Rude coworkers

You missed the point. It doesn't matter if "please" would have been polite or not. You don't prompt another adult in the way that you would your 3 year old. I would have just stood there and stared her down.

Yeah, I was in disbelief over that. I just stood there for a few seconds staring at her but it was clear she was going to just stare back silently until I said it. Seriously unbelievable especially since I was not rude at all to her in the first place.

Yeah, I was in disbelief over that. I just stood there for a few seconds staring at her but it was clear she was going to just stare back silently until I said it. Seriously unbelievable especially since I was not rude at all to her in the first place.

"Can you PLEASE knock off the attitude and hand me the tickets now?"

Good luck next month, OP! :crazy:

Good luck next month, OP! :crazy:

Thanks! The whole thing is actually kind of funny. I very rarely run into people like this - only one other I can think of at one of my first jobs... that one actually talked down to me using a baby voice. Couldn't stand her or that job, ha ha!

Do you have a friendly co-worker who would be willing to pick up your tickets for you next month when he/she gets their own?

Do you have a friendly co-worker who would be willing to pick up your tickets for you next month when he/she gets their own?

We have to pick up the tickets ourselves and sign for them. Believe me I would have gone that route already if it was an option! I think I'll have a coworker go with me as a buffer next time though. ;)

I think you should buy a rubber chicken and slap her with it. She won't see that coming.

Cmon...we women all know the dirty look. It's that look that only women are familiar with. Just wait for the karma train...it always happens. Don't let her get to you. Let miserable be miserable.

Or you can slap her with the chicken.

Ugh...I know where you're coming from. We used to have someone like that in my office. It didn't matter how nicely or politely I asked her to do something related to her job she would snap at me and start slamming things around. It was so dumb and such a waste of time & energy, but I would just stand there and wait for her to get it out of her system because she still had to provide the information. She did it to everyone, so it wasn't personal just her miserable personality. Some people were actually scared to ask her for things.

Yeah, it is a nice job perk. Not so much a perk dealing with Miss Crankypants but oh well. Venting has helped - now I just see her as kind of pathetic.

ETA: Not sure why it didn't let me insert your quote FlightlessDuck.

I agree, but with a dash of sarcasm thrown in. Next time I would get out ahead of her and say "pretty please with sugar on top".

After reading the updates, I agree that going above and beyond on the sweetness might help. We had a pastor at our church who was noted for being a sourpuss. I would walk in on Sunday morning and go right up to him with a big smile and say good morning. He would mumble under his breath but over time I was one of the few he would talk to. So next month, walk over and say something like "Good morning Judy. How ARE you today? If it isn't too much trouble can I please get my tickets for this month's event?" She might still be a grouch but I think it will bother you less.

Yeah, it is a nice job perk. Not so much a perk dealing with Miss Crankypants but oh well. Venting has helped - now I just see her as kind of pathetic.

ETA: Not sure why it didn't let me insert your quote FlightlessDuck.

Oddly, I got an alert saying you quoted me. o_O

"Can you PLEASE knock off the attitude and hand me the tickets now?"

:crazy:
That was pretty much my first thought but I would add "Could you please do your JOB"
Or the next time just say "Tickets PLEASE" using the same attitude she gives.

Okay, not really. I would be thinking it but I would probably just take the high road and be sweet as pie and use please the next time. :rolleyes:

You know, there is a woman at my office who likely has the same attitude as that lady. Unfortunately, not even being nice works for her. She's just got a serious chip on her shoulder and treats everyone (who isn't her boss) like they stink or are stupid or something. It's just not going to get better. Just let her be her miserable self and don't do anything different than how you'd treat anyone else. It's her problem, not yours.

You missed the point. It doesn't matter if "please" would have been polite or not. You don't prompt another adult in the way that you would your 3 year old. I would have just stood there and stared her down.

When she gave the " please". I would said " thank you" , let her figure it out

Frankly just stare at her, not a glare just a blank stare with silence. You stated your reason for being there, from there she just needs to do her job. She is an adult & her job is to distribute these tickets - do it.

When I need something from a colleague I often ask " do you have this or that" it is usually followed by thanks. I very rarely preface it with a please.

I have a coworker like this. No matter what you ask she huffs and puffs, give snide remarks. Her position is not above mine, not that it would matter but she is like this ALL the time EXCEPT when it comes to the big boss. Amazingly she is sweet as pie to him. One time I hung up on her. She was nice to me after that.

ETA I should say I do still get her cranky pants attitude sometimes, and do have to listen to her venting from down the hall way about how corporate is full of stupid people. We got a new system yesterday so she is extra cranky today.

You can either kill her with kindness or stand your ground. Every place I have worked has had at least 1 miserable person who made every single interaction a pain. It's up to you whether the energy it would take to stand your ground and prove a point is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter