RPR vs Nick Hotel

jeffreynmichelle

Mouseketeer
We are planning a trip for September and have decided to spend a few days at Universal. Here's my question....should we stay at the RPR or the Nick Hotel? We have a 2 1/2 year-old who is a Backyardigans (Nick Jr. show) fanatic! However, I didn't find any current info stating they would have the Backyardigans at the Nick Hotel. Also traveling with us will be my grandparents, my mom and sister & brother-in-law. The positives with RPR would be staying on-site. Don't think the fast pass (whatever it's called in Universal lingo) will matter since we're going during September. So, does anyone have any suggestions on which hotel we should go with? :confused3

Thanks!!

We are planning a trip for September and have decided to spend a few days at Universal. Here's my question....should we stay at the RPR or the Nick Hotel? We have a 2 1/2 year-old who is a Backyardigans (Nick Jr. show) fanatic! However, I didn't find any current info stating they would have the Backyardigans at the Nick Hotel. Also traveling with us will be my grandparents, my mom and sister & brother-in-law. The positives with RPR would be staying on-site. Don't think the fast pass (whatever it's called in Universal lingo) will matter since we're going during September. So, does anyone have any suggestions on which hotel we should go with? :confused3

Thanks!!

First of all, I would venture over to the Other Orlando Resorts and check out the reviews for the Nick Hotel. As far as I have seen, the reviews haven't been all that great. But I haven't read it for awhile.

With a 2 year old, I would definitely stay onsite. It is so convenient to go back for a nap or a swim, no cars or car seats involved. Just a quick walk or boat ride and you are back at your hotel within 10 minutes.

First of all, I would venture over to the Other Orlando Resorts and check out the reviews for the Nick Hotel. As far as I have seen, the reviews haven't been all that great. But I haven't read it for awhile.

With a 2 year old, I would definitely stay onsite. It is so convenient to go back for a nap or a swim, no cars or car seats involved. Just a quick walk or boat ride and you are back at your hotel within 10 minutes.

::yes:: ::yes::

Definately RPR over Nick hotel. We spent 3 days at the Nick hotel last August, and it was icky. An over priced old holiday inn, imo. Now, I tend to think our family has become hotel snobs after our stays at the Universal hotels, but this was bad. Mold in the bathroom, carpet was filthy, no room to move in the pool, :::shudder::.

The kids had an ok time (I have a 10, 8, and 2 yr old), but they would've rather stayed at Universal. Plus the drive time between the hotel and park, naps etc... not fun with a toddler. And even in September, nothing beats FOTL :D

We stayed at Nick a few years ago and I do not remember any Backyardigans. They had Spongebob, Dora, Blues Clues, Rugrats, and Fairly Odd Parents. Oh yeah and Jimmy Neutron. DD loved the pool area and the family shows. But as others have said it is a Holiday Inn not the best. I have never stayed onsite at US but we are planning on staying in October at HRH. Also if you stay at Nick you don't get FOTL. I would stay RPR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter