RSHEALAND live from BLT w/pics

Dinner tonite was at Artist Point

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

How was Artists Point? It has been a while since we have had dinner there. I have always enjoyed it.

Love, love, love the fireworks!!!!

***Big Sigh***....I've been home one week and it feels like I've been home for months.

Well time to start planning my June trip!! :rotfl:

Those fireworks pictures are fantastic.

And we will be seeing them for ourselves come Thursday night! :woohoo:

:goodvibes Great TR, love your pictures, they are beautiful, what kind of camera do you have? I need to replace mine. :rotfl:

Minimum age is 10...

Yes the minimum age is 10. We enjoyed it, but it did drag on a little when we were at the round house. Goups of 4 get to go up into the engine and learn how it runs, we had 13 in our group and it took a while. The tour guide said it would be 1.5 hrs before a bathroom break and it was about 2.75 hrs before the break which sent a few people running for the bathrooms. It was nice to have a tour guide who had a lifelong passion for trains. When we went on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour last year the guide just kind of rushed through a lot of the tour.

Thanks to you both for the information! RSHEALAND it looks like you are continuing to have a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing the trip with all of us.

Also wondering about Artist Point! We will be there in a few weeks. Looks like some were dressed real casual, was this the case? We love Kona and have plans for breakfast and lunch.

My DW and I ate at Artist Point a couple weeks ago. True, some were dressed rather casually there but that in no way detracted from an excellent dinner. I am an iced tea snob as my DW will tell you. Only Artist Point and Narcoose's made the grade of all the signature restaurants we ate at. Oh yes, the main course was delicious as well. I had the bison and my wife had the cedar plank salmon. We both thought the meal was delicious.

I would not hesitate to eat there again.

Also wondering about Artist Point! We will be there in a few weeks. Looks like some were dressed real casual, was this the case?

The food was delicious and the deserts were terrific. Yes there was a few people that were dressed really casual and about 10 people who were wearing costumes that were on their way to MNSSHP. What surprised us was the number of little kids that were there. Our waitress was a little off with service, but we did notice the waitor at the table near us was outstanding. I couldnt get a good look at his name tag, but I think it looked like Izzy or Isso. He explained everything thoroughly, even to the kids at the table and was very on with his service. Maybe you could try calling the restaurant and see if the name is right and the request him for your server.

Yesterday we started with breakfast at the Wave. We both had the buffet which has everything on the menu except for omellettes. We then headed to Hollywood Studios. Both times through Toy Story Mania it took about half of the posted stand by time that was displayed. Each time when we got past where you pick up the 3D glasses the phone rang and they sent us up the fast pass side to the front of the line. First ride it took us 30 minutes through a 60 minute wait time line and second ride it took 12 minutes for a 30 minute wait time line. Not bad for 9am. We then walked on to the great movie ride and then went over to Star Tours. Our time in the Star Tours line was short to because the same thing happened and we were switched from the stand by line to the fast pass line. After a couple of more stops we headed to EPCOT, after stopping for lunch at The Captains Grille at The Yatch Club.

Sounds like you are having an awesome trip. Thank you for answering my question re: Artist Point. We have arranged child care for our kids, even though they are very well behaved. We just have a hard time dressing up. We would dress better, just not dress up. I am really looking forward to trying this place! Thx.

Lunch Saturday at Captain's Grille
Fish and Chips
IMAG0160.jpg

New England Clam Chowder and Tuna Salad Sandwich
IMAG0161.jpg

This was the first time we went to EPCOT for F&W on a weekend and boy was it crowded. Some lines had 60 - 70 people waiting. Next year we will have to remember to use our weekdays more wisely.

Dinner tonite (Sunday) was at The California Grille. My wife has informed me that this is our new favorite restaurant. The pictures were shot with a phone camera so they aren't as clear.

Hearts of Romaine Salad
34fcb0e0.jpg

Heirloom Tomatoe Salad
5a5ca88c.jpg

Ray-Ray cocktail
71adc568.jpg

Cast Iron Seared Bison with mac and cheese
IMAG0183.jpg

Pork Tenderloin
IMAG0184.jpg

Apple Bread Pudding with butter pecan ice cream
IMAG0190.jpg

Bananas Caramel
IMAG0191.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter