RPR room rate

twild

Earning My Ears
I booked a 1 night stay at RPR from their website for the perk of EP. It was $313 total W/ tax. If anyone finds any codes or promotions I would love to hear to get it at a lower rate. Thanks!

If you have AAA you can get a little over 10% off usually. Also, I have heard of some using cheaptickets.com to find deals since they have those % off deals and they do include the Universal hotels.

We normally get the AP or FL Res discounts so that helps us. There is a thread for 2014 rates that you can look through to see what other's have got.

I use this site for booking.

I don't know what kind of ticket you have right now. But if you had an AP (and even the Power Pass works for this now) you could, right now, book using the code APH on that site, and get a rate of 229.50 for that one night at RPR.

Only you know the difference between the Power Pass appropriate for you (not sure if you're a FL resident or not) and the ticket you have. (of course, the Power Pass doesn't get you discounts on merchandise and food, while the Preferred and Premium do) See if it makes any financial sense.

I use this site for booking. I don't know what kind of ticket you have right now. But if you had an AP (and even the Power Pass works for this now) you could, right now, book using the code APH on that site, and get a rate of 229.50 for that one night at RPR. Only you know the difference between the Power Pass appropriate for you (not sure if you're a FL resident or not) and the ticket you have. (of course, the Power Pass doesn't get you discounts on merchandise and food, while the Preferred and Premium do) See if it makes any financial sense.

Thank you- I was looking at the power pass, but didn't know how much it would save on hotel. We are not from FL, so will not get back this year. If I did 1 power pass, do I save $ on the other three 2 day tickets I would be purchasing?? Can I purchase all these from Undercover Tourist or will I have to purchase from US website? Thanks for your help!

Thank you- I was looking at the power pass, but didn't know how much it would save on hotel. We are not from FL, so will not get back this year. If I did 1 power pass, do I save $ on the other three 2 day tickets I would be purchasing?? Can I purchase all these from Undercover Tourist or will I have to purchase from US website? Thanks for your help!

You can't purchase the AP from UT. You get a 10% discount for other tickets with the power pass but that is off gate price and only for multiday tickets.

Just use the code APH for the link bumbershoot gave you and if they have any AP rates they will show it. You can show your card before you checkout so you don't have to have it before check in. I don't know which room category you picked but it is showing an AP rate of $204 for your night. You can play around with the dates some more :)

Just use the code APH for the link bumbershoot gave you and if they have any AP rates they will show it. You can show your card before you checkout so you don't have to have it before check in. I don't know which room category you picked but it is showing an AP rate of $204 for your night. You can play around with the dates some more :)

Thanks for the info everyone! I'll play around with it a bit and see what I can get. Thanks again!!

Just remember that an APH rate can show up one day and be gone the next.

From the UO site, with tax and will call pickup, power pass is about 213.

For tickets, the 2 day park to park on UCT are about 178 each for adults.

I haven't checked today to see if it's still there, but yesterday I found the hotel cost with AP was 229.50 (included tax).

And you have the hotel booked at a cost of 313 including taxes.

Assuming those were the tickets you're going for, unless I've made some awful error in thinking and/or math (which is always possible!), that's a $35 difference for one person to get the Power Pass that yields a $83.50 difference in the hotel cost. Sounds like a winner to me.

On the UO website, the 2 day park to parks are 187.43, so UCT makes a bit more sense. ;)

It looks like I can save about $180 on room rates switching from AAA to APH for my upcoming family vacation.

We are going June 7-9, so I was thinking about getting a power pass for me and park to park 3 day tickets for the rest of the family.

Am I missing some other downside of the power pass? My math says I spend about $40 more on tickets and save about $180 on the room.

It seems like a no brainer, so I think I might be missing something.

Dan

It looks like I can save about $180 on room rates switching from AAA to APH for my upcoming family vacation.

We are going June 7-9, so I was thinking about getting a power pass for me and park to park 3 day tickets for the rest of the family.

Am I missing some other downside of the power pass? My math says I spend about $40 more on tickets and save about $180 on the room.

It seems like a no brainer, so I think I might be missing something.

Dan

Nope, the blackout dates are right after you go. I think you are fine.

It looks like I can save about $180 on room rates switching from AAA to APH for my upcoming family vacation. We are going June 7-9, so I was thinking about getting a power pass for me and park to park 3 day tickets for the rest of the family. Am I missing some other downside of the power pass? My math says I spend about $40 more on tickets and save about $180 on the room. It seems like a no brainer, so I think I might be missing something. Dan

Are you saving $180 a night or just the whole trip?

Nope, the blackout dates are right after you go. I think you are fine.

That is what I saw as well.

OK.. Since I didn't figure this out before I bought my tickets from UCT, I am trying to figure out what to do.

I paid $164.95 for the 3 day ticket. If I return it, I pay 5% - $8.25 (and shipping/etc).

If I just upgrade this ticket to a power pass, is the gate price different than the online price? I have read that Universal uses the price you paid for a ticket to determine how much the upgrade is. How does Universal know what I paid UCT for the ticket? If I call, can they tell me how much to upgrade my ticket in hand to a power pass exactly?

So. Should I send the ticket back to UCT and buy a powerpass online or should I just upgrade at the park? I am thinking that it may be about the same to upgrade and less risk than mailing in the ticket.

Thanks!
Dan

Check out new Cheaptickets.com with 25% off promo code: PACKUP. This is 25% off the Stay More Save More offer from Universal. It's about $169/night with taxes for 4 nights in mid- August ($144/night without taxes). Prices may be different for one night in June. It offers same hotel perks and free cancellation until 5 days before check-in date.

Have fun planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter