• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RSR after dark

Gatordude

Earning My Ears
Just watched a YouTube vid of RSR after the sun had set. One word: WOW!

Question I have for the " experts " here:

Seeing as how this ride is more popular than a summer day at Phineas & Ferbs house, what would be the best strategy to get a FP that will enable me and the rest of my clan to ride after dark?

Or would SR be the better choice?

We will be at the park Apr 27 to May 3 and hoping for light crowds.

Appreciate it.

This morning we picked up a fastness around 9:30 with a 2 minute wait to get it and our return time was 8:35. It was awesome! We also rode it twice this morning.

It depends on how crowded it is. Generally I get in the fastpass line an hour after park opening. When I get to the front of the line, I stand off to the side until the 7-8pm fastpass time is reached. Usually their will be others standing with you, waiting for the same thing. The CM's will occasionally call out what time they have reached to give you updates.

did this last week, single rider line was 20 mins long 1/2 hr before closing. The main line was 70 mins. If you don't have a fast past then get in line about 15 mins before closing. It will go faster after the park closes because there will be no one in the fast pass or single rider line.

The PP offer the best plan via the FP. I would just let you know that riding at night is AWESOME. :thumbsup2 We waited almost an hour and it was worth it. The same goes for just walking around Carsland.

The PP offer the best plan via the FP. I would just let you know that riding at night is AWESOME. :thumbsup2 We waited almost an hour and it was worth it. The same goes for just walking around Carsland.

Thanks for the info!

I got in line one time 5 minutes before closing and waited 35 min.

My suggestion - go to the wharf, get a pretzel and beer, then get to the line right before it closes. Enjoy beer and pretzel while waiting!

I got in line one time 5 minutes before closing and waited 35 min.

My suggestion - go to the wharf, get a pretzel and beer, then get to the line right before it closes. Enjoy beer and pretzel while waiting!

And that is the best suggestion of all!!

Since you have so many days, I think the "get in single rider line near closing" advice is fine and good (FP advice is also good).

If you just had one day, I'd definitely suggest a FP to increase your chances of being able to ride. The ride is prone to breakdowns so it's POSSIBLE it might break down while you're waiting at the end of the day, and they MIGHT not restart the ride until the next morning. In other words, I would not personally save a "must-see" late night ride experience on RSR for the last night of my trip, in case things went wrong.

Since you have so many days, I think the "get in single rider line near closing" advice is fine and good (FP advice is also good).

If you just had one day, I'd definitely suggest a FP to increase your chances of being able to ride. The ride is prone to breakdowns so it's POSSIBLE it might break down while you're waiting at the end of the day, and they MIGHT not restart the ride until the next morning. In other words, I would not personally save a "must-see" late night ride experience on RSR for the last night of my trip, in case things went wrong.

10-4 ghost rider.

Heard that the break downs can be brutal.

From everything I've heard, breakdowns are generally a LOT better than they were when Cars Land opened...of course they're still annoying and they do still happen, but the ride used to break down for an hour or more, probably once a day or more. Now it seems like a shorter breakdown period is more common. (We were caught waiting in the Single Rider line maybe 30 minutes before the ride came back online.)

I think the Single Rider line might in general get a bit longer at night. I'd personally try Baliezer's advice first but if you have any issues with getting your FP, Single Rider is fine.

I'm not sure there are any other options besides the ones already outlined here, so you can just make your decision. You definitely have plenty of days to try both. Or if you have a FP, you can use it and if you love the ride at night so much you want to do it again, you can go right around and try Single Rider. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter