Rsr no longer disconnected

Not necessarily. In my experience, the disconnect works in one direction. In other words, you should get any disconnected FPs before any connected one. Getting CS before RSR would work fine but not RSR then CS. In the second case, normal connected rules apply. At least that's how I remember it working at WDW before FP+.

That's interesting, never knew that. Thanks for sharing. If Screamin' is still disconnected we'll have to factor this into any FP plans. We'll be back in a week and the kid just hit 48" - so we're riding (and riding, and riding, and riding....) Screamin' a lot.

Not necessarily. In my experience, the disconnect works in one direction. In other words, you should get any disconnected FPs before any connected one. Getting CS before RSR would work fine but not RSR then CS. In the second case, normal connected rules apply. At least that's how I remember it working at WDW before FP+.

This is not a WDW forum.

The "direction" notion is simply false at DLR.

I've gotten a RSR FP, then a TZOT FP, then a CS FP, all in a span of about five minutes. TZOT has always been "on the grid".

Never has mattered before which order I have gotten them in. I have, for example, gotten Tower then Screamin' immediately after. Another time got Screamin' then Goofy's immediately after. Done this each way many times. At DL, it's either connected or not. Order of obtaining them hasn't mattered.

Order of FPs is not an issue at the DLR. Either the ride is disconnected or it is not.

Never has mattered before which order I have gotten them in. I have, for example, gotten Tower then Screamin' immediately after. Another time got Screamin' then Goofy's immediately after. Done this each way many times. At DL, it's either connected or not. Order of obtaining them hasn't mattered.

Order of FPs is not an issue at the DLR. Either the ride is disconnected or it is not.

Genuine thanks to both of you for correcting my information politely. :goodvibes

I guess I'm done here.

Genuine thanks to both of you for correcting my information politely. :goodvibes

I guess I'm done here.

I politely reject you being done here. :) Too many of us appreciate your info and observations. Also looking forward to reading the rest of your trip report.

It appears only CA Screamin remains disconnected. WOC is too but that is entirely different as others have pointed out.

:wizard:

Hydroguy, What would your strategy be, for example, this coming Saturday morning? I am thinking TSMM first with FP runner to RSR like somebody suggested before?

TIA,

My main goal for FP for RSR is to get a twilight or night time ride. Also, I don't mind doing single rider line. Does the single rider line accommodate ECVs?

There are no stairs through the entrance, so I don't see why not. After all a person not in an ECV can use single rider; therefore, one in an ECV should eb able to do so if they are providing equal access. I actually had to argue this one at Grizzly River Run before for someone that I saw was being told no. I couldn't stand for that. Equal access means you get the same choices as anyone else (Standby, FP or Single Rider in this case).

Hydroguy, What would your strategy be, for example, this coming Saturday morning? I am thinking TSMM first with FP runner to RSR like somebody suggested before?

TIA,

I am still mulling over this development.

If RSR FPs are lasting later in the day now, I would be tempted to get an RSR first if the window is short - like the window is an hour away - or just wait and get one mid-afternoon.

I do not think I would get an RSR FP within the first 30 minutes of park opening if the window is 2+ hours away.

:wizard:

If we are at the front of the pack for rope drop and we head to RSR first, how long will the TSMM line be when we are done with RSR? We are WDW vets and have been on TSMM many times but the kids still love it.

Just still unsure if we hit RSR first or TSMM first. We can certainly do RSR single rider later if they want another ride, so maybe we do TSMM and then get an RSR FP and then do single RSR later.

It just seems wrong to me to go to TSMM first when we have been on it a million times in WDW and we have never been on RSR. I guess I need to just get over that!

Just still unsure if we hit RSR first or TSMM first.

Personally we do TSMM first then maybe screamin' before we head back to get FP for RSR. By this time the line is much shorter & I do not feel like I wasting an hour getting a FP.

Since you have never ridden RSR - If your kids are old enough, I would do single rider RSR, then TSMM, then back to get a FP for RSR (so you can ride as a group).

So what would the best plan be with the FP and a disability pass? My kids are both WDW vets and love TSMM so should we hit that first then try to get a FP for RCR for later in the day and use DS's pass to ride in the next two hr or so? How busy is everything else in Cars Land in the AM? Should we skip using his pass on RCR and use it on something else in Cars Land instead while waiting for RCR FP? Neither kid has been to DLR and they're super excited to see Cars Land and RSR. I know they'll want to ride more than once and they have no interest in Soarin' (HUGE mistake taking DS1 on that at WDW.... Epic fail.), Screaming, GRR, Goofy's Sky School (maybe DS2 would go on) or ToT (although mom and dad like this one...). Thoughts? We'll be there Sunday, June 29, July 2-5. Crazy busy time I'm sure but it's DS2's birthday and that is where he wanted to go.

Thanks for any input - I know WDW like the back of my hand but have no idea what I'm doing at DLR, yet. ;)

So what would the best plan be with the FP and a disability pass? My kids are both WDW vets and love TSMM so should we hit that first then try to get a FP for RCR for later in the day and use DS's pass to ride in the next two hr or so? How busy is everything else in Cars Land in the AM? Should we skip using his pass on RCR and use it on something else in Cars Land instead while waiting for RCR FP? Neither kid has been to DLR and they're super excited to see Cars Land and RSR. I know they'll want to ride more than once and they have no interest in Soarin' (HUGE mistake taking DS1 on that at WDW.... Epic fail.), Screaming, GRR, Goofy's Sky School (maybe DS2 would go on) or ToT (although mom and dad like this one...). Thoughts? We'll be there Sunday, June 29, July 2-5. Crazy busy time I'm sure but it's DS2's birthday and that is where he wanted to go.

Thanks for any input - I know WDW like the back of my hand but have no idea what I'm doing at DLR, yet. ;)
I got to my computer and sent you a PM.

Well that's definitely a strategy game changer - mostly because now you will have to wait 2 hours before pulling any other fastpass (unless of course you are one of the first to pull.) Our strategy may be to pull Soarin' at ropedrop - since that'll just mean a 40 min. wait until the next FP window opens - and then pull RSR. How did they announce this?

They made no announcement to us
My husband tried to get FP and it said we already had soarin FP. cM verified that they started this Friday which we were not in parks on Friday. We were there tues-thurs then sat CM said they were trying to get use to it themselves.
We rode TSMM 2x at rove drop, husband got FP for soarin and met up with us for rides. Then screamin which is now also connected as of sat. We rode that 1x got FP then rode grizzly and soarin. As soon as window opened from screamin FP we got RS for a return time around 2:30
I noticed they didn't run out as early in the day with it being connected. We had 4 FP the days before! We were all over that park strategizing our plan of rides. Even though they are connected it still worked out for us Saturday. This was our first trip and only trip and we had a blast!

Disconnected Screamin' fastpasses have been an occasional "secret" perk my family has taken advantage of. Nice if it continues to be true, but then I saw this:

By this person's report, it sounds possible Screamin' may currently be connected too.

Yes, that happened to us sat screamin is also connected at least on sat It was. It wasn't earlier in the week when we were there but sat it was and the CM confirmed it was connected

Ok, so we are going July 21-23, Mon and Wed are EMH for DCA. Was planning on still going to DCA first on Monday and hitting TSMM, then grabbing a FastPass for RSR. We have littles, so we cannot do single rider for RSR. Will this still be a good plan?

Is TSMM a super long line at regular opening, or will it still be shorter than the normal 40-45 minutes? I don't mind waiting a little bit, but trying to avoid 45+ waits for it. Any advice welcome! My dad hasn't been in 10 years so trying to make the most of our 3 days. I usually "wing it" when it comes to planning. TIA :goodvibes

Two weeks ago I was trying to get a nighttime FP for RSR and we waited for quite awhile as the return time minutes slowly clicked by. I think we finally a return time of 7:45 - 8-45pm at around noon. Fastpasses were definitely not running out as fast as before so I can see why they decided to connect it.

I was back on Saturday and while the new wrinkle was surprising, you just roll with the punches and adjust your plans accordingly. It was so hot on Saturday, I actually spent most of my afternoon at the Animation Academy, which was something that I had never experienced and had a lot of fun drawing all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter