Royal Suites, Concierge, Dream

pdwimmer

DIS Veteran
Hi All:
Ok, so I am starting to get some of that iffy service from concierge onshore that everyone has been talking about.

Can someone who has been in the Roy or Walt Suite please confirm what is provided with your room charge? I don't care if I have to pay extra for Palo, or water, or whatever. I would just like to know so I can plan accordingly. My tip jar is almost full. Given what concierge told me I may need to start a drink jar now too. UGH.

I am getting conflicting answers from the board and from onshore concierge. Any help would be much appreciated.

Trish

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. The concierge benefits are pretty clearly explained on the DCL web page. By and large, everything on the ship that anyone else has to pay extra for, you do too. Is there something specific you think might be included that you can't figure out?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean. The concierge benefits are pretty clearly explained on the DCL web page. By and large, everything on the ship that anyone else has to pay extra for, you do too. Is there something specific you think might be included that you can't figure out?

Hi There:
Thanks so much for your help. Of course concierge is explained, I read it, got it. Then I started reading all the posts from those that stayed in the Roy or Walt Suite, which do get different levels of service and No, it is not explicitly stated online what extra you get other than a larger room.

So some guests indicated they had to pay extra for Palo to be delivered. Others indicated not. Some indicated their fridge is stocked with water, juice, milk, etc. for no additional charge. (We understand alcohol would always be extra. Just asking about routine drinks).

Have you stayed in the Roy or Walt Suite? Can you tell me your experience? If you haven't, no biggy. I do appreciate your willingness to help.

Trish

Stayed in 2 bedroom suite last month, not Roy/Walt suite. We were given bottles of water & soda without charge and without asking. Milk and juice was not automatically stocked in the refridgerator.

We had to request main dining room and Palo menus and were given them instantly. We tipped person for room service of main dining room dinners but ate in Palo. Sorry I can't help you with that question. Oh and just in case you are not aware, Palo dinners en suite had to ordered at specific times. Something like 5:30-6:30 and 7:15- 8:15. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. Hope this helps.

Friends of ours stayed in the Roy Suite on the Dream on an August double dip. All the ladies in our group (6) enjoyed Palo's infamous chocolate souffles as we were seated at the big round dining table in the suite. It was yummy and an awesome experience. So I call that a perk....

Some of the "perks" (based on our experience a couple months ago as well as discussions with the concierge staff) exclusively for the Royal Suite on the DREAM include:

1) full size fridge - ours was stocked with milk & various cans of soda. We did request Mickey Bars in the freezer which were then stocked in the freezer and refilled as needed. No extra cost.

2) wine fridge in the room - the wine itself is not free but you do have it in your room for convenience as needed.

3) automatic high-end coffee maker. You can make yourself an espresso at 2 AM as you see fit! No extra cost.

4) the ability to have Palo delivered to your room on any night(s). Place order with concierge and it will be delivered to your room. We have never been charged on either the Magic/Wonder or Dream for the Palo room service. Again, no extra cost.

5) unlimited internet access. Were told by concierge simply to sign up with any of the internet access plans, and it will be removed from the bill. The other rooms on the concierge level "only" get 100 free minutes. This perk is one reason I rebooked the Royal on our next cruise. I just like having that perk. Again, no extra cost.

6) subjective, but I really believe there is a slight bit of favoritism for the two families that stay in the Royals among the members of the concierge staff. The concierge staff is always friendly and helpful to all the vacationers, but I do think there is some acknowledgment that you are paying more than any one else on the cruise. So, they do seem to know your name and family members, perhaps a little faster and try to make your trip special.

7) we did get a tour of our Royal suite upon arrival.

Another perk that both the 1 bedrooms and Royal have:

1) you can order warm breakfasts from the rotational restaurants for room service. No extra cost.

Then there are the perks that all the concierge level have that I will not waste your time repeating.

Hope this info helps.

DWF

P.S. Also, do not forget all the fun of the size and space of the Royal!

Some of the "perks" (based on our experience a couple months ago as well as discussions with the concierge staff) exclusively for the Royal Suite on the DREAM include:

1) full size fridge - ours was stocked with milk, cans of soda, and various milk cartons. We did request Mickey Bars in the freezer which were then stocked in the freezer and refilled as needed. No extra cost.

2) wine fridge in the room - the wine itself is not free but you do have it in your room for convenience as needed.

3) automatic high-end coffee maker. You can make yourself an espresso at 2 AM as you see fit! No extra cost.

4) the ability to have Palo delivered to your room on any night(s). Place order with concierge and it will be delivered to your room. We have never been charged on either the Magic/Wonder or Dream for the Palo room service. Again, no extra cost.

5) unlimited internet access. Were told by concierge simply to sign up with any of the internet access plans, and it will be removed from the bill. The other rooms on the concierge level "only" get 100 free minutes. This perk is one reason I rebooked the Royal on our next cruise. I just like having that perk. Again, no extra cost.

6) subjective, but I really believe there is a slight bit of favoritism for the two families that stay in the Royals among the members of the concierge staff. The concierge staff is always friendly and helpful to all the vacationers, but I do think there is some acknowledgment that you are paying more than any one else on the cruise. So, they do seem to know your name and family members, perhaps a little faster and try to make your trip special.

7) we did get a tour of our Royal suite upon arrival.

Another perk that both the 1 bedrooms and Royal have:

1) you can order warm breakfasts from the rotational restaurants for room service. No extra cost.

Then there are the perks that all the concierge level have that I will not waste your time repeating.

Hope this info helps.

DWF

P.S. Also, do not forget all the fun of the size and space of the Royal!

This is extremely helpful. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter