• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RPR questions

Three cats

DIS Veteran
For a standard view king room, what are the views like? I don't see theme park view listed as a category. Is this a possibility in the standard view category? Does anyone think upgrading to water view is worth it?

Which tower would be closest to the boat dock and pool?

Do the rooms all have a refrigerator?

Thank you :)

This is all my opinion, but it seems that the greenery around RPR (and worse at HRH) has matured a lot over the years. Trees block views. You really can't see the park from RPR. The trees lining the canal are huge.

The trees providing shade at the pools are tall. And 'water view' might be a view of the lilly pad covered 'moat' around the hotel front.

We never specified for view because no matter what, the expertly maintained landscaping is wonderful!

All of the rooms have mini fridges except for Tower 3. The refurb is in progress in Tower 3, and fridges are being added to them. Tower 3 would be closest to the water taxi, and the pool is between Tower 1 and Tower 3. IMO, even if you're in Tower 2, it's not a terribly far walk to anything. Not like WDW resorts can be.

We just stayed in a standard king on the 5th floor of Tower 3 about two weeks ago. This was our third time at RPR staying standard king, and the third time we have been on the 5th floor of Tower 3. Not sure if it's a coincidence or if standard kings are all concentrated in one area. Our room had not been refurbished yet so we did not have a fridge, and we could hear them working on the floors above us. Our view was mostly of a courtyard/walkway below with lots of trees and shrubs, and in the distance we could see the freeway. Same view last trip.

I personally don't think upgrading to water view would be worth the cost. There is no balcony or outside space to enjoy the view from at your room, and I know for us, we're never in the room for long anyhow.

Thank you Nkereina! That is great info. Our trip isn't until next November so it sounds like a safe bet to request Tower 3. Having only stayed at Disney Resorts I am really looking forward to trying this one!!

Thank you Nkereina! That is great info. Our trip isn't until next November so it sounds like a safe bet to request Tower 3. Having only stayed at Disney Resorts I am really looking forward to trying this one!!

Yes, Tower 3 should be completed by then. We've always found it good location-wise. Also just a quick elevator ride down to Jake's and The Islands dining room. We find it just as nice, if not nicer than some WDW resorts and always look forward to staying here. Have a great trip!

This is the view from 6th floor T3.......water/theme park view.......they did trim some of the trees end of last year at this side......not sure about the other side`s view

2015 orlando 166 ed.jpg

2015 Pics 002.JPG

This is T3 pool view rooms taken from T1

2015 Pics 019.JPG

T3 is closest to boat dock but as Nekereina says the resort is not that sprawled out......everything is close together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter