Ruggles Mine, Grafton, NH

happily single

Left foot first!
We will be visiting Ruggles Mine this coming Sunday and was looking to see if anyone knows of any discounts available? it appears to be a small business with no discounts mentioned, but it never hurts to ask.

Also, is anyone familiar with that area of NH? We normally go to the White Mountains (North Conway), but this time we are only making a day trip to the Mine. If I could find an inexpensive motel/hotel in that area I would spend the night.

Thanks!

Where are you driving from? There are no hotels near Grafton NH but depending on your direction there are hotels all around but probably a 30 minute ride.

Where are you driving from? There are no hotels near Grafton NH but depending on your direction there are hotels all around but probably a 30 minute ride.
I will be coming from RI!!! Its a very long drive (about 3 hours each direction), but my son loves, loves, loves rocks and has been dying to go to Ruggles since I mentioned it last year.

I don't have any advice about hotels. We did Ruggles mine a few years ago. My only advice to you is make sure you put on good bug spray. There are ticks all over the place there. We sprayed ourselves and still found 2 ticks on my son afterwards. It was a lot of fun and my son had a good time but it was VERY buggy.

I don't have any advice about hotels. We did Ruggles mine a few years ago. My only advice to you is make sure you put on good bug spray. There are ticks all over the place there. We sprayed ourselves and still found 2 ticks on my son afterwards. It was a lot of fun and my son had a good time but it was VERY buggy.
Thanks!! and YUCK!!!! We plan on wearing pants as opposed to shorts but I will keep a close eye out for ticks

I haven't seen any coupons for Ruggles Mine for quite some time. Polar Caves is 30% off on www.nhdollarsaver.com.

How far from Ruggles do you want to stay? I found this place in Rumney NH: http://www.dacres.org/hostel/accommodations.html Trip Adviser ranked it pretty high. Rumney is about 30 minutes north of Grafton. I have not stayed there myself. Lebanon NH is about 30 minutes past Grafton. They have a couple of Motels and Inns. Fireside Inn is nice but it's about $135. night.

I live in Lebanon and if coming up 89 from RI I wouldn't stay here unless you want to check out stuff in the area. Rumney is a little bit north from that side of Grafton... Are you planning on doing anything else or interested in anything else.

IMHO Ruggles Mine isn't really worth what you pay and there isn't much to do around there. There is much more to do in the North Conway area.

I haven't seen any coupons for Ruggles Mine for quite some time. Polar Caves is 30% off on www.nhdollarsaver.com.

How far from Ruggles do you want to stay? I found this place in Rumney NH: http://www.dacres.org/hostel/accommodations.html Trip Adviser ranked it pretty high. Rumney is about 30 minutes north of Grafton. I have not stayed there myself. Lebanon NH is about 30 minutes past Grafton. They have a couple of Motels and Inns. Fireside Inn is nice but it's about $135. night.
Thanks for the info!

Sadly we are only coming for the mine. I realize we may be disappointed, but my ds10 is dying to go mining. In his sweet mind he is convinced he is going to unearth very valuable rocks which he can sell on Amazon. I have noooooo idea how,he would,know about Amazon, but i have tried tomexplain we would not be getting rich from this adventure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter