Rsr fp

mrswh

DIS Veteran
Any update on what time one needs to get in line to get a FP for RSR? We are staying at the GCH and would like a FP for sometime before 8 pm. Also, is it possible to enter through the main entrance, ride RSR and then get in line and get a FP before they run out? (This is all assuming RSR doesn't break down in the first hour - is this a bad assumption?) :)

Thanks for any wisdom!

Any update on what time one needs to get in line to get a FP for RSR? We are staying at the GCH and would like a FP for sometime before 8 pm. Also, is it possible to enter through the main entrance, ride RSR and then get in line and get a FP before they run out? (This is all assuming RSR doesn't break down in the first hour - is this a bad assumption?) :)

Thanks for any wisdom!

I'm not sure what the "norm" is, but I can tell you what we experienced this past Monday (8/27). The park officially opened at 9:00AM, and DH got in FP line somewhere between 9:20-9:30 (don't know the exact time) and had the passes by 9:40. The return time was 6:00PM.

As for your 2nd question, I'm unclear as to what time you would be entering. If you are doing early entry and get into the park an hour early, you could ride RSR and then get in line for a FP before they run out (assuming RSR is running when you get there). However, when we did early entry on Tuesday, it took us ~50 minutes to ride RSR...and that was with no breakdowns. I guess we should have gotten to the gate earlier than we did (~7:45). I'm not sure if this is the norm, but riding RSR killed pretty much our whole early entry. It was fine by us, though, because it was the only opportunity that our party was going to have to ride it that day.

Thank you Lisa!

Yes, my post was unclear - sorry. I meant to ask whether, if we entered an hour early through the main entrance (which I understand is a better strategy than using the GCH entrance), we might have time to ride RSR *and* get a FP before they run out. I guess I am being a little greedy, but on one of our park days there is no early entry to DCA so I'm trying to maximize the opportunities to ride RSR. :) I'd like to use one early entry morning to ride TSMM since I imagine most everyone will be racing to RSR.

I'm not sure what the "norm" is, but I can tell you what we experienced this past Monday (8/27). The park officially opened at 9:00AM, and DH got in FP line somewhere between 9:20-9:30 (don't know the exact time) and had the passes by 9:40. The return time was 6:00PM.

As for your 2nd question, I'm unclear as to what time you would be entering. If you are doing early entry and get into the park an hour early, you could ride RSR and then get in line for a FP before they run out (assuming RSR is running when you get there). However, when we did early entry on Tuesday, it took us ~50 minutes to ride RSR...and that was with no breakdowns. I guess we should have gotten to the gate earlier than we did (~7:45). I'm not sure if this is the norm, but riding RSR killed pretty much our whole early entry. It was fine by us, though, because it was the only opportunity that our party was going to have to ride it that day.

Yes, it is possible. In fact, dh & I rode, then got 2 sets of FPs well before they ran out. We needed to get 4 as we let the kids sleep in. We did wide right and were in the first car. We pulled the FPs at about 8:04 with a return time of 8:45, then got back in line and timed it (by going backwards in the line) to pull the 2nd set at 8:45.

As for TSMM, we were able to do RSR and then walk leisurely to TSMM and ride 3 times as a walk on. We did not do wide right so probably didn't get on RSR till 7:30. This may change one CA becomes a magic morning park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter