• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RPH & Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas 11-29 to 12-5-16

OOMHS

Earning My Ears
This is my pre-trip report. I always think I'm going to do a trip report and never do, so maybe if I do the PRE-trip report, I'll feel obligated to do the follow-up! Here's hoping! :)

The trip will be me (46 yo F), my daughter (23) and possibly my husband. He doesn't really care for theme parks and also might not be able to get the time off but we're hoping! The cruise is booked for 3 people, so if he backs out, we'll need to think of someone we like well enough to share a cabin with for the cruise part of the trip! We'll arrive at RPH on Tuesday, November 29. We're APH and come to the parks a few times per year and I like the pools at RPH the best (we've also stayed at Hard Rock and Portofino Bay). I've heard Cabana Bay's pools are amazing, but if I'm going to do onsite hotels, I want my express passes. We'll do whichever park has EO on Wednesday, November 30 and the other park Thursday, December 1. Friday, December 2, we'll have a leisurely breakfast and head over to Port Canaveral for a short 3-night cruise on the Majesty of the Seas. I've heard it's kind of an older and outdated ship, but we're mostly just wanting to relax and lay on lounges after having run around the parks like maniacs for a few days.

Counting down!

That sounds like fun. Years and years ago, our first cruise was on the Sovereign of the Seas, a now sold sister to the Majesty, and she felt big to us. I'm sure even if she's not new, she'll still be a great boat to have a short cruise with. We took the Sovereign out on New Year's Eve from Porto Rico, for a week long cruise.

Took two Disney ships from PC, and we really like the port. Great to see all the boats in port.

And, the parks should be awesome during that time.

Counting down indeed!

Subscribing.

Yayyyy! Great news; my husband's work approved his vacation request! My daughter and I are both super excited that he'll be coming along on this trip. We have NO PROBLEM doing mom/daughter trips to Universal and have done plenty of them over the years since DH just really isn't into the theme park thing, but obviously it's always a lot more fun WITH him than without him. This might be one of my last trips to Universal; I have chronic kidney disease and it's getting harder and harder every year to find the energy to do the parks. I'm currently at only 24% kidney function and will probably need to go on a transplant list and/or dialysis before too much longer, and I'm just not sure how well that will work out with the theme parks, so I'm going to really relish this trip! I'm excited for the new things like the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium and Kong, and excited for the old favorites like The Mummy! 99 days to go! :)

That is great news OOMHS. Always nice when the whole family can come along.

Sorry to hear of your kidney problem. If you feel weak, you can always ask for a disability pass, and rest until can ride. There's benches and places to sit all around the parks, so use them if you need some down time. Plus, I love just taking my time, and soaking in all the sights in the parks. There's going to be some decorations for the holidays, so that should make the parks even more festive.

Sounds like a fun trip made even better now your husband can go with you!

I hope the trip is everything you want it to be, health issues certainly can affect travel plans. Good wishes for you that you all have a wonderful trip.

We adore RPR........nice choice :thumbsup2

Looking forward to reading along with you........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter