Ruggable owners… question about rug liner getting stinky

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
Our lab mix had a pee accident on our living room shag rug and we cannot get the smell out, it’s horrendous. We have a small rug cleaner we used on the top and bottom several times, and then applied a pet odor neutralizer that usually works wonders, but not this time. This rug is old and past its prime anyway, so we’re considering getting a large Ruggable in case an accident happens again.

My worry is that if there were to be a large pee accident, although the rug itself is easy enough to clean I wonder whether the rubbery pad underneath would absorb the wretched smell… It seems it’s spot clean only with soap and water. Have any of you had experience with urine seeping through to the under padding, and if so, how well does it clean up (odor-wise)?

We got rid of 5 Ruggables (Disney ones 😭) because of animal accidents. The top layer is washable. The bottom is not. And any bodily fluids soak through the top through the bottom. We were going to have to buy expensive replacement pads. I can buy 2 or 3 cheap rugs for every rug gable + replacement pad.

And the pad underneath is basically velcro on a rubber mat. So HARD to get clean. And the edges roll up over time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter