Rudest AND/OR Nicest CM ever Encountered

Rude: My friend and I were riding in the front of the monorail (love it!). We decided that we would just grab dinner at one of the hotels. We asked our pilot for a recommendation, and he says, "It's not worth it. Catch a bus and get McDonalds." We explain that we wanted a nice dinner and it seemed most convenient to get it at one of the hotels. He tells us (very sarcastically) "To each his own" and then under his breath says "What a waste of money" :confused3

Nice: SO MANY! One of the best had to be at the ice cream shop by TOT in MGM on my bday. I had on my pin, which had brought so many wonderful birthday greetings from CMs all day. I went up and ordered a single scoop of strawberry. The CM says, "A single scoop?! It's your birthday Mary Kate! You can't eat just a single scoop!" He gave me a triple scoop for the price of a single and got everyone working there and a few people in line to sing Happy Birthday!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Thanks to all the CMs who made me feel so special!

Nicest: I got a lot of stories, but here is one from last August. My family and I had returned to the Atrium Club floor of the Contemporary and we were speaking with one of their nicest Cast Members who no longer works there. Anyway my parents start asking what are some things people have requested that they don't offer. He tells us a few things and my Mom says what about Diet Cherry Coke? Earlier that day we were at a Walmart and my Mom wanted from the machine however it turns out that they were sold out. The Cast Member says if you want I can get you some. My Mom said no you don't have to and she was being serious. Anyway after that we decided to go to the Grand Floridian for a bit. When we came back after 10:00 PM when the Cast Members on the Atrium Club had left for the evening, in our room was a 6 pack bottle of Diet Cherry Coke. So the next time my Mom saw the Cast Member who did this she thanked him and said it was my pleasure and I was happy to do it for you.

Rudest: A few years ago on Christmas Day my family and I went to the store at the TTC because I was looking for a pin that was sold out at the Magic Kingdom and a Cast Member said try the store there. Anyway when we are walking back to the Resort Monorail entrance this Cast Member says "where the hell do you think your going? The Magic Kingdom is closed." We said were staying at the Contemporary and trying to get back there. We even show our KTTW cards and he says I don't care, if you want to go back then speak to another Cast Member who was standing a few feet away. Anyway the other Cast Member let us go threw with no problems.

I was waiting for my time to come with my fastpass for splash mt. and i told my friends, right when our time comes lets hand him our passes. And he's like, "if you do that, then your not riding." He was MAYBE 18 years old and yelled at me. And I told him, "well what are we supposed to do when the time comes stand here like %*$&ing idiots?" And he just stands there and says "you just can't hand me the passes you have to wait in line to hand me the passes". BTW, there was no line we were the only ones standing there. So I said, "can i speak to your manager, i'd like to make a comment about your behavior. i've spent 1000 dollars so far here, and i refuse to be treated that way." He got scared because he knows he shouldn't of yelled at me. So before the time of our passes came, he told us just to go in, haha. I just find it ridiculous that I get yelled at by a cast member. I go to Disney for the atmosphere, the parks, and the hotels. NOT for the CMs. I LOVE Disney World but a lot of the CMs are rude, some are nice, but not enough of them. I get treated better by the cashier at my local McDonalds, I know thats ridiculous, but it's true.

Here is another story of a rude Cast Member, but not one that I would call a bad situation like my 1st rude story. A few years ago I was waiting for my Fast Pass time to come around on Test Track. I happen to be waiting in the area where I would enter and I thought I was away so I would not block anyone who was coming threw. Well in a very rude tone this Cast Member says can you stand farther away? I did that but I was thinking to myself no one has come by for at least a few minutes. Finally he said in another bad tone, ok you can go threw like he was doing me a favour.

When we were waiting for the monerail we were trying to figure out all twelve different colors of the monerails to pass the time. After several failed attempts, we asked a cm. Two got involved and when they couldn't figure it out without writing them down, they actually got on the monerail with us and we got our answers. I thought it showed how much they cared even if it wasn't a big thing.:goodvibes

Nicest CM was the young man at MGM who gave my crying 2 year old an ice cream to cheer her up. :) He was a young man and saw she was not very happy and he tried everything to get her to smile, but she was stubborn. He finally asked her to name 3 princesses and he would give her an ice cream. She could not get those 3 names out quick enough! lol He followed through on his promise and gave her plus her sister any ice cream they wanted. She cheered up and we were able to enjoy our day.

Just lack of communication on the part of the CM who brought you the bread. That's all.
Yep, I guess you are correct. If I had been on these boards before that particular trip (or read the UG in more depth), I would have known that I could ask for a doctor to come to our room; but I didn't know that at the time. The cost would have not been an issue; cost never is when a loved one is ill.

I did a poor job of explaining what happened at the food court in my orginal post as well. The clerk at the register did overhear the previous conversation, and knew the situation. And I didn't mind the charge, but did think that it was way overpriced at .47 cents a slice. And, on top of that, she couldn't eat the bread anyhow. I should have returned it and asked for a refund I guess. :rotfl2:

Karnak

Nicest thing that happened to me was when I was in line for Thunder Mountain with my son. My son tells me that he wants to sit in the front of the ride. I said well maybe next time we can. The CM overheard and switched us with 2 people who were sitting in the front of the ride. My son was very happy.

Never met a rude CM.

Worst: I recall we were at the Conservation Station at AK or something and Pocahontas came out for pictures. The person playing her had the worst attitude like "Why to I have to be out here with all these $&#*$#*& tourists". Even the kid noticed!

Yep, I guess you are correct. If I had been on these boards before that particular trip (or read the UG in more depth), I would have known that I could ask for a doctor to come to our room; but I didn't know that at the time. The cost would have not been an issue; cost never is when a loved one is ill.

I did a poor job of explaining what happened at the food court in my orginal post as well. The clerk at the register did overhear the previous conversation, and knew the situation. And I didn't mind the charge, but did think that it was way overpriced at .47 cents a slice. And, on top of that, she couldn't eat the bread anyhow. I should have returned it and asked for a refund I guess. :rotfl2:

Karnak

I'm sorry, but I still don't thinkthe cashier was rude. You asked for bread, got two slices, and were charged for it. I would not walk into the food court, ask for something, and expect not to pay for it. As for .47 per slice being overpriced, I would guess that there is a set price that the cashier is to charge for each item, and that's what she did. She was just doing her job.

I canno think of any rude experiences off the top of my head, but I can think of a couple of great CM moments.

1. Back in 1999, my mom adn I went on a mother-daughter trip for a week. We were at Epcot, and got a sopt along lagoon long before Illuminations, and started chatting with others who had also gotten there to stake out a spot early. A CM came along and told us all we'd have to move away from the edge of the lagoon, as the Tapestry of Nations parade was taking place before Illuminations, and they had to leave a walkway for people to be able to get through. That was fine, but we were of course a bit worried about being able to get our spots back along the lagoon for Illuminations. The CM was great - during the time leading up to and during the parade, people would try to get into the spot behind us, which was the "walkway" between us and the lagoon. The CM kept telling people they could not stop there, they had to keep moving. She knew that as soon as the parade was over, people would rush for the spots along the lagoon to watch Illuminations, and she also knew that we had been there early. So, she told us that before they dropped the rope that was creating the walkway (which was immediately behind us), she would walk behind us and tap each of us on the shoulder, and at that point we should turn around and get ready to just take a few steps back to the lagoon. We, and all the people we had made friend with during all of this, were able to easily get back to our viewing spots.

2. Preparing for that same trip, this was back when you could fax room assignment requests directly to the resort a few days before your stay. I sent a fax to POR (Dixie Landings at the time) and explained that this was a special mother-daughter trip before my wedding, which was taking place about 7 months later. I had booked a water view room but was hoping to get a river view, rather than a pool view, and I wanted to be in the Mansions section of the resort. Not only did I get both requests, but the room assigner actually called me at home the day after I had sent the fax, telling me how much she enjoyed reading my fax, and how lovely she thought it was that I was trying to make this a special trip for my mother and I, and that she was putting us in a corner room (two windows instead of one) facing the river.

WORST: A waiter named Gilbert at Boma. A bigger sourpuss we never encountered, and not just at WDW. If we ever eat there again and they seat us in Gilbert's section, we will ask to be moved. He was nasty when we asked about the African Village made of chocolate we had been told would be at Boma ("Well, if you don't SEE one, we don't HAVE one. If they were going to do one this year, it'd be there.") And we are like, well, OK, sorry to have bothered you! He was just rude the whole time and never even refilled our drinks. We couldn't even flag him down. If we hadn't been on the dining plan we would have shorted him on the tip and he sure didn't get any extra! I know CM are people too and they can have a bad day but this guy really took the cake.

Sara[/QUOTE]
We've had the pleasure of being seated in this servers section as well. No drink refills unless you were willing to ask another server for help. Maybe he had two bad days.

Art the Greeter at the Beach Club is the kindest, most wonderful CM I have ever encountered. Our "Keys to the Kingdom" tour guide Claire was also a fabulous individual.

Nicest (tie):
A few years ago, DD(then 6) got a terrible migrane @ the MK on the last day of our trip. I gave her medicine and took her to the first aid station and asked if she could just lie down in the back until the medicine took effect. The nurse that checked us in asked who her favorite characters were and she said Chip and Dale. We went to the back and DD fell asleep in a cot for about 20 minutes, only to be woken up by Chip and Dale themselves who came to see her with a little book and box of Kleenex.

Needless to see, she was 100% cured immediately and still, to this day, talks to Chip and Dale about how much she loved it when they came to see her when she was sick.

BEST: In November 2006, my DD, then 2, got burned on the habachi grill at the Teppanyaki restaurant. (Much to the horror of my mother and I, who were sitting on either side of her, she leaned forward to reach for her drink and placed her hand on the grill!!!) Distraught, we got some ice for her hand and were hurrying to the First Aid center in Epcot. We asked a passing CM if they could point us in the right direction. He dropped what he was doing to walk (well, really run) with us to the First Aid center. In that moment, that bit of kindness went a long way. Equally wonderful was the CM at the front desk of the Wilderness Lodge who ran the medication back to our room when the pharmacy arrived, rather than making us come from the Villas to pick it up at the front desk. I so wish I had gotten her name, because when I went to hand her a tip, she told me to keep it and use it for my daughter.

WORST: Was not really so bad, but on my very first trip to WDW with my family in 2002, we stayed at the Yacht Club. Teaming with excitement, we went to check in and we got the most sour looking human being on earth (well at least among the CM's). Our enthusiam was bursting, and she wouldn't even crack a smile. A real kill-joy!

Nicest thing that happened to me was when I was in line for Thunder Mountain with my son. My son tells me that he wants to sit in the front of the ride. I said well maybe next time we can. The CM overheard and switched us with 2 people who were sitting in the front of the ride. My son was very happy.

Never met a rude CM.

How funny. The same thing happened to us last year (on BTMRR) except we were the people originally in the front that got switched! The CM gave us a fast pass that said 3 people could enter on that fp. There were 4 of us in the group and he said to just tell the person working the fp line that "name (which I really wish I could remember) said all four of you could come". When we went to return for the fp, the person gave us a bit of a hard time (nothing extreme by any means) which is understandable because I'm sure there are a good amount of people trying out different things when it comes to fast passes. Anyway, a shift change was happening at the time and the CM who gave us the original fp (who was coming up to work the fp line) explained and then they proceeded to give us MORE fast passes. It was great.

On the same 'nice CM' front, my personal favorite is Ashley at MGM. She's my cousin and has gotten me in for free :goodvibes .

But seriously, WDW is filled with the best!

honestly, i can't remember having an experience at wdw where a CM was so rude it stood out in my mind. i will say that the cm's at splash mountain who shrugged at me and told me "we never find those things" when i inquired about the baseball cap that had just flown off my DH's head on the way down the hill kinda put a black mark on my day, but, DH bought himself a grumpy baseball cap he likes much better.

the nicest CM i ever encountered was on the phone. i was making our reservations the morning free dining came out 2+ months ago, and i can't remember her name now, but when i asked to be transferred to dining to add my DD to my ADR's, the CM i got was so nice! i explained that the trip started out as an anniversary trip but my DD had decided she wanted to go, the cm said she understood and after adding DD, asked me if my DD liked minnie mouse, i said sure, and she asked to speak to her and spent a good 5 minutes talking to my DD in her minnie voice. my DD (who's 9 and knows ppl wear those character costumes) was THRILLED! talk about adding magic to an ordinary day!

I have encontered a couple CM's who just seem to be having a bad day, but nothing outrageous.

I of course have has quite a few very sweet CM's.

1. Claire from KTTKT was so sweet and so knowledgable. She had to give everyone hugs after the tour.

2. Andre, a bus driver, just had the best time on the bus. You could tell he really enjoyed his job. Lots of laughs from everyone on that bus.

3.Patricia, a seasonal waitress at Tony's Town Square, notice my DH and I were celebrating our anniversary, although she did not read our buttons correctly, and thought we were on our honeymoon. She sang us love Amore. So cute, I had tears in my eyes.

Many other ones out there, but those were my favorite.

I can honestly say that I dont think I have ever encountered a mean cm... and I hope I never do.:goodvibes ... reading post after post about how rude some of there is upseting.:eek: .. It doesnt surprise me though... Its just sad; but I know everyone can have a bad day but they shouldnt be so nasty about things...

Nice: DH was trying to take a picture of DD2 and I in front of Jungle Cruise. DD was having none of it and was turning her head away when I was telling her to look at daddy. Our of nowhere a CM jumps into the picture, plops his safari hat on DDs head who looks so startled at first then the biggest grin spreads across her face, the CM gives a thumbs up at the camera, and DH snaps the photo. It's one of my favorites.

Everyone has been really friendly. Well, I don't know if this is really rude but I was in line to get ice cream with DD (who was very cranky). I was next and the only person in line when all of sudden a CM cuts in front of me and gets ice cream for a family with about 6 little kids. I waited in line for 1/2 an hour. I gathered that family was having a bad day but that made my day worse having to wait so much longer. He could have apologized to me or at least let me order my ONE cone first before buying 10 ice creams. Then on the way back, DD was walking behind me, tripped and fell and cut her lip. It was a bit stressful as blood was dripping until I could get the wipes out of the backpack. CMs saw but did nothing to offer help. Nothing really rude per-say but could've been handled better.

It was our last Disney trip in 2006, my brother and I were at Chef Mickey's for the character dinner, but we forgot our autograph books. The hostess tells us she'll be right back. Five minutes later, she comes back with these two homemade autograph books constructed especially for us.

I'm ashamed to say, but we didn't exactly know how to react.:confused:

But, don't worry. We said thank you and all that. It was just amazing a considerate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter