a few hours before the excursion arrived. It was like we had the beach to ourselves. The beach was beautiful it was like a tropical paradise. I have not been to 7 Mile Beach yet so I can't say which I think is better. Here are a few pictures.

578711655403_0_ALB.jpg

179511655403_0_ALB.jpg

608301655403_0_ALB.jpg

The boat is from the excursion. The water is waist deep all the way out to the boat.

448380655403_0_ALB.jpg

We have been to Grand Cayman 3 times with our kids and twice alone. We have taken the kids to a public beach on 7 Mile Beach, we have done Captain Marvin's Stingray City excursion and we did Native Ways last year.

Captain Marvin's did a great job but Rum Point with Native Ways was our favorite...it is really beautiful! The kids loved Stingray City and the snorkel stop (two snorkeled, one just swam around off the boat and two stayed on board). The Beach at Rum Point had enough shade and crystal clear water...We all had a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter