RPR Club Level Worth $85 extra per night?

boyy

Earning My Ears
We're trying to decide between a standard room at RPR ($110 Entertainment rate) or club level (also RPR) for $195 Fan Club rate.

Help!

If you think you will be spending more than $85 a day on drinks and breakfast and snacks it may be worth it!

I have never stayed club level at Universal but it doesnt appeal to me. I would rather have extra space. I cant see myself scheduling ourselves over snacks offered at certain times, it would cut into my park time ;)

We stayed on Club Level at HRH and really enjoyed it. We were only paying $35 more, though. The breakfast was really nice. You could go to the lounge and grab some food, eat in your room (or on the way) and be off to the parks without having to stop for breakfast there. They also had water and soda and beer, I think, available all day so you could grab some water bottles for the parks on your way out and then have some on the way back to your room. We found that we were often ready for a break during the time they served the evening food and with the HRH being so close to the parks we could easily drop in for food and be back in the parks in no time, all refreshed. Then at night we could get cookies, soda, water, milk, etc. on our way in from the parks-a real treat. With our party of 5, it saved us $$ since some days we only had to do lunch in the parks. I found that when we ate in the parks we averaged $10 per person. Our youngest is 14 and we don't usually share meals. We never altered our plans just to be back in the hotel for the evening food, it just seemed that many days we were ready for a break at that time.

So, depending on the size of your family and the ages, the Club level might be a good thing for you - or not!!

We were in a Kid's suite so space wasn't an issue.

Hope this helped!!

Nan

Nan, if I was able to get CL while staying in a suite and for $35 a night more I would grab it in a NY minute! I will be on the lookout for that when we stay at HRH again, thanks:)

I don't now how we got it for $35. It was during a busy time, too.
I didn't ask any questions either!!:) We just hurried to our room !!

JessicaR, thanks for all the help you give to everybody! You are really nice to take the time to do it!! :teeth:

Nan

if you think you will eat $85 dollars in drinks and snacks then definitely go for it, but for me it would not be worth it. As a family of 3, we spent about $120 a day on food but that was full meals at sitdown restaurants. If I could get it for $35 then I would definitely do it. No matter what you decide have a good time.

BOYY, I would do it if I were you. Not only do you get the free snacks and drinks, you will be on the floor just for concierge guests, have robes in the rooms, and I read something about internet access in the lounge, (computers) and printers, and you also get the cabanas for 1/2 price (at least that's what I read).

We are doing it in October, although my husband doesn't know, its a surprise. I've read really good things about the club level at RP. We are still going to have dinner at Tchoup Choup one night, and I'm sure we'll end up eating out the first night we get there, because by the time we get to the hotel, it will be too late for the lounge snacks (we get to the airport after 5p, I'm assuming we won't get to the hotel until between 7-8?). Also, they don't allow pets on the club level, and since my son and I have allergies, I'm hoping this is true. Whatever you decide, you will have a great time! When are you going?

Alaska, when we were on club level in July, there WERE 2 different dogs that we saw being walked in the hallway.

Well then I was given some misinformation, because I was assured by the person who did my reservations that there would be no pets on that level. I need to double check that with the hotel directly, maybe? They should stick to their policies, if there is the case. I don't want to be freaked out in the hallways by a doberman or german shepard....I'm allergic to cat dander too..I know that these hotels are "pet friendly" but my allergies are not. I really want to stay there though...

Well then I was given some misinformation, because I was assured by the person who did my reservations that there would be no pets on that level. I need to double check that with the hotel directly, maybe? They should stick to their policies, if there is the case. I don't want to be freaked out in the hallways by a doberman or german shepard....I'm allergic to cat dander too..I know that these hotels are "pet friendly" but my allergies are not. I really want to stay there though...

Originally posted by alaskantwinks
Well then I was given some misinformation, because I was assured by the person who did my reservations that there would be no pets on that level.

It was only a med. size poodle, but it kind of surprised me. It was on a leash, but jumped up at me ...in a friendly sort of way as it passed in the hall. Earlier in the day my husband mentioned a dog he had seen in the hall, but he said this one wasn't the same one. It could've been on club level because of 2 big conventions going on for part of the week we were there. Or, I remember reading somewhere else on this board about them being allowed on club level.

We were offered the chance to upgrade to Club when we checked in - so maybe you could book a standard room at $110 and then ask at check in to upgrade?

Originally posted by AlisonB
We were offered the chance to upgrade to Club when we checked in - so maybe you could book a standard room at $110 and then ask at check in to upgrade?

Alison, do you mind me asking when that was and if you had booked at the Entertainment rate? I'm just curious because it sounds like if you have the Entertainment rate you are no longer offered upgrades.

Thanks!

We booked with an AP rate ($160) and were offered the chance to upgrade for an extra $50 per night.

Thanks, Alison! I was hoping you'd say Entertainment Rate so I might still have a hope but I figured it wasn't. :D

Thanks again,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter