RPR or HRH

Cielei

Up to my ears
We just decided to take our boys (will be 7 and 8 at the time of trip) to Universal in September (after Labor day). Which hotel would be better for us?

Both are great hotels/resorts but whichever theme you like better as a family is what it'll probablly come down to. We like HRH better because of the pool with a great slide, underwater music and upbeat theme. RPR is absolutely gorgeous and has a very relaxing vibe. The pool doesn't have a slide but does have a water squirting ship type play area. The rooms are a lil bigger at HRH, but room size isn't an issue for us either way. Whichever one you pick, it'll be a great choice.

Thanks so much for the input. :) We've been doing disney for so long now, I feel like I don't know how to plan a vacation that isn't disney! :scared1:

I am wondering the same thing.

Are they both equally nice? Is one closer to the parks?

After doing Disney so many times I am lost trying to plan this trip.

Are they both equally nice? Is one closer to the parks?

Some people think that RPR is "less than" because it's the cheapest of the three, but I feel it's VERY nice. I've stayed at both hotels and think they are equal in terms of quality. We chose HRH last time because DS14 thought it would be cool. We thought the pool there was much more fun. HRH IS a closer walk to the parks too.

We loved RPR too, though. We would choose it again because it is cheaper and you can visit any of the other 3 hotels to use the pools/restaurants anyway. It's a long walk, but we mostly used the water taxis.

We have been staying at RPR for 5 years now, had 2 stays at PBH as well, never stayed at HRH as it just does not have the appeal for us.
All the resorts are excellent , and just decide what themeing you think you would like.
We love the atmosphere at RPR and our DD14 loves it there, always plenty happening around the pool for her. You can always try out the other 2 resort pools where ever you decide to stay.

Thank you so much for the help! I had the boys look at pictures of the 2 resorts and pick the one they liked best. They picked HRH; so, we'll be seeing the wizarding world and any of you that happen to be around Sept 10 - 14! :wizard:

Just curious what your thoughts are for splurging on a Club level room at Hard Rock vs. standard Garden View room? I'm interested in the drink and food offerings. Do they compare to the Disney Concierge levels?

Many Thanks :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter