Rule of 4 question

Janis

DIS Veteran
Forgive me if this is the wrong forum. I have a question about the rule of 4.

The Members website says:

You cannot book and travel on The Disney Collection, (excluding Disneyland© Resort Hotels in California), Concierge Collection and Adventurer Collection vacations within the last 4 months of your Use Year. However, you can travel in the last 4 months of your Use Year as long as you've booked your stay more than 4 months before the end of your Use Year.

Does this mean that you can book travel to the Disneyland hotels during the last 4 months of your use year?

Doc, if you're out there do you know the answer?

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum. I have a question about the rule of 4.

The Members website says:

You cannot book and travel on The Disney Collection, (excluding Disneyland© Resort Hotels in California), Concierge Collection and Adventurer Collection vacations within the last 4 months of your Use Year. However, you can travel in the last 4 months of your Use Year as long as you've booked your stay more than 4 months before the end of your Use Year.

Does this mean that you can book travel to the Disneyland hotels during the last 4 months of your use year?

Doc, if you're out there do you know the answer?

Not Doc so if you want to wait for his answer ignore this.....JK! ;)

Yes, that is correct - you currently may book DL anytime in your UY - including the last 4 months.

There are rumors that this could change once VGC is open in Nov 2009. It already looks like you won't be able to book GCH on points once the villas are open (due to a footnote on the current DLR point charts) Many are hoping that the rule of 4 or the $95 transaction fee won't apply to the other DLR hotels since the VGC will be so small. We probably won't know until we get closer to 2010.

Wow, I didn't realize that VGC was set to open in November! I know that for any of the add on DVC resorts at WDW you can't use points for hotels rooms at any of those. I guess like you said we'll have to wait and see about the other DLR resorts.

KAT4DISNEY is correct. You can have reservations for those options as long as they were made more than 4 months from the end of your Use Year. During the last 4 months of a Use Year, DVC members cannot use their points to make a reservation to travel during that timeframe with the noted exceptions. The stated reason for this is that DVC needs to have time to use those points for cash reservations to recoup the expense for members using the non-DVC options.

The limitation used to be only 60 days, but was increased to 4 months when the banking deadines and 11 month from arrival policies began last spring.

Enjoy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter